Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 41,323 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-comics-june-2023-solicitations-covers/

Spoiler
Declan Shalvey (W)

ANDREA BROCCARDO (A)

Cover by DIKE Ruan

Variant Cover by MICHAEL WALSH

Variant Cover by SUNGHAN YUNE

SOMETHING WICKED IS COMING THEIR WAY...

The USCSS Boreas has been infiltrated! A chest-burster is wreaking havoc on base, leaving a trail of gore and eviscerated bodies in its wake. With their numbers dwindling, will the Weyland-Yutani security team be able to track the alien down before it becomes something even more deadly? And even if they do, how will they manage the horrors lurking just outside their walls beyond the ice?
[close]

June 28th.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/declan-shalvey/

We've just published a cool short "get to know you" guest editorial interview.

Chieftain Suom

So cool!

Chieftain Suom

TilotnyWorshiper28

looks good

Corporal Hicks

Aye, looks good. A little bit of a cartoony style to it, but I don't mind it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2023, 09:43:36 PMAye, looks good. A little bit of a cartoony style to it, but I don't mind it. Looking forward to seeing more.
*stylized
Nothing wrong with it being stylized if it fits the tone imo

Corporal Hicks

Semantics, of course, but stylized was something I'd always use to describe an approach that was a bit more out there. This looks more of a cartoony style to me. Not saying it looks bad - just perhaps not a style I'd immediately associate with Aliens. To be fair though, that's more in the colouring.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2023, 05:32:52 AMSemantics, of course, but stylized was something I'd always use to describe an approach that was a bit more out there. This looks more of a cartoony style to me. Not saying it looks bad - just perhaps not a style I'd immediately associate with Aliens. To be fair though, that's more in the colouring.
Fair enough...
Tbh dead orbit was more manga than I'm used to but by the time I was 3 or 4 pages in, I didn't mind it and actually grew to love it...

Corporal Hicks

Dead Orbit always looked more Ron Cobb to me. It immediately felt Alien in that way as soon as I saw the art.

Engineer

The tech and settings felt like Cobb
But the characters threw me off a bit at first... I had to get used to that

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Alien: Thaw #4 solicitation July 2023

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620599800411

Spoiler
Declan Shalvey (W)
ANDREA BROCCARDO (A)
Cover by DIKE Ruan
VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MANNA

HOW FAR WOULD YOU SINK, TO SURVIVE? All hell has broken loose on base. As Xenomorphs swarm the rig – massacring any Weyland-Yutani personnel in sight – Batya makes a plan for an escape. With her research and family at risk, Batya must take a gamble and pursue her last option for salvation.
[close]

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

JDrums

Did you notice that the regular cover of the first issue now has the "20th century studios" banner and Marvel is listed as "in association with"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed