Capcom Teases Upcoming Announcement that Includes 'Alien vs. Predator'

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 15, 2019, 07:32:30 PM

Author
Capcom Teases Upcoming Announcement that Includes 'Alien vs. Predator' (Read 11,763 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteCapcom's teasing something that looks like it could be a new arcade collection reveal, one that includes several different franchises based on what's been shown. One of the games that's seen in the teaser above that Capcom released on Monday shows a quick scene from the Alien vs. Predator arcade game which was released over 20 years ago. Whatever it is that Capcom's teasing will be made clear on Tuesday though, according to the teaser that revealed Capcom's announcement plans.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/15/capcom-announcement-alien-vs-predator/

Wweyland

Sounds great, would love to replay AvP: Arcade.

SuperiorIronman

I never got the chance to play AVP Arcade. I don't know how to get either but I'd totally be down to play a re-release.

Voodoo Magic

If they release this..  LET'S GO!!!!

Naginata

:o

That AVP arcade game was my JAM in 3rd grade. Fantastic news!

slipknotpredator

Omg awesome news, so many memories.

Corporal Hicks

So as expected, it's a plug and play collection of Capcom titles including AvP:

October 25th release. Can't see an RRP.

Voodoo Magic

As long as the price point isn't outrageous, count me in!

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

Hmm... just an EU release it seems...

SuperiorIronman

What the Hell even is that interface?

Look, I get the appeal of arcade cabinet controls..., but this is 2019 and your plug and play device is for some reason the logo with some buttons on it which I'd assume is big enough for two people. That's going to be awkward putting in a lap or require a desk for it. And while I'm sure that's interesting to some, that novelty wears off real fast when you've completed the package and have this big ass controller thing you've got to put somewhere.

Isn't it just easier to release this online or on disk? Or dare I say make a smaller controller/device?

And with that being said, I'm not sure I'm willing to spend 200+ dollars on this for just AVP arcade. Sure I don't know where to play it otherwise but say I need to get it imported and that's even more money I'm spending on a massive piece of plastic. I get there's other games involved and that it's worth it for people who want to relive their nintendo backlog, but I'm not sure that's worth it.

skull-splitter

Got a SNES mini with AVP on it. Works like a charm.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 16, 2019, 02:37:13 PM
Got a SNES mini with AVP on it. Works like a charm.

They're different games.

I doubt I'll bother with this. Too many pennies just for AvP for me.

JokersWarPig

Depends on what else is included and if it's something I can play with my younger brother, but its still super cool.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed