AvP in Fangoria Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jun 02, 2004, 02:58:30 PM

Author
AvP in Fangoria Magazine (Read 11,035 times)

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

No doubt in my head that this is rated R. Anyway thanks for that novel you just wrote !!   ;D   It was all but boring. but the thing beign an action bothers me a bit . I taught it was going to be sci-fi horror.  And we now have an idea of  why that pred ally with Lex. He was probably imprested by her survival instinct and that she disurved to be with him. but I just hope she will not kill to much aliens with that spear. Cuz she is far from having the skills of a pred and dont have that much protection with her shield.

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

No problem about writing it up guys, I just feel bad that I didnt buy it to have the scans for you.  I would have if i was sure no one already posted them here this morning.  Ill tell you what Ill pick it up tomorrow if no one has posted them by then and send you the scans.  And I sure as heck hope its going to be R.  I want all the blood and gore I can handle, as well as  suspense and horror (on a side note, check out the trailer for Saw on IGN if you want horror...thats one movie I cant wait to see).  It just kinda scared me that they were even arguing about PG.   At first I was like...by PG they must mean PG13...but as I read on it just became more clear.  And yes, the whole *action* thing kinda annoyed me as well, but look at it this way...  Id rather have an R rated horror movie.  Whats a PG13 horror movie really?  It just doesnt happen, or not well, because if it was actually scary it wouldnt be PG13 at all.  The fact that they are saying *action* and how much action is in the film actually kinda calms me a little bit.  In my thoughts, a PG13 action film would fare better than an R rated horror film.  Again, this is just me thinkin stuff up, but if this is going to be an action movie then im all for it.  When these 2 species face off I wouldnt really expect horror anyway, whats scary about an alien hunting a predator or vice versa?  Nothing really, thats action, theres not much suspense or horror involved in watching 2 species that cannot talk, that we cannot connect to (yes i know preds can kinda talk, but thats not the point).    My point is that I think I, or we should have expected action from the get go.  its Alien vs Predator, not Alien and Predator vs Humans.  Humans will be killed no doubt about that, but thats not the highlight of this movie, thats not what its about.  This movies about the 2 creatures goin at it like weve always wanted them to.  Myself, im less scared of the idea of PG13 now.  Hopefully itll be R, id be overjoyed if it was, all im saying is that if its PG13 I dont think people need to make a whole big deal about it, not till they see the movie at least.    Oh yea, and check out Saw, really, it looks good :)

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

I forgot two pics from the mag!  First is a guy from the exploring crew face to face with the predator with the cool, distinguished mask.  Hes backed into a corner, and its an outdoor shot.  The predator is standing facing him like 2 feet away holding up his hand.  The cool thing is that the predator is like a foot and a half taller than the human lol.  The other pic is an obvious model, suit of a predator unmasked.  It shows his face, nothing new really.  The only thing worth mentioning is that you CAN see the scar on his forhead that would be from completing a successful hunt.  Scar predator anyone?  Well its there, just two little marks that look like cuts on the middle of his forehead.  Pretty cool.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Keep in mind that today Aliens is borderline PG13 if it weren't for the language and only a *couple* of graphic scenes.  There's a heck of a lot that can be done well in a PG13 movie, it's just that title of being PG13 has such a stigma attached to it now that no one can look beyond that.  For the record, however, I'm hoping for an R as well.       ;)  

None

None

Using the alien head as a shield?  What about the acid if it gets hit?  Doersn't make any sense.  Weird

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

Well its pretty obvious that the alien head wouldnt be eatin by alien acid....it already had acid coursing through it, remember?  My beef is that they better have cleaned it out pretty well, I mean one little drip of acid inside there could really cause some damage if you stuck your arm in.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

To Ryanpoli MAN! you were born to be a writter!! What the Heck are you doing on this forum!!?? just go write a damn A v P novel buddy!!  as for that Rating thing, lets not just panic too much. Of curse I would prefer an R  but we are going to enjoy the movie ANYWAY !! Right GUYS !!  For that shield thing, I have another supposition. What if Lex use the shield and spear combination to kill a pred.Then the pred (that we saw on the pics ) see it and Lex earn the pred respect and they then ally to get out of that magnificent aliens army that traped them.

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

Well its pretty obvious that the alien head wouldnt be eatin by alien acid....it already had acid coursing through it, remember?  My beef is that they better have cleaned it out pretty well, I mean one little drip of acid inside there could really cause some damage if you stuck your arm in.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Hell yeah its looking good but I think your wright about that the pred giving Lex the weapons otherwise, she would have to kill an alien, rip his tail off, and rip his head off then stick her hand in that jello trying to grab something to hold at. as for the acid burning true the head, thats sound dumb to me. The alien`s exo didnt seem to melt in the movies you know. So why would the head melt?

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

Heh, Hell Alien, thats what im trying to say.  If blood god on the head shes using as a shield it wouldnt go through.  What im saying is that they need to be darn sure that the head is cleaned out well on the inside so theres no acid there to get on her hand.  Get it?

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Yeah sorry think I read too fast sometimes. i was thinking that you were saying that it would melt trought but reading it back, I said the exact same thing as you    :-\    Anyway, for that weapon clean-up, They shouldnt have to worry about the acid cuz when it dies, an alien acid is neutrolized. That is what they say in the movies.

ryanpoli

ryanpoli

Are you sure thats so?  I mean how would a creature dieing make blood neutralized?  Im not saying its not true...perhaps cite your sources?  What movie?  I can think of quite a few times aliens were blown away only to shoot their blood all over the human (aliens anyone).    Or is it only after a certain amount of time that the blood loses its acidity.  Was this in one of the movies?  I dont recall, but prove me wrong, im intrigued.

El Diablo

El Diablo

I don't mind long posts (you should see the stuff I write on other forums), especially if it's dealing with new info concerning this movie. Thanks for the details, ryanpoli!    ;D  

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Well Ryanpoli, just look in Rez, when the two aliens kill the other one. When Gediman goes in the *cage* to look down in the hole made by the acid, he burn himself on the hole`s edge but this was far from being an acid burn. was more like hot water. and again in rez, when Ripley kills that alien that just killed Elgin, she ripped his tongue out and Call take`s  it in her hand and TOUCH the ripped part of the tongue and dont burn herself. Of curse for the acid not to make its devastating effect, a certain lap of time will have to go by. lets talk about several minutes.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Oh and Bringer, I just forgot about the two most obvious proof of that an alien acid is neutralised after death. Take Alien and Aliens where Ash and Bishop take a inner look at the dead facehuggers. No tools or material is burn during the process. in either of those two films! and dont forget that alien`s acid is mollecular.Its not like sulfurik acid. It stop burning after a while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed