Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 41,869 times)

Stolen

I'm sure the movie will be pretty funny. Scott was pretty good at it after all.
Thelma & Louise and Matchstick Men are really funny at times.

Having said that, I don't believe in rumors about the length of the film. I don't think the film is longer than 2h15.

Ingwar

Quote from: Stolen on Sep 28, 2021, 06:08:38 PM
Thelma & Louise and Matchstick Men are really funny at times.

So is The Martian. Scott can handle humour is small doses.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah well, The Martian did receive a Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy.  ;D

A New, very glossy poster just released:

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteHaute history

Yates created approximately 1,000 outfits for the film, including around 55 for Adam Driver's Mauricio Gucci (the ill-fated head of the fashion house, whom Reggiani hired a hitman to kill in 1995), approximately 20 for Al Pacino as Aldo Gucci (the brand's chairman), and around a dozen for Jared Leto's balding businessman (and label VP) Paolo Gucci. The biggest accomplishment, as Yates estimates, were between 75 and 100 total looks she assembled in collaboration with Gaga.

Many pieces were from the star's personal collection as well as the Gucci archives — like the vintage trouser suit and fur coat above, worn for an "irate" exchange. In addition to visual beauty, much of the clothing was selected for its potential to enhance emotional moments.

"She wears that when she's absolutely horrified after coming in from shopping to find that her cleaner has exactly the same handbag that she has!" Yates recalls of the assertive ensemble. "She goes down to 42nd street [in Mahattan] and berates the seller. She's horrified that all the bags selling for $100 down there, and she has this big confrontation with Aldo.... she picked up a load of things, mugs pens, just rubbish with Gucci [designs] on them, and threw them at Aldo!"

Jet sets

Work began months before filming, with Yates shipping an entire "closet for Gaga" to L.A., fitting the star over Zoom sessions from Italy and the U.K. The glam team then spent hours on makeup and "chopping wigs" to match each creation. Yates remembers an "assiduous" commitment from Gaga, with meticulous attention to detail — and unparalleled invitations into Gaga's own collections acquired over the years — across all facets of Patrizia's look.

"We bought off eBay, we had access to Gaga's archive, which is enormous. It's slightly outré for what we were looking for, but she was so kind, generous, and helpful, all the time. She's very on it. She's going, 'I'd like to wear this,' but I'm going, 'it's not period correct,' but it doesn't matter because it's so insular. It looked great," Yates says. "Everything was a big discussion, and everything was very directed to who she was interacting with on that scene."

Gaga's connections with the accessory brand Tudor also came in handy, as Yates says the company provided a period-specific watch to the production, while other hardware came from Boucheron, Bulgari, and Gucci.

Hats off

Yates edited this Gina Lollobrigida-inspired look — which originally included a black bolero hat and belt — that Reggiani wears for Aldo Gucci's birthday on Lake Como. "We could hardly see" the 5' 2′′ singer in the original outfit, says Yates. "[They] had to go!"

Pattern boldness

Gaga insisted on a loud Yves Saint Laurent dress from the Tirelli archive, with "big hair" to match the "over-the-top" ferocity of a tense spat with Leto's Paolo Gucci. "She basically wanted to be so out there," Yates explains. "She just went straight up to the trail and said, 'I want to wear this when I'm confronting Paolo.'"

Fashion summit at the peak of excellence

When the House of Gucci trailer dropped in July, fans lost their minds (to put it lightly) at the sight of Lodge-y Gaga in a crimson bodysuit on snow-capped mountain. And Yates feels that Gaga had an early idea that the look would turn up the heat on the ski slopes.

"Ridley wanted them all to be in ski suits, to all be wearing white," she says of the scene, which follows the central cast as they gather at a mountainside resort for a 20-year reunion. Yates ultimately added color to Scott's initial vision after seeing a yellow option at the Annamode costume rental service in Rome, which she then redesigned in the final piece's signature red.

"Gaga wanted to be the only one to wear the fur hat. We had black, we had white, she nicked them for herself!" Yates exclaims. "The glasses, which had been a huge success, funnily enough, we got these on eBay early on, they were three different colors: Turquoise, red, or orange. They're all Christian Dior. It just all worked!"

Mamma mia!

A real-life Black Widow, Reggiani dressed "like a Christmas tree," as Yates describes, but Gaga resisted camp in favor of a sincere embodiment of elegance.

"She introduced the whole fact, saying 'I want to look like my mother,'" Yates says with reference to Cynthia Germanotta. "[Gaga's] mother is an elegant Italian woman who'd wear something, just to shop.... She carried a certain flair, and [Gaga] wanted to look like her."

... don't forget about the father, son(s), etc.

Gaga wasn't the only actor who had fun with fashion; Yates decked Pacino, Driver, and Jeremy Irons in custom, crisp suits, blazers, sport jackets, and cashmere coats. She also ordered around 100 ties, with around 40 going to Driver alone. But it was Leto's character, Paolo Gucci, whose looks demanded particular attention.

"We'd go down to Naples and choose fabrics," she said of working with the Cesare Attolini, the menswear brand that contributed fabulous work to Paolo Sorrentino's 2013 drama The Great Beauty. "I had to go back down there to revamp [some] fabrics because they weren't 'dandy' enough! Jared was the dandy's dandy!"

https://ew.com/movies/lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-costumes-cynthia-germanotta/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6157434376ce4600013956f4

Gaga about her role:

QuoteSpeaking with The Wall Street Journal this week, Gaga details her new album Love for Sale with legend Tony Bennett and how she got into character for her cinematic follow-up to her Oscar-nominated performance in A Star Is Born.

"I knew I was about to play a murderer. I also knew how Tony feels about Italians being represented in film in terms of crime. I wanted to make a real person out of Patrizia, not a caricature," explained Gaga, who said she spent six months perfecting her Italian accent, before spending another six months staying in the accent.

"I felt the best way to honor Maurizio and Italians was for my performance to be authentic, from the perspective of a woman. Not an Italian-American woman, but an Italian woman," she added.

"Choosing to work in a film that's set in Italy is where my heart lies. When I went over to film this year, every day I was able to plant my feet on the ground and know that I was in a place where my family lived before coming here and working hard so I could have a better life," she told WSJ.

https://people.com/movies/lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-patrizia-reggiani-real-not-a-caricature/

Ingwar

According to twitter running time is 195 minutes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar

The question is who. Twitter or Ridley? ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar

If Scorsese could take a piss with The Irishman (209 min) then why not Ridley :)

Nightmare Asylum

Al Pacino is leaking trade secrets between the two parties.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 11, 2021, 09:11:07 PM
Better have an intermission then so we can go and take a piss...

Abandon piss all ye who enter here

Ingwar

Reeve Carney who portrays Tom Ford talks about HoG:

QuoteDAMAN: Were there any special characteristics of Tom Ford that you had to prepare for?
Reeve Carney: It's always important for me to find the character's voice, so to speak ... as it communicates so much of what is in between the lines. That and their gait, and manner. Other than that, it's important to find the places in which my inner life connects with that of the character. And in that way, it's about the more invisible work for me. But you certainly want the audience to feel as though they are watching Tom, rather than watching an actor "playing" him. But yes, creating a truthful amalgamation of my voice intertwined with his was an important thing for me to aim for.

DAMAN: And how does it feel being part of such a star-studded cast?
Reeve Carney: It was quite an exciting moment for me seeing my name in the press release alongside all of these legends, whom I have studied and admired for so many years. And the work itself was quite thrilling. I am a huge admirer of Ridley Scott's process, as he directs with a fierce confidence, all the while instilling a deep trust in his actors.

DAMAN: What did you learn from playing the role of Tom Ford? And did you get the chance to meet him in person too?
Reeve Carney: I have yet to meet Tom, and would absolutely love to. Didn't have the opportunity prior to filming. And would also like to extend my deepest sympathies to him for the loss of his dear husband, Richard Buckley.

DAMAN: Any particularly memorable moments from the filming that you can share with us?
Reeve Carney: I didn't expect there to be so much improvisation, which was very exciting! So, I'm excited to see what ends up on the screen.

https://daman.co.id/actor-reeve-carney-talks-about-his-role-house-of-gucci/

Ingwar

Ingwar

Seems like second trailer coming soon

From Hannibal ...

Some new photos

According to Wolski movie will be flashy which is complete opposite to The Last Duel.

QuoteYeah flashy, a lot of flashes. Because it's a fashion world so it's a lot of flash photography.

https://screenrant.com/last-duel-harry-gregson-williams-janty-yates-dariusz-wolski-interview/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed