Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,049 times)

Stitch

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 26, 2020, 12:21:53 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 25, 2020, 10:11:06 PM
Shaw's dreams in Prometheus are things that actually happened.

Yes but the dreams were implanted to keep her brain functioning.  Thats all you need to elaborate on skippy.
Er, what? Where was that ever said?  ???

I was always under the impression that Shaw's dreams were happening in real time and it was just David spying on her psyche.

Huggs

And so it begins.

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 26, 2020, 09:14:58 PM
I was always under the impression that Shaw's dreams were happening in real time and it was just David spying on her psyche.

That was actually my read on the scene as well.

Huggs

"They say most of your brain shuts down in cryosleep.

All but the primitive side...the animal side"

426Buddy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 26, 2020, 11:50:46 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 26, 2020, 09:14:58 PM

That was actually my read on the scene as well.

Same

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2020, 12:46:29 AM

Love that flick

BigCountry

send the marines or another crew to lv426 , revel that the egg shit is still there .Thats a way to reboot the franchise .Been saying this for years . they did it in Alien : CM

Nightmare Asylum

Aliens: Colonial Marines is hardly indicative of the best way to reboot the franchise. :D

I much prefer the idea that the Derelict was lost when the atmosphere processor exploded. Ripley and company wouldn't have just left LV-426 if it was out of range of the explosion. And, assuming Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection still count in this hypothetical reboot, Weyland-Yutani (and, eventually, the USM) putting all their stock in Ripley's embryo would be pretty silly if they know that there's just a whole stash of eggs on LV-426.

KiramidHead

Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to reintroduce the alien without the derelict. Just have whoever the characters are in the new movie find a hidden cache of eggs elsewhere.

Evanus

Having a bunch of Aliens still out there weakens Ripley's sacrifice in Alien 3.

Plenty they can do with the black goo though... but that won't happen.

Nightmare Asylum

At the moment, the LV-223 facility, David's specimen collection on Planet 4, and the Covenant are all viable sources floating out there to obtain Alien (or, in LV-223's case, pre-Alien) specimens. And with David having escaped on the Covenant, they can literally be anywhere in the galaxy now.

Evanus

True, as for the Planet 4 eggs I don't think they would be viable for much longer, assuming the original eggs needed the mist to be preserved.

I feel like Ripley's sacrifice works much better with no Xenos being out there anymore. They can do anything between Alien and Aliens though

Kradan

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 27, 2020, 05:58:05 PM
Having a bunch of Aliens still out there weakens Ripley's sacrifice in Alien 3.

Plenty they can do with the black goo though... but that won't happen.

Does it though ? Before Resurrection there was no indication that Aliens as species are strictly bounded to LV-426 and Derelict. Ripley did what she could do to stop Company from getting Xenos

Nightmare Asylum

More Aliens post-Alien 3 are fine by me, so long as, by the end of the story, WY has no way left to obtain them. I would personally like to see WY's continued efforts to get their hands on a specimen after the third film ultimately factor in to them shutting down operations entirely, thus opening the door for the USM to swoop in and have no choice but to resort to using Ripley's DNA now that that technology is there.

Stitch

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2020, 12:46:29 AM

No wonder I'm still awake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed