Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2012, 11:04:59 PM

Author
Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked (Read 70,172 times)

Naska

Can somebody post the picture from the AVPR troophy room (the good one)? I read somewhere in the forum that there is a skull of a jockey as well and Strausses indeed confirmed that the skull belongs to jockey.
PS I do solely realise that AVPR couldn't be considered as a reference etc. but ...just for fun let's compare it as well :)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Jenga on Jan 11, 2012, 10:27:25 PM1) It appears the bald guy is wearing some kind of biomechanical suit in the below picture. 2) He's huge! He is big enough to fit in the chair
I don't think so. He may be big, but he is half the size of the original Jockey. The chair is far too big for him, ergo the Space Jockey is something else entirely.

-Chris

Taxemic

Quote from: Taxemic on Jan 11, 2012, 04:01:35 PM
Something that always fascinated me was wondering how the SJ became impregnated in the first place. Be like a facehugger trying to impregnate an elephant.

As has been mentioned, it had no problem with a canine.

I really hope that this is just going to be a representation of the Space Jockey walking around.

Because, if not, it means that Ridley Scott genuinely thinks seeing that as the threat would be somehow scarier than a fully-realised version of something like this.
Yeah but I never said that a facehugger wouldn't have an issue impregnating an animal in similar size and appearance to a human, although it did leave scars all over the dogs face suggesting less complications when impregnating human beings. Maybe even something as big as an Ox. But come on man, I said elephant, And the ones I've seen are bigger than rottweilers...and ox's. And my main reason for using an elephant as an example was that they have a trunk, ala space jockey style. Ok, so maybe it's a suit and the hugger impregnated whatever was inside first but I never assumed this from watching ALIEN. I'm personally not too keen on the idea. But I was just saying that since the first time watching ALIEN many moons ago I have wondered how a facehugger can bypass a trunk and successfully impregnate a creature of that size and shape, unless the hugger was considerably bigger than the ones we've seen.

AncientPred

FOX had the pictures taken down? hmm, interesting.

Highland

I don't think people are asking the right questions here.

1) It's not the same Space Jockey.

2) We don't actually know what a Space Jockey is.

3) We don't know what that chair is for - It could be a chair that turns you into something else.

Although very interesting , I don't think there's much point comparing Alien to Prometheus at this minute.

UNLESS we are being told little fibs and this IS the same Space Jockey.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

I'm kinda worried about people talking about this thing as though it actually has an elephant trunk, and as though that isn't the most ridiculous thing that's ever been concieved by anyone, let alone an artist like Scott. 

If any species in this film has an elephant trunk, how on Earth is anybody going to take this film seriously? A trunk? You literally have to be joking.  Did anybody see the representation of the "elephant trunk" in the aliens comic, "The alien", by John Arcudi? (see Aliens Omnibus, vol 1, p 383).  Have a look at that thing. That's awful.  One of the worst creature designs I've ever seen.  This simply can't work.  I've seen so many 'Pilot species' artists renditions, and every one of them looks like a total joke, and doesn't make any sense - EXCEPT the ones you see in the original Giger design paintings, in which you see humanoids, wearing masks, with a very clear breathing apparatus, NOT a trunk.  (Have a look: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5o9w6pWoh1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg )
Noses don't have bones in them, they're soft flesh.  If the creature had an elephant trunk, it wouldn't fossilize like that, unless it was made of solid bone, in which case, it wouldn't be able to move at all.  How could a non-movable, bony elephant trunk possibly be an evolutionary advantage?  It simply can't be, think about it. 

I'm not at all convinced that the actual creature has a physical trunk attached to it, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, from an artists prespective (ie, that this film should be taken seriously, and should be frightening at least to some degree) or even from a pseudo-scientific perspective. 

You can actually see, if you look close enough at the images, that it has two layers - the bit with the trunk looks to me like a covering of some description.  Look at the edge with the jaw, and then how the actual top bit is layered over.  He's probably wearing breathing apparatus.  That's how it looks to me. 

psychonaut25

Quote from: AncientPred on Jan 12, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
FOX had the pictures taken down? hmm, interesting.

:) So we have a proof that they were not fakes...

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 12, 2012, 06:06:11 AM
Quote from: Jenga on Jan 11, 2012, 10:27:25 PM1) It appears the bald guy is wearing some kind of biomechanical suit in the below picture. 2) He's huge! He is big enough to fit in the chair
I don't think so. He may be big, but he is half the size of the original Jockey. The chair is far too big for him, ergo the Space Jockey is something else entirely.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/SJ_Arms.jpg

-Chris

The spacejockey from ALIEN was a suit,with the suit on he would fit in the chair,why do you think this thread was started,the leaked pictures of the spacejockey head is a helmet.

It has been stated many times that it's a suit.

Taxemic

Quote from: Neon_Knight on Jan 12, 2012, 12:29:07 PM
I'm kinda worried about people talking about this thing as though it actually has an elephant trunk, and as though that isn't the most ridiculous thing that's ever been concieved by anyone, let alone an artist like Scott. 

If any species in this film has an elephant trunk, how on Earth is anybody going to take this film seriously? A trunk? You literally have to be joking.  Did anybody see the representation of the "elephant trunk" in the aliens comic, "The alien", by John Arcudi? (see Aliens Omnibus, vol 1, p 383).  Have a look at that thing. That's awful.  One of the worst creature designs I've ever seen.  This simply can't work.  I've seen so many 'Pilot species' artists renditions, and every one of them looks like a total joke, and doesn't make any sense - EXCEPT the ones you see in the original Giger design paintings, in which you see humanoids, wearing masks, with a very clear breathing apparatus, NOT a trunk.  (Have a look: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5o9w6pWoh1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg )
Noses don't have bones in them, they're soft flesh.  If the creature had an elephant trunk, it wouldn't fossilize like that, unless it was made of solid bone, in which case, it wouldn't be able to move at all.  How could a non-movable, bony elephant trunk possibly be an evolutionary advantage?  It simply can't be, think about it. 

I'm not at all convinced that the actual creature has a physical trunk attached to it, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, from an artists prespective (ie, that this film should be taken seriously, and should be frightening at least to some degree) or even from a pseudo-scientific perspective. 

You can actually see, if you look close enough at the images, that it has two layers - the bit with the trunk looks to me like a covering of some description.  Look at the edge with the jaw, and then how the actual top bit is layered over.  He's probably wearing breathing apparatus.  That's how it looks to me.
And you can also see, if you look closely enough at this image, that it kinda does resemble a baby elephant. Does when I look at it anyway. Just saying...

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Neon_Knight on Jan 12, 2012, 12:29:07 PM
  (Have a look: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5o9w6pWoh1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg )

well, that painting by Giger shows the alien victim during the time they hadn't decided to make the victim resemble that of the space jockey's race, but indeed the space jockey remains show a pipe going into the nasal cavity rather than an elephant trunk like thing extending from it.

EXTERMINATUS

EXTERMINATUS

Im tellen ya that hose or trunk is part of a face hugger or proto face hugger u can even see the fingers right below the eyes

Vulhala

I'll be honest mate, I'm not seeing that. It's definitely not a facehugger IMO.

psychonaut25

Quote from: EXTERMINATUS on Jan 12, 2012, 01:30:01 PM
Im tellen ya that hose or trunk is part of a face hugger or proto face hugger u can even see the fingers right below the eyes

so it is possible that the fossilized jockey in alien is a creature in suit with fossilized facehugger on it's face...no trunk, just facehuggers tail.

ThisBethesdaSea

A facehugger? Really??! People really want to see what they want to see (including me).

ikarop

Quote from: Xenomoron on Jan 12, 2012, 12:20:36 AM
There is no way that is a mask.  It would be just so, well....stupid!  Why would a being that has some futuristic looking biomechanical body suit put on something that looks like an organic/fleshy second skin as a face mask?  That would be like me all decked out in hockey gear putting on a couple of slices of mortadella on my head and calling it a face mask.   At least have something more technologicically advanced.  Seriously, why would you, as a being with a nose, a mouth, ears and eyes out on something that is just another version of a nose, a mouth....?  To what end?  How does he put it on, like those old wrestling masks the Killer Bees used to wear--tying it with strings at the back? ;) Just because Ridley says that the Space Jockey wears a suit, it doesn't mean that this head we see here has to be a mask, or that there will be no real alien presence in the film apart from a humanoid in disguise.  At the risk of being proven wrong, this, to me, is a legitimate being in its own right.

I hope.

Just to be clear, I'm not calling any speculations stupid.  I'm just saying if Ridley did this, to me, it would be pretty far fetched.  But I would wait to see the film first, of course!

I think you misread it. They only said it's a prosthetic mask designed specifically for an actor to wear. Pretty much like any other Predator, River Ghost, etc... creature prosthetic masks. The SJ could be a suit as suggested in previous interviews. But it's neither confirmed, denied or suggested by these pictures. It could be anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed