Capcom Teases Upcoming Announcement that Includes 'Alien vs. Predator'

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 15, 2019, 07:32:30 PM

Author
Capcom Teases Upcoming Announcement that Includes 'Alien vs. Predator' (Read 11,616 times)

Komenja

I've been hoping for a re-release of arcade AvP for a long time, I hope it comes to Steam/PSN/XBL/etc.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, same. I'd rather be able to buy it for an existing platform than shell out for a new device.

SiL

If said new device wasn't some ungodly large monstrosity with only a handful of games I mightn't mind, but damn.

Drukathi

Maybe Konami's Aliens Arcade will release on consoles and PC.

Wintermute

They... They do realize that configuration only works in an actual CABINET, right?

Walter 31564-F

Apparently this seems like it will only be a regional exclusive for those living in Europe, at least at this time. According to the link it only applies to Capcom of Europe, nothing specific about it for Capcom USA or other regions. I would expect that it might have a Japanese region release, but whatever.

And from the specs of the device, it's really not that big of a difference compared to running an emulator and playing the game, they even said that it's FinalBurn Alpha emulator using the original ROMs. They could have used MAME for emulation instead it would have been the most accurate in terms of emulation.

The price at this point is very steep, at least to me. If they had included every single Capcom CPS-1, CPS-2, AND CPS-3 arcade games I would have no problem paying over 200 USD for it.

The other problem I have to bring up as a criticism is that many of those games support MORE THAN 2 players, even AvP had support for up to a maximum of 3 players at a time and this device only supports 2, so unless there's a way to link up with another one of those devices to enable and play 3 Players or 4 Players for those games, I feel that I (or we) would only be paying MORE for LESS.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Apr 17, 2019, 06:11:17 AM
If said new device wasn't some ungodly large monstrosity with only a handful of games I mightn't mind, but damn.

An ungodly large monstrosity with only a handful of games that ALSO costs an arm and a leg.

SiL

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2019, 06:51:20 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 17, 2019, 06:11:17 AM

An ungodly large monstrosity with only a handful of games that ALSO costs an arm and a leg.
For the price, given the actual hardware used, it isn't awful, I guess. A quick check for Sanwa parts shows that 2x joysticks & 16x buttons would run somewhere around £200, whereas the Home Arcade is £180.

The dearth of games is disappointing, though, as is the horrible design.

The fact that they're using a version of Final Burn Alpha which has a non commercial license, though, might cause some legal issues for Capcom.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 23, 2019, 09:07:29 PMThe fact that they're using a version of Final Burn Alpha which has a non commercial license, though, might cause some legal issues for Capcom.

So if CAPCOM are using a glorified emulator as an operating system, they can't condemn people who use Final Burn Emulator (for free) and a couple of USB Playstation, control pads for £10 from Amazon or Ebay?

molasar

As long as Capcom is not chasing anyone for hosting and sharing their roms like Nintendo, I have nothing against them using it. Who knows? Maybe it is some secret agreement between them and emulator code contributors.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed