Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus'

Started by Bad Replicant, May 17, 2012, 12:55:39 PM

Author
Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus' (Read 36,097 times)

ShadowPred

I love everyone!

brodels_nazz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:03:39 AM
Fun fact: I've seen Fassbender in person. Twice. And he knows how hot he is--he's one of those guys. But that doesn't bleed over into my opinion of him as an actor.

LMG, on the other hand, just sucks. ;)

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:08:30 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 04:06:13 AM
Maybe it's the reverse; Scott cast LMG because he looks like a douche-bag... for realism, you know?
Unfortunately that means we have a primary character who is like nails on a chalkboard insufferable for half the runtime, intentional or not.

I can't.... anyway moving on. Jesus Christ...

Cvalda

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 18, 2012, 04:12:28 AM
I can't.... anyway moving on. Jesus Christ...
Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:11:46 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2012, 04:10:21 AM
Luckily most people aren't as heavily burdened as the vocal minority.
Damn us for not blindly loving everything associated with this film! :P
It's more like actively seeking out tiny details, blowing them way out of proportion, and committing to hating it without a second thought.  ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2012, 04:16:52 AM
It's more like actively seeking out tiny details, blowing them way out of proportion, and committing to hating it without a second thought.  ;)
A major character being really annoying in every thing seen of him so far is hardly seeking out a tiny detail--and there are many other members here who feel the same.

And I haven't hated anything involving this film, other than that. Don't misrepresent. ;)

Deuterium

I think what Cvalda is trying to explain, is that LMG is equivalent to this Michael Palin character... ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3DmvDJm3ww#

Cvalda

;D
Only difference: I don't think LMG is going to win any converts.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:19:03 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2012, 04:16:52 AM
A major character being really annoying in every thing seen of him so far is hardly seeking out a tiny detail--
It's the details of the character. It seems like it can never be decided on whether the problem is Logan Marshall-Green's acting, or the character in general (how he's written to be). I swear, one of the biggest sources of speculation here is whether the character is supposed to be how LMG plays him, when it's really quite obvious it is. People get their undies in a knot over LMG instead of the character, like if another actor was chosen, the character would be different... when really, we know the lines, and he's delivering them just as they should be.

If you don't like the character, so be it, there're characters in movies and TV shows we don't like all the time, but the over reactions around here are so incredibly strong that it's capable of derailing topics in a single post. Notice how that all branched out from the detail of who the character actually is meant to be? The bitching is more annoying than the character ever will be.

Spoiler

But I don't like Logan Marshall-Greeeeeen!

;)
[close]

--and there are many other members here who feel the same.
The vocal minorities aren't exactly minorities in a confined space.  :P

And I haven't hated anything involving this film, other than that. Don't misrepresent. ;)
I wasn't talking about just you.  :D

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:03:39 AM
Fun fact: I've seen Fassbender in person. Twice. And he knows how hot he is--he's one of those guys. But that doesn't bleed over into my opinion of him as an actor.

LMG, on the other hand, just sucks. ;)

I mean - do you think RScott made a bad choice with him?
Probably.

So...he's a jackass? Fassbinder I mean, regardless of the man's personality he is a phenomenal actor.

That said I don't particularly get all the hullabaloo over Holloway/LMG, I can't say I like him but I can't say I hate him either in fact I keep forgetting he's even in the movie to an extent. For the record Cvalda, my Mother(who wants to see the film based upon my ranting and raving about Alien and the fact she is vaguely familiar with the franchise as a whole) agrees that Holloway seems like a bit...asinine, but not quite her words(Hint: She called him something phallic).

I will say the whole "I want to crush man made religion" line is kind of....wow douche of the year worthy, sadly I've known too many people that act or think in that way and I can say that I won't particularly like his character if he continues to carry on with that kind of attitude.

Which begs the question, in terms of character...how in the HELL could someone like Shaw(who sounds extremely religious) even think about dating/marrying/screwing someone that says such incredibly stupid things as "I WANT TO CRUSH  ALL OF MAN MADE RELIGION". I know in a lot of cases opposites attract(not for me, tried that once), but most religious people I've known don't take to kindly to having their religion trashed about in such a manner. I am not particularly religious(I do believe in God) but I do not like when someone tries to assert their view and their opinion on someone.

Qwertify

The whole anti-LMG thing is totally overplayed. I know he won't be winning any Academy Awards in the near future - but to claim that his acting is bad or hammy is just a far cry from the truth.

I know that the judgement of acting is subjective - there are limits to what one can argue. So when someone says the LMG is a bad actor or hammy or fake or what have you - I can't help but think they are holding something on the side against him.

That and I don't think that such an important player in the story would be depicted by someone who Scott judged to be insufficient or incapable of fulfilling the role.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 18, 2012, 04:30:15 AM
It's the details of the character. It seems like it can never be decided on whether the problem is Logan Marshall-Green's acting, or the character in general (how he's writtent to be).
I'll just split the difference and say it's both. ;D

Spoiler

;)
[close]
Alternatively, one could overreact in this completely ridiculous fashion to everything that slithers down the PROMETHEUS pike, however obviously unremarkable it may be:
Spoiler
[close]
;)

Qwertify

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 04:33:39 AM
Which begs the question, in terms of character...how in the HELL could someone like Shaw(who sounds extremely religious) even think about dating/marrying/screwing someone that says such incredibly stupid things as "I WANT TO CRUSH  ALL OF MAN MADE RELIGION".

You don't know women too well. Look to the collection of knowledge men have on women, Volume 13, Section 157, Subsection 3: Uncontrollable Attraction to Men with Opposite Ideologies, Start with line 1,026.

Cvalda

So...he's a jackass? Fassbinder I mean, regardless of the man's personality he is a phenomenal actor.
He's not a jackass--he's just not the kind of guy a sensible woman would date. Or at least that's how he acted at the London Film Festival, grinning and flirting with every woman in attendance, even kissing a female interviewer on the cheek and struttin' like a badass when it was clear she was probably about to collapse. :P

I kid, though. I'm sure he's a perfectly respectable gentleman. :P

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:41:29 AM
He's not a jackass--he's just not the kind of guy a sensible woman would date. Or at least that's how he acted at the London Film Festival, grinning and flirting with every woman in attendance, even kissing a female interviewer on the cheek and struttin' like a badass when it was clear she was probably about to collapse. :P

I kid, though. I'm sure he's a perfectly respectable gentleman. :P

Ahhh, The Ladies Man. I see, he must be confident in his abilities then.

Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 04:39:33 AM
Which begs the question, in terms of character...how in the HELL could someone like Shaw(who sounds extremely religious) even think about dating/marrying/screwing someone that says such incredibly stupid things as "I WANT TO CRUSH  ALL OF MAN MADE RELIGION".

You don't know women too well. Look to the collection of knowledge men have on women, Volume 13, Section 157, Subsection 3: Uncontrollable Attraction to Men with Opposite Ideologies, Start with line 1,026.

Admittedly I've had very few relationships, and the relationships I did have were not all that positive(infidelity, dishonesty, etc) and it's true I've witnessed the paradigm you speak of in many past female friends and girlfriends detestable choice in men. Being the "nice guy" is apparently not what most women want decide saying otherwise, but I suppose that is in of itself a bit of a generalization.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:37:31 AM
It's the details of the character. It seems like it can never be decided on whether the problem is Logan Marshall-Green's acting, or the character in general (how he's writtent to be).
I'll just split the difference and say it's both. ;D
And insert them both into the incessant LGM hate folder.  ;)

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:37:31 AM
Spoiler

;)
[close]
Alternatively, one could overreact in this completely ridiculous fashion to everything that slithers down the PROMETHEUS pike, however obviously unremarkable it may be:
Spoiler
[close]
;)
Nothing wrong with a bit of excitement; I realize the tiny things that diminish yours.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed