Prometheus 2 casting update!!

Started by RoaryUK, May 20, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 casting update!! (Read 20,124 times)

szkoki

szkoki

just hire Aronofsky as a writer/and well as a director/ (and make it Noah as a canon   :laugh:) but seriously he can write great characters (all of his movie) and imagine beautiful visuals (Fountain) and now he is already into the theme religion (Noah) wich is also a great part of Prometheus, should have potential ideas,  but as we can see from ridley we will get a bunch of new characters who we dont give a F, why not develop the tension between Shaw, David, Father, Mother, Holloway, Gods and make it a great spiritual space drama where etc Shaw had to make decisions after a great character build up like the Gods bring back all his loved ones if Shaw helps destroying Earth(after the Gods convince Shaw that humanity is the greatest threat to all the galaxy because Earth is paradise but we made hell from it)?

too bad ridley stucked between the genres space horror, adventure, romance, religion and couldnt make a good movie from it, and honestly  i suppose promi 2 will be the same

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2013, 11:47:19 PM
A six year old girl has a younger brother from a dead mother who's completely absent from the Prometheus.

You can tell how many times I've seen prometheus.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 04:42:29 AM
So after, technically, birthing the Trilobite on LV-223 she becomes pregnant again

"Draw me like one of your French girls..."

Nightmare Asylum

The only way it'd make sense for a relative of Shaw to track her down in Prometheus 2 would be if it was her grandchild.

SM

SM

That's her child.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Child 2.0

SM

SM

The Seed of the Hollow Way.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 22, 2013, 03:47:07 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 04:42:29 AM
So after, technically, birthing the Trilobite on LV-223 she becomes pregnant again

"Draw me like one of your French girls..."

Ok "aborted" then.... still doesn't mean it can't happen.  It shouldn't have happened anyway but it did.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on May 22, 2013, 05:24:03 AM
That's her child.

Nah, the Trilobite is her child. Her child impregnated the Engineer who, in turn, have birth to the Deacon. :P

maledoro

maledoro

I hate it when sequels/prequels have to invent a relative.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: maledoro on May 22, 2013, 05:27:08 PM
I hate it when sequels/prequels have to invent a relative.

Ditto here. It's the 'Scrappy-Doo' effect. Good stories don't need to resort to such contrivances.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Brah, you can't hate on Scrappy-doo.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Here's a sketchy idea that would likely sell:
PROMETHEUS 2 takes place b/w ALIEN and ALIENS - as Lindeloff stated (something I always thought would work actually) - making the PROMETHEUS films run parallel to the ALIEN films, or better yet, as midquels to them.

It's 10 years after ALIEN and Shaw's 39 year old son who barely remembers his mother delves deep into the corporate conspiracy he believes is responsible for covering up his mother's disappearance. This is all triggered after finding all kinds of files about her theories in his late teens.
So then, he joins WEYLAND CORP - NOW, rechristened 'WEYLAND-YUTANI' and weaves his way into a position as some sort of case manager where he can access date files on company employees.
That's how and when he finds information about another possible cover-up - the events on board the Nostromo - and (HERE'S THE CLINCHER) he reaches out to someone else he believes may be in a similar situation - AMANDA RIPLEY McCLAREN and possibly her father, as well. Together they team up and either a) Combat the Company in a film with very little Alien or Engineer content or B) Stowaway on some sort of follow-up mission to LV-223 or LV-426 or better yet, some other planetoid in the Zeta-Reticuli system that reveals another component of just what the Engineers were up to there.

Eventually, it turns out that AMANDA RIPLEY MCCLAREN was killed by the company to 'silence' her knowledge.

You know, I wrote this thinking it was bad, but the more I consider what we might ACTUALLY get, this doesn't sound that terrible. I mean, I know if my parents dissapeared in space during some shady operation, I would certainly investigate for years if need be and it adds a relatable human angle PROMETHEUS lacked. Plus, putting off finding out what happened to SHAW and DAVID,...might add mystery.

You know what, this is just making it all too clear to me that I don't really care to see what happens to those two. Maybe its just me, but some things are better left unsaid and I think keeping what the Engineers are up to, a secret is probably better than explaining it. 

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: CainsSon on May 22, 2013, 06:55:39 PM
Here's a sketchy idea that would likely sell:
PROMETHEUS 2 takes place b/w ALIEN and ALIENS - as Lindeloff stated (something I always thought would work actually) - making the PROMETHEUS films run parallel to the ALIEN films, or better yet, as midquels to them.

It's 10 years after ALIEN and Shaw's 39 year old son who barely remembers his mother delves deep into the corporate conspiracy he believes is responsible for covering up his mother's disappearance. This is all triggered after finding all kinds of files about her theories in his late teens.
So then, he joins WEYLAND CORP - NOW, rechristened 'WEYLAND-YUTANI' and weaves his way into a position as some sort of case manager where he can access date files on company employees.
That's how and when he finds information about another possible cover-up - the events on board the Nostromo - and (HERE'S THE CLINCHER) he reaches out to someone else he believes may be in a similar situation - AMANDA RIPLEY McCLAREN and possibly her father, as well. Together they team up and either a) Combat the Company in a film with very little Alien or Engineer content or B) Stowaway on some sort of follow-up mission to LV-223 or LV-426 or better yet, some other planetoid in the Zeta-Reticuli system that reveals another component of just what the Engineers were up to there.

Eventually, it turns out that AMANDA RIPLEY MCCLAREN was killed by the company to 'silence' her knowledge.

You know, I wrote this thinking it was bad, but the more I consider what we might ACTUALLY get, this doesn't sound that terrible. I mean, I know if my parents dissapeared in space during some shady operation, I would certainly investigate for years if need be and it adds a relatable human angle PROMETHEUS lacked. Plus, putting off finding out what happened to SHAW and DAVID,...might add mystery.

You know what, this is just making it all too clear to me that I don't really care to see what happens to those two. Maybe its just me, but some things are better left unsaid and I think keeping what the Engineers are up to, a secret is probably better than explaining it.

Except Shaw couldn't have children..  Not without the help of black goo modified sperm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed