New AvPGalaxy Poll For April

Started by Darkness, Apr 01, 2004, 10:17:52 PM

Author
New AvPGalaxy Poll For April (Read 11,206 times)

Growler

Growler

If Anderson is going with the original comic book idea, the Predators didn't have shoulder cannons during the hunt for Aliens.  They had some really big hand held cannons about the size of an M16, but shaped very similar to their shoulder cannon.  It kind of works like a shot gun, where they have to dump the cartridge and reload after taking a shot.  I kind of have the feeling though they will have shoulder cannons in this movie.  We'll just have to wait and see.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

thanks to those who took the time to read my comment...  im sorry that it was so long!  Richie in regard to the question about the shoulder cannons: there ARE indeed shoulder cannons in the AvP movie. as we already know there are two types of the shoulder weapon : the one which is permanently mounted, and the one we see in Predator 2, which slids down behind the shoulder in behind the backback. the shoulder guns in AvP, are going to be far bigger.. after pul anderson spoke to his designers, he told them he wanted everything, (or some things) bigger and better.... after much toiling around, testing with maquettes and so forth, they conjured a 20inch shoulder gun whcih recoils when shot. think of the turret guns on the death star in star wars... i dont know if i like it, but it sounds cool........  also, just a note on the CGI in the film: there is going to be as little CGI used as possible, focusing on the use of Practical methods (ie hydrolics etc) HOWEVER, CGI will be needed for "little things" eg- for when the wrist blades pop out, because, they are longer.  also, there is a very complicated motion capture shot in the movie that goes as follows:  there is a scene where a Predator leaps a 25ft gap in the "chamber of Gods", the camera follows him and the predator cloaks himself in mid air, but the camera continuously follows him until he lands on the other side... it sound fantastic  well, i might be back on later, but for now  -Forte Fortuna Adjuvat.........-real pred

gemini

gemini

looks like PA did play the games then, in AvP2 you can see the predator cloak in mid-jump too. And since it was so awsome in the game, I can't wait to see something like that in the movie. yesss    :)  

Anonymous

Anonymous

i`d like the Predators to win cause i like  em.     8)  

Ali

Ali

Predalien queen is briliant idea! i like all predaliens

Predboy

Predboy

The predators will definatley win.   ;D  

Predqueen

Predqueen

Predalien is very good ides   ;D   it is my favoritealien but my favorite creature is Yautja

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed