Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added) (Read 79,749 times)

HappyTheManFan

No problem. I'm always on the lookout for new spots, so if I find another one this will be the first place to know about it.

Arcyarc

Quote from: HappyTheManFan on Mar 27, 2012, 08:47:27 AM
I made some screen caps from my original raw video file for TV Spot 3. It was captured from a standard definition DVR so I don't have a higher rez version; sorry...

They're awesome, thanks for those!
Does anyone know yet what the weird structure on the very tops of the temples are? I know they share more than a passing resemblence with Giger's unused Dune artworks, but what are they here? The shot of the temple here makes it look almost like a certain familiar elongated head/skull type shape...

pen2paper

Sounds like they used Noomi Rapace's actual scream this time, rather than on the full trailer where it sounded an awful lot like they just reused Sigourney Weaver's from Alien...

szkoki

szkoki

not much new stuff...i think its a good thing

but for sure...David 8 fights or whatever with Vickers in the hallway

/ just give a vibrator to Elizabeth  Shaw and she will deal with all the aliens in it/

I have got a feeling that David 8 is juste a scinetific droid and Vickers is responsible for the crew but not many people or no one knows about that she is a droid...and maybe David 8 will have malfunctions  ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

Because some of us here are actually gay....the derogatory use of the word 'fag' isnt appreciated. Thanks,

red_otter

Quote from: Arcyarc on Mar 27, 2012, 09:41:53 AM
The shot of the temple here makes it look almost like a certain familiar elongated head/skull type shape...

Nice observation! Probably not a coincidence. I also saw an echo of the alien's skull in the viral image of the Orrery, that one was most likely coincidental though. And obviously there's the xeno-type-thing on the wall.

Alien DNA?...

dembones

Ok, I can't be the only one to have thought "Pred!" when first seeing the steam vent figure  :o
*scurries away*

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 27, 2012, 11:34:06 AM
Because some of us here are actually gay....the derogatory use of the word 'fag' isnt appreciated. Thanks,
Exactly. Let's be a little a more tactful and respectful please.

EGM1966

I guess the vent, as it seems to be outside, is either the hatch openning for the ship or perhaps it's connected to something else such as a climate change mechanism?  Alien features a few shots of small vents spouting on the surface so perhaps a connection to changed atmosphere?  Or maybe I'm reaching.   :)

Also, why are so many shots swapped in these trailers?  This has the same shuttle flyby shot but swapped in orientation.  Previous trailers have featured a number of swapped shots are well.

I know it's not uncommon for directors to swap shots if they feel it works when viewed against the larger assembly but I'm surprised to see it in trailers released so closely together.

Very curious as to why David / Vickers square off.  Reminds me a touch - just in tone - of the two Terminators squaring off in the halllway in Terminator 2.  Given the similar look they share really wondering if that scene reveals Vickers is an Android too - and more than capable of handling the strengh of another Android.

Love the sunrise shot over the Temple and look forward to hi-res version of that.

alex.isonfire

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 27, 2012, 10:14:51 AM
not much new stuff...i think its a good thing

but for sure...David 8 fights or whatever with Vickers in the hallway

/ just give a vibrator to Elizabeth  Shaw and she will deal with all the aliens in it/

I have got a feeling that David 8 is juste a scinetific droid and Vickers is responsible for the crew but not many people or no one knows about that she is a droid...and maybe David 8 will have malfunctions  ;D

That would explain her strength, to be able to chuck him against the wall :D Although, he seems almost amused with her during the attack....

DendaReloaded

in which direction is the derelict flying? with the two limbs on the front or on the back?

Jango1201

??? Good question. I always assumed it flew limbs foward. It would look kinda funny the other way.

DendaReloaded

y i thought that too, bit i don't think that the derelict would fly torwards prometheus... they are chasing it and prommy is colliding with it form the limb side.... conclusion: i think the derelict flies with limbs backward..

fiveways

I don't think they are chasing it, I think they are going head first into each other.  Look at the other cap which appears to be the prometheus staring down the derelict from a distance.  It flying the other way would look just stupid.  Hell, it flying anyway but arms forward is eye rolling silly. I guess that belongs in the grips thread.  Also, every shot has it arms forward.  So I am assuming it is arm forward.  You don't shoot a f-14 from behind in every money shot featuring them.  Head first or from the side collision.

I still think the mountain is gonna be a cross of that and the ridleygram skull entrance.

Bishop77

they just put up an 1080p version of the imax trailer on another fanwebsite

noticed some things

at 14secs in - there is not 1 but 5 of the big pyramids in a row

at 46secs in - its holloway with mutating face that says hello in a creepy way

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed