Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,174 times)

426Buddy

@ David's Creation

Thats funny because ive always felt they were probably all the same super dark print, just that it doesnt bother some people. Never put much stock in the theory that some were good and some were bad.

The trailers were fine, things look properly lit.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 12, 2018, 12:33:22 AM
I have not seen this unrated Blu-ray version. I shall tonight!

Nukiemorph

I just got my replacement set.  I compared the old and new discs.  There is absolutely no difference in the brightness level.

(But Jesse does fall in half like she's supposed to, so money well spent in my bloodthirsty opinion.)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 13, 2018, 02:05:13 AM
I just got my replacement set.  I compared the old and new discs.  There is absolutely no difference in the brightness level.

(But Jesse does fall in half like she's supposed to, so money well spent in my bloodthirsty opinion.)

I don't think there was any difference suggested between blu and blu in regards to brightness (just a difference between dvd to blu), but I agree it's nice to have the 2 dropped scenes restored in the unrated seamless branching.  :)

Vermillion

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 13, 2018, 01:52:11 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c11bae56a74376c2eb089da
Much better. But still has its head shaking moments. 
Btw it was clear for me to see that The shuriken was spinning the wrong way for it to lift the blonde chick off the ground when it hit her. Lol

The part that still gets me to this day is the Alien in the Backyard. And then in the window.  Still scary for me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 13, 2018, 01:00:04 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 13, 2018, 01:52:11 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c11bae56a74376c2eb089da
Much better. But still has its head shaking moments.

Yes, agreed! Still, it's amazing to me how much the combination of the bluray and the the unrated cut improved this movie!

QuoteBtw it was clear for me to see that The shuriken was spinning the wrong way for it to lift the blonde chick off the ground when it hit her. Lol

I disagree!  Actually I pulled out my forensics hat, watched it again frame by frame, and concluded it was indeed spinning the correct way my friend.

Wolf pulled out two Shurikens, one in each hand. The way he threw the Shuriken in his left hand, it would not scoop up a victim.

However, the Shuriken Wolf threw in his right hand was an underhand throw, spun in the correct scooping direction through the Alien, and finished in the correct spin scooping up Jesse against the wall.

QuoteThe part that still gets me to this day is the Alien in the Backyard. And then in the window.  Still scary for me.

Indeed! You knew it was coming but still scary regardless! :o

SM

The shuriken goes up then down and up again.

Confirmed Predator on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2018, 06:24:43 PM

The Old One

The Old One

The hive's construction is excellent.

The laser mines, two plasma casters, the whip.
Wolf's design.

Everything else is pretty much retched.

Vermillion

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2018, 06:24:43 PM

Must have been my old beer googles at work again.

The Cruentus

The plasma pistol wasn't too bad though how the hell it is powered is the question.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it'd be too outlandish for the casters to have some sort of energy reservoir.

SiL

It did have to charge up at least, which it doesn't when it's mounted.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I was fine with it personally.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I like the idea of the Predator's having hand-held energy weapons anyway. I always liked the Plasma Pistols in the AvP games and I do dig the design of Requiem's too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed