Prey Hunt on Earth TV Spot

Started by Doomofman, Jul 21, 2022, 05:01:08 PM

Author
Prey Hunt on Earth TV Spot (Read 13,924 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

First and only warning, BrokenTusk. Don't be an arse to others that don't share your opinion, and don't be childish about anyone who doesn't either. Recheck your first post in this thread today for an example.

I could be wrong but some of these (very) short scenes of the Predator i haven't seen before.
Don't look if you want to go in blind for the movie!
https://twitter.com/bzthevoice/status/1550567560369754113

Clubroot

Clubroot

Doomofman

Doomofman

To echo what 343 said, don't watch this spot if you don't want some spoilers

Definitely some new shots in there. Clearer shot of the face and a shot of some very clearly CG mandibles in the masked shot (not that they look bad though)

Edit: Looking again I think the entire predator is CG in that decloaking shot

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

In the 2 minute trailer, in the scene where Naru is screaming just before the Predator launches at her from the tree, i tought she was screaming out of of fear, but in this new 30 second promo, her scream is of defiance, not fear, just like Dutch did in the original movie to call the Predator to "bring it on".

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

That's what it seemed to me, a war cry.

Manti

Manti

Im still unsure about what weve seen so far of that final battle (which i assume it is) in the forest at night. Especially with this new trailer now.
It actually seems like shes fighting him in hand-to-hand, close quarter combat. Which would be utter bullshit. Not a single human weve seen in the entire series was able to do that.
But ill keep my hopes up, since Dan himself said thats a bad idea iirc.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Where did you see that ?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Manti on Jul 23, 2022, 04:54:55 PMIm still unsure about what weve seen so far of that final battle (which i assume it is) in the forest at night. Especially with this new trailer now.
It actually seems like shes fighting him in hand-to-hand, close quarter combat. Which would be utter bullshit. Not a single human weve seen in the entire series was able to do that.
But ill keep my hopes up, since Dan himself said thats a bad idea iirc.

I can tell you your worries are not the case for the final fight.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I believe Trachtenberg is smart enough to understand that mano a mano against a predator is not something that should happen, at least not for very long. Whether that be with a male or female protagonist.

Predator 2 did it and it wasn't the most believable part of the movie nor the greatest to say the least.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 21, 2022, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 21, 2022, 09:23:24 PMThis is where I draw the line. I refuse to spoil this for myself. I'm honestly bewildered WHY on earth would Dan and his crew blow their load before the movie is released? One of the things this movie has going for it is Feral Predator's mystic. Why ruin a potential awesome reveal? Nope. NOPE. I'm drawing the line. No more spoilers for me.

Dan and crew have no power of how the marketing goes. That's a completely different department.

I see. Is there any communication at all between marketing and the director and studio? Boy, if I was Dan I'd want to keep spoilers to a minimum. I'd hate to direct a film just to have everything spoiled by a preview or TV spot. As a side note I'm pumped you and Adam loved the film. It gives me hope!

Manti

Manti

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 23, 2022, 05:13:12 PMI believe Trachtenberg is smart enough to understand that mano a mano against a predator is not something that should happen, at least not for very long. Whether that be with a male or female protagonist.

Predator 2 did it and it wasn't the most believable part of the movie nor the greatest to say the least.
I dont think Predator 2 can be counted as a real mano a mano fight tbh
One has to consider, the City Hunter:
-was covered in liquid nitrogen
-took multiple shotgun slugs straight to the torso
-and had his arm cut off
The dude was in the worst state imaginable. And EVEN THEN, he still absolutely kicked Harrigans ass on the ship, until the latter feigned defeat and landed a surprise attack afterwards.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 23, 2022, 05:08:31 PMI can tell you your worries are not the case for the final fight.

Ahh nice, thats good to hear.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 23, 2022, 05:59:20 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 21, 2022, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 21, 2022, 09:23:24 PMThis is where I draw the line. I refuse to spoil this for myself. I'm honestly bewildered WHY on earth would Dan and his crew blow their load before the movie is released? One of the things this movie has going for it is Feral Predator's mystic. Why ruin a potential awesome reveal? Nope. NOPE. I'm drawing the line. No more spoilers for me.

Dan and crew have no power of how the marketing goes. That's a completely different department.

I see. Is there any communication at all between marketing and the director and studio? Boy, if I was Dan I'd want to keep spoilers to a minimum. I'd hate to direct a film just to have everything spoiled by a preview or TV spot. As a side note I'm pumped you and Adam loved the film. It gives me hope!

Only a few directors have the clout to be able to tell the marketing department what to share. It's tough for them, because they don't want the surprises ruined; but sometimes surprises revealed early sell tickets.

C.C.Predator

C.C.Predator

I really don't know how to feel about this Predator movie, a little upset about the movie being tossed in into political nation feelings. Nothing against women, but a top notch military soldier barely defeated the extraterrestrial Predator, then a top detective also barely defeated the extraterrestrial Predator, now I'm supposed to to believe a young female Indian with just bow and arrows is going to defeat this extraterrestrial Predator. Even the director stated he didn't want to include all the extraterrestrial Predator weapons to make it seem fair,,,,, really. Then why make this movie, just to go in the nations direction. For once I like to see ( I'm sure I'm not the only one) who would like to see the extraterrestrial Predator win for once.

SiL

SiL

Jesus f**king Christ the original Predator was defeated by having a log dropped on its head.

That wasn't even meant to be used for that purpose.

Whether it's Arnold Schwarzenegger or a young woman the entire f**king point is that human ingenuity and wit and perseverance is what allows us to prevail.

If you think things just got thrown into "political nation feelings" you haven't been paying attention for 35 years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed