First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 102,775 times)

Doomofman

Quote from: SyntaX on May 16, 2017, 09:45:49 AM
Typical.

And you call yourselves fans?
Judging a movie by a single photo? Concluding the movie will follow the exact same "leaked" script.

No effects.
No touch-up's.
No nothing.

Hell, the Predator even "mocks" the guy shooting the photo. What if this Predator is ment to be seen (in this particular shot) from the waist up? O, hello! That means the pants are gone too!

It's ok to give an opinion regarding the photo's ... but please refrain from stating this movie is going to be shit because of a single image.

While I agree that people shouldn't be making their mind up about a movie from a couple of set pictures, I don't agree that the predator is meant to be seen from the waist up.

The initial instagram image shows pretty clearly that the predator is fully suited up from top to bottom and yes it appears like it could be wearing cargo pants. I get that you want to be positive about it but the evidence doesn't support that.

We have a picture of what appears to be a full predator suit, on top of an APC out in the open, they're likely only going to do that because they want to get wide shots of the APC with the preds and humans on it, otherwise, why would they risk set pics getting out?

Nobody is saying there's not going to be touch ups and effects, but saying that they're either going to touch up the entire lower half of a practical costume or that they just want show the lower half, just doesn't seem right. Again, the instagram image appears to show a fully suited predator, not just the top half

SyntaX

You fail to see what I ment.

If the Predator is supposed to be in the APC, there's no need for the actor to wear the bottom part of the costume. Seeing as you won't get to see his legs. The camo-pants could very well mean that the Predator is ment to stay "inside" the vehicle. There's no reason for an actor to be all suited up if that particular shot isn't needed. Again, we have zero confirmation on what's going on in this scene ...

This costume could also be a stunt costume which, I think, tends to vary alot from the so called "HERO" costume.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2017, 12:55:29 PM
Calm down guys, here is a little nugget:

More Predators on tanks, the world is ending  ;D

https://twitter.com/wanton_soup

So the pred will actually sit in that Tank? And that other one has camo-pants? Come on Shane I'm really trying to be optimistic about this movie but you are really trying hard to make me roll my eyes.

Doomofman

Quote from: SyntaX on May 16, 2017, 10:35:19 AM
You fail to see what I ment.

If the Predator is supposed to be in the APC, there's no need for the actor to wear the bottom part of the costume. Seeing as you won't get to see his legs. The camo-pants could very well mean that the Predator is ment to stay "inside" the vehicle. There's no reason for an actor to be all suited up if that particular shot isn't needed. Again, we have zero confirmation on what's going on in this scene ...

This costume could also be a stunt costume which, I think, tends to vary alot from the so called "HERO" costume.

I get that, I would suspect the other suit actor (the one with the helmet) is probably in jeans and sneakers or something. But the one without the mask, in the instagram picture appears to be in a head to toe suit which to most people looks like camo pants. Hero suit or not, it still looks like a predator in human pants, if you look at the feet though, those look like predator feet not some guys sneakers or something. The bottom half matches the top half, it absolutely looks like a full suit, in which case we have a predator wearing camo pants.

SyntaX

Pretty sure we'll have a good reason why he is wearing 'em though. Might be because his Active Camo is broken and he needs the "pants"?  ;D :laugh:

Ushella

I want to see the Predator put on aviator glasses, slowly like a boss after blowing up something behind him. The Pred begins walking away slowly with his/her dreadlocks blowing in the wind and it lights a cigar and begins smoking. Then places his/her assault rifle over their shoulder. Then the whole crew walk side by side with him and then the Pred says some cheesy line. Make this happen Mr. Black!

Quote from: SyntaX on May 16, 2017, 11:01:15 AM
Pretty sure we'll have a good reason why he is wearing 'em though. Might be because his Active Camo is broken and he needs the "pants"?  ;D :laugh:

Seems like the most legit reasoning so far, lmao.

Xan21

They're not pants it's pretty obvious from the picture I don't care what the guy said

Master

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 15, 2017, 11:43:44 PM
Quote from: Master on May 15, 2017, 02:52:05 PM
That being said, does turn whole lore on its head. Whole point of Predator being here is changed.

[Sighs] God damn it...

Well... at least we're getting traditional Predators at least... But... is the rest of that leaked script true? Will we be seeing all sorts of hybrid Predators? I mean okay... I've seen the limb with green blood, but that could be anything and not a hybrid. Then again... Who knows.

Still keeping my distance... Still keeping my mouth shut.

Yes and yes, all sorts of similar crap.

Typical.

Judging a movie by a single photo? Concluding the movie will follow the exact same "leaked" script.

No effects.
No touch-up's.
No nothing.

Hell, the Predator even "mocks" the guy shooting the photo. What if this Predator is ment to be seen (in this particular shot) from the waist up? O, hello! That means the pants are gone too!

It's ok to give an opinion regarding the photo's ... but please refrain from stating this movie is going to be shit because of a single image.

Notice that Predtor with pants has predator feets. It`s not behind the scenes, not fully equiped predator. He just wears them.

See the problem is not the costumes and effects, but the story that sounds like bad fan-fic, with even more SUPER Super Predators and power ranger style monsters.

dallevalle

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 16, 2017, 10:14:56 AM
1 They are not cargo pants! He is wearing some kind of armor with large straps covering the legs.

2 How boring, stale and formulaic do you want a movie to be? Only satisfied with another weak knock off i guess. Need i remind you of the absolutely awful Predator 2 (the acting and directing is atrocious!)? Start on that movie befor you bash a movie you haven't even seen yet. To me this movie feels fresh and exciting but to each his own.

predator 2 is amazing !

Preddysteadygo

I have a theory...
Go back to the first few set photos..note the positions of the other team members(can't remember the 2 actors names)
They're in the same positions as the costumed preds...

I theorize that these 2 human characters have altered the predator technology to cloak themselves to look like the predators..this gains them the tactic of getting closer to their enemy....

Yup i believe that i have just.

A.explained the possible camo trousers.
B.ruined a major plot point.

Highland

Typical.

No effects.
No touch-up's.
No nothing.

I'm not sure how having Stan Winston head sculpts and the sickest sound effects since Predator 1 changes the fact that there's two Predators dressed in commando gear driving a tank.....

The only way this picture gets better is if it's fake ( which honestly I thought it was).

Hollywood

I don't think they look like pants either

Preddysteadygo

Yup..check the photo of boyd Holbrooks character in the early picture releases...he's wearing the same camo pants as the predator(they are using altered predator tech to look like the predators)

Simples

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Hollywood on May 16, 2017, 01:53:19 PM
I don't think they look like pants either

Military cargo pants as stated by the guy who took the pics, and by reality.

Hollywood

Even if they were pants I'd like it. But I don't think they are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed