New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 57,186 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

:D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think I'm gonna draw that. :laugh:

God that lighting looks incredible.  I'm almost going to pony up the cash just to watch the pretty lights.

That Spitter is a decent design with those fail f**king glow sacks and that ridiculous tail.  Looks like Blizzard designed it. :-[  WoWAlien.  But to nitpick the function of the thing, I think I would buy it if it looked like it had a Left4Dead style effect, but unless it does an area-denial thing or slows marines down or something, I fail to see the real game-changing tactical difference other than it does ranged damage.

I can't stand the loping run, either.  Watch the Lurker @ 1:18, looks like a not-very-agile monkey.  Sincerely wish they'd fix that.

It does look fun, but I'm really not feeling very Aliens-movie. :-\  I agree with a lot of the previous posts about the lack of tension.  Looks to me like Marines will be blowing the f**king hell out of everything that moves with relative ease.  Auto-shotguns and SMG's?

I hope their comments about all of this vent-and-wall hiding in darkness action are true, because they sure as hell don't really show that in the vids.  They're all running and screaming action fests with monkey aliens getting blown to all hell with green goo flying around. 

Not sure what to think...

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 01, 2012, 07:32:37 AM
I can't stand the loping run, either.  Watch the Lurker @ 1:18, looks like a not-very-agile monkey.  Sincerely wish they'd fix that.

Yeah, that running animation looks sillier and sillier every time I see it. This is probably my main concern for the aliens. Honestly, I can live with some funky designs here and there, I don't care if the game's fun, but that running animation is just annoying to see now.

The Runner

The Runner

The running animations reminds me of a slow mo galloping constipated gazelle.

And about pouches......why not  a giant fat alien that spits bbq sauce at its prey and stores prey in a chin food pouch. I call it Internecivus raptus pentz. Only weapon is a lipo-suction ray to stop it. Or better yet.....give the pentzalien giant extendable man tits developed from its host

Spoon

Spoon

running on all 4's or on its 2 legs? 

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Spoon on Sep 01, 2012, 12:54:15 PM

Where does it show them running on two legs?

Spoon

Spoon

lol.   I was being a smart ass.   You cant sprint with long limbs like that.  THey spawn off humans and we are not meant to run on all 4's   No matter how they do it, it will look stupid.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Spoon on Sep 01, 2012, 12:54:15 PM

2. It waddles like its host and the closest to being authentic :(

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'd like to confirm a small tidbit of vital information regarding the Lurker in the new escape video. If  you goto 2:04 in the video you see the Lurker running at a marine whilst getting shot in the head.

Look closely to its head before and after getting shot. Notice the change?
I can only come to two conclusions: Either
1. You blow its shell off revealling its skull.
2. Shell hardens and becomes completely black.

This explains the missing title card for the smooth headed alien. But someone told me that the Lurker is the smooth headed alien.

PLEXI

PLEXI

The gallop seems a more realistic way of fast moving while on all fours... but it is just handled so poorly at the moment.  It should only be reserved for when the Xeno is sprinting, that way the body positioning and speed would fit better. Spike looked great in Alien 3, they should maybe take a bit more influence from the locomotion in that movie.  The lack of a strafe animation also makes movement look rather odd.

On a side note, I don't really mind the spitter.  So I'm hoping there will be many more unique classes to play with. Variety is usually a good thing. What bothers me the most is the, almost, backlighting on the Lurker's dome.  It practically glows on its own. Otherwise, I'll probably get the game just for this gamemode lol.  I miss evac.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 01, 2012, 02:21:54 PM
I'd like to confirm a small tidbit of vital information regarding the Lurker in the new escape video. If  you goto 2:04 in the video you see the Lurker running at a marine whilst getting shot in the head.

Look closely to its head before and after getting shot. Notice the change?
I can only come to two conclusions: Either
1. You blow its shell off revealling its skull.
2. Shell hardens and becomes completely black.

This explains the missing title card for the smooth headed alien. But someone told me that the Lurker is the smooth headed alien.

Yea, its generally believed that the lurker (really the drone) from the first movie, evolves into a warrior (second movie). Sheds the dome when it doesn't need it to protect the developing skull. Nice pointing that out tho, I missed it the first time. Gotta rewatch.

predxeno

predxeno

I thought the Lurker was the Runner, not the Drone. :(

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Nosways hosays  :laugh: Its def Kane's son. There's a screenie of it somewhere where it has the skull underneath, the more human-like teeth and the tendons, especially are a big giveaway.

predxeno

predxeno

Didn't the Runner from Alien 3 also have a skull underneath?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It had a ridged pattern (basically the design of the Jungle Aliens in AVP 2010), but no eye sockets or actual skull.

The aliens in Rez and AvP also have a subtle ridged design under the translucent dome.

So far though, the only aliens with actual skulls beneath are Kane's son, and....sigh...the Predalien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed