Just saw it.

Hope they make a second and a third.

AliceApocalypse

ace3g

ace3g

:laugh: This clip

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: VarietyAs Warner Bros. awaits the April 23 release of the much anticipated "Mortal Kombat," it sounds like the studio is hopeful the film will mark the rebirth of the franchise. Joe Taslim, who plays the villainous Sub-Zero, tells me that he's signed on for four more installments if the series moves forward. "If this one's successful, maybe we do more," Taslim says on this week's episode of the "Just for Variety" podcast. He remembers playing "Mortal Kombat" for the first time when he was about 12 years old. "I was born in South Sumatra. We were poor so I didn't have the console because it's expensive," says Taslim, now 39. "I went to my friend's house every day to play the game. But you get there and there are like 10 kids lining up. Who wins keeps playing...so it takes me to get to my part like 40 minutes."

https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1384905416086376448

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If only the whole movie could have had the same tone as the first ten minutes...

ace3g

ace3g

I liked Kano's delivery of lines in the movie.

My main complaint (this issue arises in a lot of fight scenes in all movies) is that certain fight scenes ended too quickly and no build up to use of "fatality."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wish they'd stop with the game dialogue.  We get it: it's based on a video game.  That doesn't mean they have to check boxes with lines like "flawless victory" or "get over here."  Sometimes the visuals are enough to make the point.

ace3g

ace3g

Spoiler
Spoiler
Kung Lao...
[close]
[close]

Ingwar

Ingwar

Christ, that was horrible experience. I lost nearly two hours of my life. Irredeemable.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 23, 2021, 10:44:31 PM
Christ, that was horrible experience. I lost nearly two hours of my life. Irredeemable.

As if Shang Tsung sucked out your soul?

SiL

SiL

I'm seeing reviews ranging from "I love it" to "why God why". Hmm.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This would have been a perfect movie for Zack Snyder to direct.  He could have even made it DCEU-compatible.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2021, 08:20:12 PM
I wish they'd stop with the game dialogue.  We get it: it's based on a video game.  That doesn't mean they have to check boxes with lines like "flawless victory" or "get over here."  Sometimes the visuals are enough to make the point.
I'm the opposite, I was laughing every time they did something from the games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed