Started by AWC 3117, Jan 03, 2008, 07:47:06 AM

Which would you play as?

Colonial Marine
Alien
Author
Marine/Alien (Read 18,833 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I'd like both, but if only one, I'd choose marine.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Marine! ;D

tw3

tw3

I would much rather play as an alien. there are enough games for the marines. but id rather have both

predalien666

predalien666

id would like to play as both as many people would but if the alien was 3rd person and done really good I would prefer it but if the alien is first person then i would rather have marine

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

Marine. The aliens would be a pain to play as.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They had the funnest sp missions in AvP gold.  Were my favorite class in multi in AvP2, and are far and away the most interesting thing in Extinction.

So no, don't agree there.

Xhan

Xhan

The dev's very FIRST blog said the Aliens are the "bad guys" and you won't be playing as them, and I haven't heard different since.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

It was a rhetorical question.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

I rather play Colonial Marines than playing the Aliens.

Xenomorph

Xenomorph

I would wanna play as an alien I've always wanted to try or play the alien experience.

Naissus

Naissus

This is an RPG I really cant see it as an Alien experience.  It will most likely be some obscure human character.  I just cant see the Alien being a playable character in an RPG of the likes of KOTOR or Mass Effect.  It just wouldnt work.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

I would love to see a well done Alien fp game mode done sometime, full alien ability range, movement. But i would go for marines in this one.

AWC 3117

AWC 3117

think oblivion, exept all the people are aliens you can communicate with and you can go to you hive and see your Queen, and protect the hive from danger and stuff like that.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: AWC 3117 on Jun 06, 2008, 02:34:52 AM
think oblivion, exept all the people are aliens you can communicate with and you can go to you hive and see your Queen, and protect the hive from danger and stuff like that.
RPG demands a caracter with "high intelect", meaning that it just can't be a mindless killer. Alioens from the movies are not COMPLETELY mindless killers but definitely not smart enough to travel around, trade items, buy armour... ;)

Seriously, the quests an Alien would be able to do are VERY limited.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Haha, go to the Hive by *instert town name here* and speak to preatorian, ask him to let you into hive to speak with queen.
Queen tells you to go and stop an invasion of a small hive, you be rewarded with....a new dome!! YAY!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed