New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,304 times)

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Is there an actual animated movie of AVP?if so I wouldn't mind having that for my collection.For all you guys arguing over the 'HONOR' thing I think they have some kind of honor code that depends on the type,size,physicality and threat of the prey at hand.Now to compare them to the Samurai culture isnt really the most correct thing to compare them to,I agree with PSYCHOMORPH when he compared there honor code with more barbarian like characteristics and to even go as far as to say there ways are almost perverted like in nature(spine ripping and skull collecting).But I also agree with THE REAL PREDATOR when he says they derive EXTREAM pleasure from there kills.I believe that they are also ADRENALIN JUNKIES, thats why they fiend to hunt the prey that will offer up the most challenge and risk.Thats also why they pass up the "weaker" less dangerous prey(little kids,pregnant women,unarmed people-prey).You also see this theory made to fact in the upcoming AVP movie, how they modified the Predator vision so that they can see 'into' there prey to see if they are even worthy enough to be killed(seeing there insides-organs-muscles how physicaly advanced they are).If they don't meet there hunting standards they will prob. be passed up.   ???  P.S to Izzet I'm glad you didnt take my comments offensive or personal and I also agree with you in that the ALIEN  is by far the better looking and designed.But I also Love the look and style if the PREDATOR AND LOVE TO DRAW BOTH CHARACTERS LIKE THE GODS THEY ARE   ;D     ;D  

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Bringer of Death wrote: "I believe that they are also ADRENALIN JUNKIES, thats why they fiend to hunt the prey that will offer up the most challenge and risk."  Absolutely, as in the first predator movie said: "they come of the thrill of the hunt". It

Ninja

Ninja

Lasting impression from this featurette:  "Holy crap!  Preds have EYEBROWS!!"    :)   Anderson wasn't kidding when he said that the faces of the predators were going to be better articulated

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I agree with you again there PSYCHOMORPH, the original helmets do look stranger more alienesk but I also liked a lot of the more complex and articulate masks the Preds were wearing in the second film and in AVP it shows they have different tastes and characteristic to seperate one from the other, wich in hand shows that there thinking is alot more diverse and creative than just having bloodlust and 'trophies'on there minds.They might actualy have a sense of style   :)  

shakermakerman

yes bringer of death, theres a fan film made of aliens vs predator i got the trailer of kazaa . but i read something on planetavp that the fan got some bother off fox about it.. i just seen batman dead end wich has aliens and predators in it i thought it was ok... and theres an other fan made film of a v p coming out wich is based on the film.. but any way the creatures look fantastic in this.. ps i think the predators look better and the different helmets are for rank, we dont want them all to look the same do we.. that bloke in the pred suits a big lad aint he lol

Dallas

Dallas

I agree with you IZZET, and i think the Alien is the best designed movie monster of all time. Even ways better than the pred! BUT: on all the avp pictures the predator is a little bit  more detailed than the alien and he look better than the alien here. its a little bit sad that ADI doesnt change the look of the xenos from Resurrection and take it to AvP. They should go back to the first ultimate Gigerstyle!!!

ALIENS

ALIENS

i hope the predator use more hand to hand combat with the aliens in the movie,i want to see a predator pick up a alien a throw it through a F___king wall!, i want to see some heavy duty action in this film DAMMIT!   >:D  

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

To SHAKERMAKER I agree with Preds having diff. helmets for rank.My opinion is that the larger and more extravagant the armarment the higher 'rank' or 'seniority' the Pred has in the clan.Like in PRED 2 the clan Leader/Elder had lots of skulls/trophies strung all over his upper body and his Plasm Caster was much larger and more off-set than the others, also his laser guide was set on the caster rather than on his helmet.The LEAD Pred in AVP seems to be going with a 'LARGER Plasma caster than the others, it almost looks as if he has 2 of them on his back unless this is just the " LARGEST OF THE 'LASER' CANNONS" that Tom Woodruff talks about in the featurette.We'll have to wait and see I guess.   ;D     ;D     ;D 

@Dallas....You are 100% right with everything you said up there,I couldn't agree more about the design of the Aliens in AVP.They are just a modified version of the shity designed ALIEN RESURECTION models, wich 'licked ball sac'.Gigers is by far the superior version of them all but I also really like Camerons idea to remove the transparent 'dome' off of the heads of the Alien.It really looks bad-ass and freakier I think when you see there bony membrain like heads rather than there smooth ones.I believe that they loose there 'domes' after a certain time when there are done maturing,It acts like a 'helmet of some sorts to protect there membrain underneath until mature enough.Thats just my opinion not fact.To SHAKERMAKER do you know if those movies are still downloadable on Kazza?   ??? 

Aliminator

Aliminator

i think predators DO HAVE code of honor, i mean in the first predator movie, very last scene, when the predator fought Dutch without high-tech weapons. JUST HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT.  also, he previously used high-tech weapons to HUNT, I MEAN HELLO!!!!! THERE IS NO HONOR IN HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN WHO NOW WOULD HUNT A LION OR AN ELEPHANT WITH FISTS, SPEAR, AXE, ETC....  just my opnion   ;D  .......peace, every avp fan.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Another good example of Predators being somewhat modeled after the samurai, is suicide. Commiting "seppuku" as it is known.  Disgrace and defeat were atoned by committing hara-kiri or seppuku in the samurai culture, among other things, and even though the Predators don't stab themselves (which was their form of self destruction) the Predator does so in a literal sense of those two words, but can take his enemy with him. A kind of, "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me." It serves as different mechanisms of defeat, but the general idea is there.

Growler

Growler

Damn, this is a long debate about honor, helmets, and Alien comparisons. It's pretty much all a matter of opinion or best guesses when it comes to these issuses.  So i'll offer mine for poops and giggles.    Honor and Predators:  I don't think it matters as to how we look at them.  It's what the Predators think of themselves.  They prefer to hunt with some tactics we find pathetic, while other methods you might say admirable.  For they're not so prized targets, they seem to go with the element of surprise.  Snipering from a distance or jumping into a moving subway train or slaughter house while it's all dark and everyon'e confused. Then he gets man to man, and that's when it gets honorable.  When he fights someone or something that won't give up the fight till either one of them falls. They honor themselves with pride.  The trophy cases speak for themselves. Now the end of Predator 2 is debatible.  You could say the dragging of the dead pred was in some honorable ceremonial fashion.  But you could also say that well, maybe those 2 that carried the body away were close friends of the fallen.   We can't really know until we actually see what goes on in a Predator society.  Predator Helmets: It could be an indication of rank, could also be a self esteem boost.  They might think, "well my mask is better cause it stunned this many people i was killing than yours did."  Ha yeah right.  Well there's definately an indication that some Predators can be creative, probably designing their own masks if they just wanted to.  I mean how many of you guys try to alter their appearance if all of you were wearing the same damn thing as everybody else?  So it could just very well be the Predators are their own individuals, and the masks distinctly shows it.  Aliens:  They never stay with the same design thru the years do they?    You know, it doesn't really bother me how much they change, just as long as they remain scary.       Aliens and Predator both go for the element of surprise.  That's what makes these 2 creatures worth watching.  You know they're there.  You know they want to kill you.  You just don't know when they'll strike.

Dallas

Dallas

@Bringer Of Death: Thats a brilliant Idea....i mean your thoughts with the Alien Dome. I wish they would take this to the Movies.  There is another Point wich make me a litlle bit angry. Iam a big Predfriend too, but iam really pissed off about some Predfans who allways keep the Alienrespect down. I mean all that AvP-Stuff, Games Comics ect. is based on ALIEN. Even the whole Plot of the upcomming Movie is more a Alienorientated thing. John McTiernan shows his respect for the Alien on the Predator-SE and he is the Maker of the ultimate Huntermovie.  So i wish that the Fans show a little more respect to each other. This Movie is for Both sides.

izzet

izzet

Exactly Dallas, im a big fan of Predator too, but i wish pred fans showed more respect for the Aliens. Predator might not even existed if it wasnt for the success of Aliens released a year before Predator. Alien kickstarted the sci-fi/horror genre and Fox made Predator because they knew this genre was successful.

Dallas

Dallas

Nice to have someone in here who understand what its all about the Alien and the Predator ;-)  I mean not all of the Fans are like i said before. I have some Friends, Predfans and Alienfans.  The Predfans have all the Alienmovies and the Alienfans have all the Predmovies too. I mean there is not so much difference between the quality of them that someone can say i like the Predators but i hate Aliens. Of course this Kind of Kiddies do exist (Lol) but for me its absolutely Bullshit!  For me the Alien is more a Classic, and the Pred is a realy cool Badass.

shakermakerman

to BRINGER OF DEATH i only got the trailer for the anime its hard to get    >:D     >:D   but i here theres colonial marines elite force film u can down load but u need divx for it have you seen batman dead end? thats not a bad fan film thats easy to get hold of all u need is quicktime.PS the aliens will look better on film have faith but....GIGER ROCKS... I think its the alien sholders that give it away   >:D   but on film they will look fantastic PS PS it look like on one alien head that he gets court in a pred net bless him ahhhhhhhh

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed