Aliens vs Predator: Rift War (2022)

Started by felix, Oct 16, 2021, 10:32:26 PM

Author
Aliens vs Predator: Rift War (2022) (Read 24,793 times)

SiL

SiL

Flying Aliens aren't new, but I actually like Aliens and kind of don't need them to get super powers to remain interesting every other book, y'know?

EDIT

That said the EU is the place for this and I'm just getting a grumpy bitch :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 17, 2021, 03:48:28 PM
So, now we're getting Alien: Colony WAR and AvP: Rift WAR ? So much WAR around

Not to mention we alredy had AvP Rage WAR trilogy

And Aliens: Earth/Female WAR. Aaaaand AvP: Three World WAR. And just AvP: WAR.

Is there any WAR I missed ?

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 17, 2021, 09:35:46 PM
DNA War

That's the WAR I've missed  :D

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 17, 2021, 10:24:31 PM

Haha, didn't even realize I helped ya out there, so much war!

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2021, 09:43:13 PM
Flying Aliens aren't new, but I actually like Aliens and kind of don't need them to get super powers to remain interesting every other book, y'know?

EDIT

That said the EU is the place for this and I'm just getting a grumpy bitch :laugh:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the whole "bigger, badder" trope, but with the Xenos I do enjoy seeing some DNA reflex in action.

BlueMarsalis79

If he can make it useful, like in Aliens Phalanx, I'm all for it. As with the so called "vert-a-voot"

But otherwise?

Not the biggest fan.

Some Old Dude

I can't wait for Phil "Deutsch" Shaeffer, Nick Harrigan, Steve Van Luen, Wayne Hicks and Oswoldo Ripley-McClaren to avenge their ancestors.

Mr.Turok

Sounds terribly generic, very disappointing. Maybe it will be written well but damm its sad that its just another run of the mill story of humans trapped in the middle of a ritual hunt again.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 17, 2021, 04:07:30 PM
Weird that we have a release date for this novel but don't have a date for AVP: Annihilation which was teased in the Gibson novelization.

Spoiler
Don't hold your breath
[close]

Just updated the main post to include mention of Yvonne Navarro. Both Navarro and Ochse are writing this one. Not the first husband and wife team we've seen on an Alien novel. I'm curious to see how this one turns out - Music of the Spears is one of my favourite Alien novels. Also worth noting, Titan is sticking to Aliens vs. Predators again .

SiL

SiL

Yvonne's back?

f**king sold, Music of the Spears was one of my favourites.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 17, 2021, 10:43:54 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 17, 2021, 10:24:31 PM

Haha, didn't even realize I helped ya out there, so much war!

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2021, 09:43:13 PM

EDIT

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the whole "bigger, badder" trope, but with the Xenos I do enjoy seeing some DNA reflex in action.

It's kinda funny - we went so long without the DNA reflex being toyed with at all, to a f**king lot of it lately. Nothing wrong with it IMHO. Just depends on execution.

Wweyland

Also, this has a good chance of another Human-Predator team-up at the end.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 18, 2021, 05:33:06 AM
Weird that we have a release date for this novel but don't have a date for AVP: Annihilation which was teased in the Gibson novelization.

Spoiler
Don't hold your breath
[close]

Just updated the main post to include mention of Yvonne Navarro. Both Navarro and Ochse are writing this one. Not the first husband and wife team we've seen on an Alien novel. I'm curious to see how this one turns out - Music of the Spears is one of my favourite Alien novels. Also worth noting, Titan is sticking to Aliens vs. Predators again .
Avp anhilatiohn was cancelled?

Corporal Hicks

I can't say anything else.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 18, 2021, 05:33:06 AM

Spoiler
Don't hold your breath
[close]

Wait what??? Did our collective trepidation for a Shirley AVP novel give Titan pause? I need answers lol

426Buddy

Must be canceled  :laugh:

Bughuntwilson

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed