Do Xenomorph costume kits still exist?

Started by Wren, Aug 05, 2022, 07:40:49 AM

Author
Do Xenomorph costume kits still exist? (Read 821 times)

Wren

Wren

Hi all! I'm new to this site, and was hoping for some insight on something!
At the moment, I'm chipping away at my own Xenomorph cosplay. But goodness, I keep finding these cosplays all over the web of two cosplay "kits" that seemed to be very prevalent. One by auldeffects, and I believe the other kit was by Monster Room (?).

This must be a strange question, but does anyone know if either of those people continue to produce these kits, and if so, where can I pick one up? They're both absolutely fantastic, and I feel gutted knowing I might have missed out! But no matter how hard I look for either, it's almost like both of them simply vanished off of the web.

Alternatively, if anyone knows someone who makes Xenomorph costumes, please do share! :) As much as I enjoy the process of making my own, god knows I'd also love to purchase a more professional one! But the options these days feel so limited!

SuperiorIronman

They still exist. I plan on joining a local costume club with my Predator who has a xenomorph in it. I could ask them where they got there's. Though I don't know how quick that would be. It's sadly not as prevalent as it once was. Predator was a lot easier to do, but in general searches I find the Alien heads more often than a full bodied kit.

Are you 3d printing any of this? Plenty of Alien heads out there at the least. I was considering getting one to use as a backpack for my Predator kit.

Wren

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 05, 2022, 01:38:21 PMThey still exist. I plan on joining a local costume club with my Predator who has a xenomorph in it. I could ask them where they got there's. Though I don't know how quick that would be. It's sadly not as prevalent as it once was. Predator was a lot easier to do, but in general searches I find the Alien heads more often than a full bodied kit.

Are you 3d printing any of this? Plenty of Alien heads out there at the least. I was considering getting one to use as a backpack for my Predator kit.

Interesting to hear! Just makes me more curious as to whether or not they got said costume recently; there's certainly no obligation, but if you ever get the chance to ask them, I'd love to hear the results!  ;D
I've heard Predator is much easier to do, especially with the various forums dedicated to just making those costumes. Totally crazy stuff, and always very impressive. One day I'd like to pick one up of my own!

No, sadly this is all being pieced together with EVA foam. I'm using a template I found as a base and then building off of there. But man, it'd be so much easier with a 3D printer, haha. The days I wish I had a workshop!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed