The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,530 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Ugh.. This sounds like they are trying to form a new extreme catalyst from the xenomorph design...

Can't they just leave the xenomorph alone?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I just had a thought, what if the reason terraforming is so necessary is because all of the beautiful planets are booby trapped to kill off humans. Also, Xeno-shark!

Stdnasty

Stdnasty

What if...  OK not part of avp universe but enginers had a long ongoing war and genetic manipulation and terraforming seem to be the only way to get the numbers they needed to end this war that is going on who knows for how long maybe several millennia that's why they do it on a planetary scale now sure maybe those Engineers were running from an outbreak and "God we know what this is going to do let's get the hell out of here" let's assume they created the human race we were just more cannon fodder but who knows maybe the war ended maybe the engineers all got wiped out by their own creation that was because as I understand it the black goo causes forced Evolution what better way to get the numbers they needed in a couple thousand years versus a couple of billion. Which if we were nothing but cannon fodder to them would explain why the sole engineer in Prometheus have no problem killing everybody when asked for a favor

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 25, 2016, 01:32:22 AM
This got me thinking too :).

Could it be that the engineer head they brought back exploded because it had already been exposed to spores right before he fell and the door collapsed on him? Maybe they were running from a spore outbreak? That would explain why he just collapsed as if nothing touched hm. The head didn't blow up in the tomb because it was dead, but when they revive it...kaboom?

I always thought that the head was frozen. That was what kept it from exploding...

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 25, 2016, 01:32:22 AM
I'm tellig you guys, I really think Covenant will explain a lot of misunderstood sh!t that happened in Prometheus...

Actually most of the "misunderstood sh!t" from Prometheus was just Ridley sacrificing film continuity for the sake of a better pace...  ::)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

It appears that they are reworking the whole evolution cycle in these new alien movies just to be able to come up what they want in terms of story.

I guess im going to have to wait some more decades to get movies with aliens coming out of other animals creating new xenos with new abilities.

QuoteThese spores infect several members of the Covenant crew by entering the body through the ear and nostrils.

I reeeeeeally hope that these people are not as idiotic as the Prom crew. I dont know a lot about this story but they are going to be just as dumb i hope they make them space truckers instead of scientist that should not be that dumb.

John Doe

John Doe

Great info Hicks. Now i can image something like this:

I think the Engeneers live in caves under waterfalls to avoid pods.

Kurai

Kurai

I skipped over a few pages so forgive me if someone brought this up already.

I read a few posts where people were saying that they were backtreading on what has already been established, changing how the Black Goo works and decanonizing Fire & Stone... This couldn't be further from the truth.

First of all, the Neomorphs are perfectly in line with what was established in Prometheus. As was clearly stated, this is the result of Black Goo mutating local wildlife, something that was entirely absent on Lv223 apart from perhaps those worms. What we do see is Holloway infected with Black Goo and proceeding to inseminate Shaw. His "Spore" infects Shaw with the Trilobite which could very well have burst from Shaw if it had been given the chance. Is the Trilobite a Neomorph? No. From what I can gather, the Neomorphs originate from a Black Goo mutated variant of local flora rather than a human so differences are quite acceptable in result of "cross polination". This all fits perfectly with Prometheus.

As for Fire and Stone... Lv223's Black Goo Monsters are the result of natural evolution accelerated by Black Goo on a planet totally absent of life outside of what was introduced by humans and the little Worms. We can also include alien micro-organisms that may have been spread by the awakened Engineer. The Spore Bearers, or whatever we want to call them, on Paradise are the result of an already established ecosystem becoming infected by the Black Goo and, as I stated in the above paragraph, as that matches with the effects in Prometheus it can match with the effects in Fire and Stone.

There's also the case of the unknown "Terraforming Device" discovered in the Engineer ruins during Fire and Stone. I don't have the issue with me right now, unfortunatly, but IIRC  it is stated that it is both an atmosphere generator as well as a biological seed injector working in tandem with the Black Goo.

Nothing has been invalidated, the EU is fine.  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

^^ Thanks for that

I was thinking as much, but since i still havent read Fire and Stone, i wasnt sure

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: John Doe on Oct 25, 2016, 08:22:00 AM

Nice looking art/pics!

Wondering if we'll finally get an explanation as to why that misty green laser cloud cover was apparent aboard the Detelict in Alien where the eggs were. Maybe it acts as a containment field. Awww man this airborne spore stuff is going to spread like wildfire across the Alien world...

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Green? I thought it was blue. You're talking about that stasis where the eggs are in, right? Where Kane finds them and gets facehugged.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 25, 2016, 12:01:34 PM
Quote from: John Doe on Oct 25, 2016, 08:22:00 AM

Nice looking art/pics!

Wondering if we'll finally get an explanation as to why that misty green laser cloud cover was apparent aboard the Detelict in Alien where the eggs were. Maybe it acts as a containment field. Awww man this airborne spore stuff is going to spread like wildfire across the Alien world...

I think the 'green mist' is a combination containment device, security device, and trip-wire...

...and just to be clear, the spore propagation in Gibson's 'ALIEN III' makes MUCH less sense...

From the script after some have been inhaled...

"
                                WELLES
                The Anchorpoint phase of the project is terminated,
                Rosetti.  You'll keep Hicks and the android in
                solitary until they can return with us to Gateway
                to stand trial for treason.

TRENT
                The Anchorpoint phase?  What do you mean?  We
                have no more material to work with...

FOX
                You have no more material to work with, Trent.
                In any case, it's become obvious that you aren't
                quite the man for the job.  We took the precaution
                of obtaining our own samples.  They're on their
                way to Gateway.

WELLES
                        (with cold satisfaction)
                ... and everything, every move each of you have
                made, since our arrival, is going to be gone
                over with a fine toothed c-c-c-c--

As Welles begins to stammer, her eyes betray a terrible consternation.  She
rises from her chair, lurches forward, catching herself on her hands.  The
C-C-C-C-C phases into a chattering palsy as a thick strand of blood-streaked
drool descends toward the table.  Fox, seated to her left, has instinctively
shoved his own chair back, ready to run.  Everyone else is frozen with shock.

As the chittering tooth-burr becomes a shrill SHRIEK of inhuman rage, the
transformation takes place.  Segmented biomechanoid tendons squirm beneath the
skin of her arms.  Her hands claw at one another, tearing redundant flesh from
alien talons.  Then the shriek dies.  She straightens up.

And, rips her face apart in a single movement, the glistening claws coming
away with skin, eyes, muscle, teeth, and splinters of bone... SOUND of ripping
cloth.  The New Beast sheds its human skin in a single sinuous, bloody ripple,
molting on fast forward.

An instant of utter silence as the featureless mask moves.  From side to side.
Scanning.

Trent vomits explosively.  The Marine guard snatches his pistol from its
holster and FIRES wildly across the table.  Blind screaming chaos.

OVERHEAD SHOT

as the directorate plunges, like a single panicked organism, to the far side
of the bubble.  The thing is on Fox before he can get up from his chair.

CLOSE

On his scream as the sucking, fanged tongue plunges through the orbit of his
eye.

ANGLE

A Marine with a flamethrower bursts through the door, torching Fox and the New
Beast, setting fire to the bubble's acoustic foam baffles.

"

Sure NOBODY would want THAT!!

SiL

SiL

Blue. Blue laser mist.

icedog97

icedog97

It would seem that the best way to get from creatures that appear to be mostly organic (Prometheus) to creatures that are bio-mechanical (Alien) would be to introduce a synthetic life form somewhere along the way.

So it wouldn't be surprising...although maybe a little too straightforward...if David turns out to be the father/creator of what we see in Alien.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: icedog97 on Oct 25, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
It would seem that the best way to get from creatures that appear to be mostly organic (Prometheus) to creatures that are bio-mechanical (Alien) would be to introduce a synthetic life form somewhere along the way.

So it wouldn't be surprising...although maybe a little too straightforward...if David turns out to be the father/creator of what we see in Alien.

So David is still Dr Moreau...AGAIN!

Kurai

Kurai

Another thing I keep on seeing:

Black Goo evolves into Aliens. I get why people think this, though I don't see the truth in it. We have it established that we'll be seeing the Alien in Covenant alongside the Neomorphs and Black Goo Mutants, is it really so hard to believe that the Neomorphs are not the progenitors of the Alien?

I very well could be wrong on this, but I don't think I am. It just reeks of cheese to me. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed