Howard Berger on Predators

Started by Darkness, Sep 24, 2009, 07:50:10 PM

Author
Howard Berger on Predators (Read 6,893 times)

Darkness

Darkness

MovieHole caught up with KNB’s Howard Berger whose company are doing the special effects on Predators. He basically just says they’re going to be faithful to Stan Winston’s work in the original movies.

"I just saw some photos today and they look absolutely fantastic!", says Berger, who got his start working with Stan Winston on films like "Predator" and "Aliens". "˜'Greg [Nicotero] is supervising and masterminding that one. So we’re in pre-production on [it] right now…

…we wanted to have the Predator look as it did in the original film. We went back and looked at the original. I actually worked in the shop with Stan Winston on the first film. It was great to be able to go back to the series having not been involved in any of the sequels, and it was also great to be able to make sure we built them as Stan Winston did… They look really fantastic. There’s a whole bunch of cool [Predator's] in the film, and everyone’s going to be very happy that we’ve been very faithful to the Stan Winston designs. It’s out next year. It’s shooting very soon.''

In related news, Big Island Weekly spoke to Ron Schmidt, the unit production manager on Predators, about shooting in Hawaii. Casting still hasn’t been completed and sets haven’t been finished. He says the story takes place with nine characters running through the jungle escaping the predator. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

So... No ADI then I guess?

AncientPred

AncientPred

Nope, no ADI :-)

Alien³

Alien³

No ADI! Hell yes! But its still a shame about the story.

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

wow that is amazing that he will be doing to do the special effect for new predators movies.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

"It's out next year. It's shooting very soon."  The fact that it's out next year, and that it hasn't actually began shooting yet makes me lose hope of the quality of this film. Sure, we're probably gonna have a badass looking Predator squad, clan, whatever but a crappy rushed movie overall.      :-\  

OptimusP

OptimusP

Thank god for no ADI and going back to the original pred looks, but the casting has yet to be done...and i really cant see Adrian Brody or Denzel Washington as the lead.  Maybe Sam Worthington.

frostedone

frostedone

This is awesome! The original designs are my favorite. The AVP/AVP:R ones looked too weird.

Rob

Rob

Awsome, the original Predator ways. hmm i wunder whot the Predators going to look like.

Xhan

Xhan

That's the way Rodriguez works. His editing and turnaround are always fast.

K

K

Eh... I've heard these claims before... But even if the Predator(s) DO look like the original (or Predator 2's), that does not make up for a shit story. Predator (as well as Predator 2) was compelling because of: a) an intruiging story, b) intense action and set pieces, and c) great, KNOWN cast. We already know we're not getting the latter, the middle factor so easily overdone anymore, and there is a world of discomfort and contempt for the proposed storyline by Rodriguez, which has been confirmed IS what they are now producing... Reserve your hopes, reserve them tightly.

AncientPred

AncientPred

The story and script have been revised by this point. As they brought in outside writers several weeks ago. As far as a rushed schedule, it was the studios decision and Rodriguez and the director are going to work within that timeframe. I'm sure Rodriguez will be editing as they're filming or all at once after production is wrapped. Fox is notorious for treating film-makers like crap and rushing release dates. As for the cast, we don't even know who has been cast yet. I'm sure, very soon, once everyone has signed they'll make one large announcement.

AncientPred

AncientPred

Beyond all of that, after sitting through two TERRIBLE AVP films, I honestly can't wait for PREDATORS.

INVISIBLE HUNTER

INVISIBLE HUNTER

Im so glad they are going back to the design of the first CLASSIC PREDATOR. Even now the movie has stood the pass of time, i also hope they dont rush this promising sequel. Casting still not done yet! that does worry me. Really looking forward to it though.   :)  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

When I first heard that Berger "saw some photos" I thought to myself well why the f**k arent these circulating on the net yet so we can shoot this thing down in flames? Thank god its not another AvP steaming pile of dog poop, but on the same token: rush job of a movie with our favourite yautja? Rather watch a fan movie thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed