Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus'

Started by Bad Replicant, May 17, 2012, 12:55:39 PM

Author
Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus' (Read 36,104 times)

Winkie Bear

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 18, 2012, 06:27:15 PM
What's odd about the 'invitation' line is that Noomi looks so different...like it was a last minute reshoot...her cheeks look botoxed to hell and her hair is weird. In terms of continuity, she looks weird.

Maybe they're not long out of hypersleep - doesn't her character reportedly spend time throwing up after she's woken up.  I have to say, I look less than fabe when I've been chucking up first thing of a morning.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: ucdom on May 18, 2012, 06:37:06 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 18, 2012, 06:27:15 PM
What's odd about the 'invitation' line is that Noomi looks so different...like it was a last minute reshoot...her cheeks look botoxed to hell and her hair is weird. In terms of continuity, she looks weird.

Maybe they're not long out of hypersleep - doesn't her character reportedly spend time throwing up after she's woken up.  I have to say, I look less than fabe when I've been chucking up first thing of a morning.

I thought the invitation line is given on earth before they ever leave, when they are seated in the hanger looking room and LMG is playing with the holograms from the different civilizations.

VickersAsh

^ they are sitting inside Prometheus. so it's after they're awoken

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: VickersAsh on May 18, 2012, 07:13:53 PM

Well I guess we will see... seems strange that nothing would be discussed before they left.

NGR01

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 18, 2012, 07:19:01 PM

Well I guess we will see... seems strange that nothing would be discussed before they left.

Only Peter Weyland, Vickers, holloway and Shaw know the mission objective.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: NGR01 on May 18, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

I would argue that only Weyland and Vickers know the true mission objective, however, even if Holloway and Shaw are the true scientists... all the others would need to be briefed as to what they planned upon arrival.  If you have ever tried to convey information to people to prepare them for something, you normally do it before you get to wherever you are going.  You don't want to have to constantly correct people about what they need to be doing.

brodels_nazz

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 18, 2012, 08:02:18 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 18, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

I would argue that only Weyland and Vickers know the true mission objective, however, even if Holloway and Shaw are the true scientists... all the others would need to be briefed as to what they planned upon arrival.  If you have ever tried to convey information to people to prepare them for something, you normally do it before you get to wherever you are going.  You don't want to have to constantly correct people about what they need to be doing.

Both Charlize and Shark Teeth have said that the movie starts with them already in space. The rest of the crew probably vaguely knew the details of where they were going and why.

Qwertify

Quote from: Vickers on May 18, 2012, 06:16:37 AM

Honestly, I don't find Fassbender that attractive.  He's got a certain charm to him and he has a decent body but his face isn't all that (in my opinion).  Logan Marshall Green is a little more attractive, I'll admit.  He reminds me of Tom Hardy who I like but he's still not one of my favourites.

But when it comes down to acting, looks don't count for anything.  It doesn't matter if you're supermodel material or need to put a paperbag on your head - if you can't act, looks won't mask anything or sway my judgement.  Charlize Theron is beautiful and she's one of the strongest actresses of her generation.  She is a chameleon and even if she's acted in some mediocre films, she invests in her characters 110%.

So attractiveness and acting don't go hand in hand - not for me, anyway.

I don't question Ridley Scott's talent but nobody is perfect and people can make bad judgement.  Ridley might have seen something in Logan Marshall Green he liked but ultimately it might have been a choice that was the weakest link in the casting.  I have nothing personal against him.  I liked him in Devil but I don't think he's on the level of Fassbender, Rapace and Theron.

Maybe at one point in the film I'll change my mind on his acting and character.  Stranger things have happened.

At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for posting that. I think it is very honest.

Vickers

Quote from: Qwertify on May 19, 2012, 05:09:10 AM
Quote from: Vickers on May 18, 2012, 06:16:37 AM

Honestly, I don't find Fassbender that attractive.  He's got a certain charm to him and he has a decent body but his face isn't all that (in my opinion).  Logan Marshall Green is a little more attractive, I'll admit.  He reminds me of Tom Hardy who I like but he's still not one of my favourites.

But when it comes down to acting, looks don't count for anything.  It doesn't matter if you're supermodel material or need to put a paperbag on your head - if you can't act, looks won't mask anything or sway my judgement.  Charlize Theron is beautiful and she's one of the strongest actresses of her generation.  She is a chameleon and even if she's acted in some mediocre films, she invests in her characters 110%.

So attractiveness and acting don't go hand in hand - not for me, anyway.

I don't question Ridley Scott's talent but nobody is perfect and people can make bad judgement.  Ridley might have seen something in Logan Marshall Green he liked but ultimately it might have been a choice that was the weakest link in the casting.  I have nothing personal against him.  I liked him in Devil but I don't think he's on the level of Fassbender, Rapace and Theron.

Maybe at one point in the film I'll change my mind on his acting and character.  Stranger things have happened.

At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for posting that. I think it is very honest.

And, to be quite honest, his character appears to be very willing to sacrifice himself for the safety of others based on that storm clip in the 3-in-1 clip.  I know it's Shaw he's trying to help out but I think his character's douchiness might decrease as the film plays out.  And I've met people like him in real life.  The sad reality is that there are people like Holloway who need something to happen in order to get put in their place.

ThisBethesdaSea

Or sacrifice the safety of others because of his unwillingness?

Bad Replicant

Just came across a higher quality version of the Holloway video. Not sure it's been posted yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmOny0Dmfo#ws

First Blood

Great video. Nice to see him put his life on the line in a desperate situation.

RagingDragon

Thanks, Bad Replicant.  I agree^

and wut is the giant butthole @ :31? :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed