Lambert Freakin' Out (A few theories/character analysis)

Started by Pvt_Frost, Oct 09, 2019, 11:54:53 PM

Author
Lambert Freakin' Out (A few theories/character analysis) (Read 6,706 times)

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 11, 2019, 05:53:50 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 10, 2019, 09:32:42 PM
You mean her whining during the trip to the Derelict?
And her generally unenthusiastic attitude towards everything. She never comes across as a terribly strong individual.

By contrast Parker is also unenthusiastic and unimpressed with the situation, but in a more stand-offish and aggressive manner.
When pushed, she can be just as aggressive as Parker. She openly questioned Ripley's sanity when hearing her proposal to continue with Dallas's plan. Her earlier, violent assault on Ripley and shutting down Ash are extreme examples. Definitely a high-strung individual.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 11, 2019, 07:16:34 AM
When pushed, she can be just as aggressive as Parker. She openly questioned Ripley's sanity when hearing her proposal to continue with Dallas's plan. Her earlier, violent assault on Ripley and shutting down Ash are extreme examples. Definitely a high-strung individual.
High strung, yes, strong, no. Her questioning of Ripley is the start of her breaking down and crying, it's not exactly assertive.

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: SM on Oct 11, 2019, 04:51:35 AM
I mentioned 'explorers' because explorers would want to be out in space and an example of a contrast to people who didn't want to be there.

As for hiding contempt?  Again, it's not just Lambert.  Parker pushes Dallas patience.  Ripley doesn't hide her disdain at having to work with Parker and Brett on several occasions.  Parker rather childishly asks Ash to get out of his seat, then theatrically wipes it clean.

Kane wasn't antagonistic towards anyone.  One weary line to tell her to quit griping, doesn't spell antagonism; just mild irritation.

Hey SM. Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, I don't believe Kane to be as innocent as people make him out to be. He was the crew member we saw the least amount of. I agree, he was quiet, reserved, laid back, from what we saw. Like I said, he was the most good-natured of the crew, but certainly had his share of irritation towards the others.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 11, 2019, 07:48:06 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 11, 2019, 07:16:34 AM
High strung, yes, strong, no. Her questioning of Ripley is the start of her breaking down and crying, it's not exactly assertive.

Once again, SiL, I agree. I'm about to kick back and watch Alien again to spot the exact moment when she just gave the fvck up and shut down. I'm thinking it was Brett's death, coupled with the accelerated rate of the creature's growth, and it's saveragy that had a pronounced effect on her.

SM

Nah not really.  When Parker arced up about not being a rescue ship, Kane starts to try and reasonably explain their obligations, while Ash appeals to the captain who yells at Parker.

Yes, we spent the least time with him.  He's dead by the half way mark, and spends half of that time in a coma.  But as far as we see he's the most genial of the crew.

There's even a bit in the novelisation where Parker and Brett agree they like Kane more than Dallas.

Pvt_Frost

Okay.

I got NECA Lambert in the compression suit and the Drone.

@SM, what's the name of the company that sells the Retro Alien figures? I will probably put those on my desk at work.

SM

ReAction I think.

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: SM on Oct 12, 2019, 08:11:56 PM
ReAction I think.

Thank you, Sir! I just don't want any of these dumbasses at work asking me what series this is from. I'm unfortunately part of that "Millennial" group (although I hate it) ,though I believe myself to be a part of Gen X. I may just get all seven of the crew and have them on my desk along with the Drone.

Is it just me, or was the Drone a bad muthaf**ka? Like, he wiped that whole team out in less than 24 hours......I guess that was the point. That's f**kin deep now that I think about it. A drone wiped the Nostromo Crew out. I haven't beaten Alien Isolation (I like to savor my games like fine wine), but wasn't the Xenomorph there as Drone as well?

windebieste

windebieste

FUNKOxSuper7 created the ReAction line up of 3.75 inch figures.  The partnership split a few years back and now Super7 exclusively makes them.

Since 2013, all 7 crew members (including Jones as an accessory to Ripley in a recent 3 pack) of the Nostromo are now available in that format.  There are now 21 variants of the Alien.

ALIENS ReAction figures are coming soon.  Marines Vasquez, Hudson and Hicks will be joined by android Bishop, Newt and Ripley.  3 variant xenomorph figures will complete the set of 9 figures.  No release date available other than "soon".

-Windebieste.

SM

Quote from: Pvt_Frost on Oct 13, 2019, 01:32:20 AM
ReAction I think.

Thank you, Sir! I just don't want any of these dumbasses at work asking me what series this is from. I'm unfortunately part of that "Millennial" group (although I hate it) ,though I believe myself to be a part of Gen X. I may just get all seven of the crew and have them on my desk along with the Drone.

Is it just me, or was the Drone a bad muthaf**ka? Like, he wiped that whole team out in less than 24 hours......I guess that was the point. That's f**kin deep now that I think about it. A drone wiped the Nostromo Crew out. I haven't beaten Alien Isolation (I like to savor my games like fine wine), but wasn't the Xenomorph there as Drone as well?

Drones and warriors are the same thing (unless it's a video game or unused script draft concept).  And it really only killed just over half the crew (if you don't count Kane, Ash and Ripley).  It is interesting though that it was the crew's turf, yet they failed miserably.

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 13, 2019, 02:36:06 AM
FUNKOxSuper7 created the ReAction line up of 3.75 inch figures.  The partnership split a few years back and now Super7 exclusively makes them.

Since 2013, all 7 crew members (including Jones as an accessory to Ripley in a recent 3 pack) of the Nostromo are now available in that format.  There are now 21 variants of the Alien.

ALIENS ReAction figures are coming soon.  Marines Vasquez, Hudson and Hicks will be joined by android Bishop, Newt and Ripley.  3 variant xenomorph figures will complete the set of 9 figures.  No release date available other than "soon".

-Windebieste.

Wow... thanks, man. That was a lot of useful information. I had no idea they made a Ripley and Jones pack. I might as well get all of the crew and the Drone.

Quote from: SM on Oct 13, 2019, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: Pvt_Frost on Oct 13, 2019, 01:32:20 AM
ReAction I think.

Drones and warriors are the same thing (unless it's a video game or unused script draft concept).  And it really only killed just over half the crew (if you don't count Kane, Ash and Ripley).  It is interesting though that it was the crew's turf, yet they failed miserably.

Wait....Drones and Warriors are the same? I thought they were part of a different caste? I thought the Drones were the ones who worked inside of the Hive, were closer to the Queen, and built the Hives. I thought the Warriors were the ones who actually defended the Hive, went out and kicked ass, and were the more aggressive bunch.

SM

Nah, those distinction are only made for things like video games as they're handy to describe different enemies.  The script for Aliens had smaller albino Aliens that tended the eggs and Queen that Cameron called drones, but he dropped them.

Samhain13

Quote from: Pvt_Frost on Oct 13, 2019, 03:22:43 PM
Wait....Drones and Warriors are the same? I thought they were part of a different caste? I thought the Drones were the ones who worked inside of the Hive, were closer to the Queen, and built the Hives. I thought the Warriors were the ones who actually defended the Hive, went out and kicked ass, and were the more aggressive bunch.

You forgot the Praetorians.

The Old One

The Old One

If anything the "Drone" is more independent as so far as we know the "Warrior" appearance only begins to show when an active hive exists.

Elmazalman

Initially, the Alien born from Russ Jordan must've been quite active.

The Old One

The Old One

Of course, I thought it clear my intention was saying that it always begins with them taking on a "Drone" appearance until the hive reaches a certain number, you certainly do not consider one Alien and numerous hosts an active hive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed