New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 157,876 times)

SM

The Old One

The Old One

Right.

Evanus

Right, well I hope not! I want a new Alien game. Something prequel related would be cool.

Perfect-Organism

Those moments when Fifield and the other guy were lost in the juggernaut and a ping was detected were almost terrifying.  It was the last time I felt true alienness from the films.  That notion that you did not know what was coming next.  What creatures may lurk in the dark besides the aliens.  That was a great feel!  If they can bundle that vibe into a video game, I'm in.

acrediblesource

Worlds will change only means, to me, that buy outs of some very very awesome game engines to be used for the franchise. And the use of it almost precludes it's success if done right. But then again, its always been that way, unfortunately thats where budgets get spent and stupid shit.

Can you imagine, if GTFO ended up becoming Alien:Blackout? That would be awesome!!

Nostromo

Alien: Blackout?

Sounds like something in the Alien Isolation world, I hope it would be a tie in with Alien Resistance and Amanda Ripley and the new crew from Defiance. Something with a Prometheus world tie in as well, maybe.

Corporal Hicks

Nostromo

Can't wait, looking to get back into some serious gaming, yes even at 44 lol...Hopefully some cool new or franchise Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi/Horror games come out in '19.

Eurisko

I hope You're right, I really do.

JokersWarPig

I'm just hoping this new title, since it's an FPS will have the USCM. Hopefully they'll look as accurate as the models from ACM did.

LV-12986

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 27, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
I'm just hoping this new title, since it's an FPS will have the USCM. Hopefully they'll look as accurate as the models from ACM did.

They'll probably look leagues better. Credit where credit is due, though: A:CM remembered some of the little details in the movie models.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 27, 2018, 05:07:41 PM
Can't wait, looking to get back into some serious gaming, yes even at 44 lol...Hopefully some cool new or franchise Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi/Horror games come out in '19.

Nostromo, you look just like I feel!  Exact same age.  I feel the same guilt, though I play extremely rarely and I'm very selective.  I thoroughly enjoy the fear associated with Aliens games and when I get into a new one,... I get into it.

Nostromo

I blame AVP2 for getting addicted lol. Hoping for a blend of that and a blend of Isolation.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 25, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 25, 2018, 07:18:59 AM
Via Matt on Twitter >> https://twitter.com/MattFiler/status/953783890744881152

Where'd that come from mate?

If you notice, I tweeted that back in January on the first official announcement. Got excited about the news and did some digging around. Here are a few of the sources for that info...

"...we put together a pitch, built a great prototype, got fully-funded, and are now building an unstoppable team. We're working hard on a AAA online action game that is literally out of this world..." (December 2016)

You may also say that image is not verified to be from the Alien game which is a fair shout, but it's from the CEO of Cold Iron who as far as we know is only working on this Alien title, and likely nothing else since they're only a small studio. It was posted in June 2017 when they'd have been at least 6/7 months (likely more by the wording of the previous quote) into development. It mentions final art for some sections of map so clearly it was quite far along even back then.

There were a few more sources if you want me to dig them out, but I think that's enough to prove the info is trustworthy!

Good work! I noticed someone from Cold Iron(Matt) had liked the post. May mean nothin'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed