NEW AVP GAME IDEA

Started by Veteran Warrior, Sep 29, 2021, 07:55:48 PM

Author
NEW AVP GAME IDEA (Read 3,541 times)

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

So I do t know about everyone else but I'm having an absolute blast with both Predator: Hunting Grounds and Aliens: Fireteam Elite. Sure there are flaws and they aren't ground breaking but damnit to hell do I have a blast playing them. And they itch that Alien and Predator itch from time to time. BUT!

After playing both games, I'd LOVE if they made an AVP game in the same vein but with up to 6 online players:
5 Fire Team members
1 Predator
And Alien NPC's.

Maybe have it take place over the course of history with each map exploring a different place an time. A map set in a temple hundreds of years ago (a la AVP flashback scenes). Or set in present day with an Alien out break and it's current day military with a Pred coming to control the situation (a la AVP-R plot) OR it's set in the future and the fireteam answer a distress call from a derelict human/alien ship or an alien planet. I don't know. Both these games just show so much potential for an AVP game.

And I love that both A:FTE and P:HG are both keeping to their respective franchises but we now need a crossover game, in my opinion. It's just be so much fun. And then(obviously wishful thinking here) but if they have enough money backing them up, a solo human campaign or even a wave after wave where maybe a Pred and a human have teamed up to survive until a Pred ship or human back up arrives? I don't know. It seems like a great idea in my head haha

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If I can't play as the Alien, no sale, sorry.

Kradan

Kradan

Balancing three species would be a bitch but yeah if one can't play as Alien in AVP game there's not much reason to play at all. Even that godawful ACM knew that

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Speaking of solo campaigns, there could even be one for the aliens where (kind of like in the video game from a few years ago) you play as a xenomorph and get to build your hive. It's be really cool to actually play as a queen and like trying to survive waves, you abs your hive are storming a facility or trying to over run a ship and you just play until you've overrun the map. Being the queen, you could take serious damage and keep going

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'd personally prefer individually evolving player Aliens than playing as the entire hive. Earn/unlock biomorphs from various "skill trees" that see your critter molt from a basic Drone into an absolute walking blender, with options for things like spitting, poison attacks etc so it isn't just speed, strength and armour upgrades.

Then again, I prefer AvP mechanics where the Aliens can 1v1 the other factions and have a fair shot, rather than being an endless horde.

For those who prefer the swarm vibe, you could easily have pheromonal upgrades that allow you to summon weak-ish NPC allies that get scarier as you progress that tree (eventually becoming a Praetorian equivalent presumably).

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 29, 2021, 11:37:23 PM
Then again, I prefer AvP mechanics where the Aliens can 1v1 the other factions and have a fair shot, rather than being an endless horde.

For those who prefer the swarm vibe, you could easily have pheromonal upgrades that allow you to summon weak-ish NPC allies that get scarier as you progress that tree (eventually becoming a Praetorian equivalent presumably).

Yeah, both those ideas for the alien mechanics are great! I just think an AVP game to come out now would KILL, pun intended. Or maybe that's just me

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I think this idea pretty much has a very big potential if done in the right hands and could very well put the franchise into the main stream again, I mean it's still in the main stream but it's not as popular that it used to be so I'm hoping if this game gets made I'm hoping that this game can put the franchise back on track again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed