Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 31, 2016, 12:13:06 AM

Author
Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!! (Read 33,643 times)

stroggificated

Game over, man. Game over.

juxtapose

it's fynny how this post has gone from super happy and optimistic to downright depressing. . Cheer up people. .if 4chan guys spoilers are true. . It still sounds like a very decent movie to me . .in the end they can't please everyone and it could have been a hell of a lot worse. .just go read that prometheus 2 script from the so called time traveler. .

Enoch

Enoch

Trust me on this. I havent believed it myself till now... :) They are completely true.

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 01:17:07 PM
Trust me on this. I havent believed it myself till now... :) They are completely true.

I'm not bothered. Interested in philosophy? Read books bro. Besides, Covenant is the first part of the upcoming trilogy so these themes might be addressed in next movies.

Enoch

Enoch

Philosophy... I m interested in undertones and smarter storytelling.
I do not say Covenant will not contain non of these, but I m certainly
bothered with the fact that we wont get any relevant answers. They
simply deleted all those elements they found difficult to provide the answers for.
And again we ll hear that phrase... "maybe the next one will refer those questions
and provide some clues..."

juxtapose

. .4chan guy says the suits are bulky and no bubble helmets. . Yet their is a bubble helmet in the trailer. . So i am still not convinced all he says is true. .

Necronomicon II

^ Lol, yep, Daniels' helmet, which is my favourite so far. Anyway, Haag said there are "a ton of answers". Now showing the answers is much better than some info dumping, though I think David might wax philosophically a little; some sinister, Miltonian quips perhaps, otherwise, yeah, I just want a good Alien film to be honest.

Enoch

Enoch

As a true Alien fan, I wasn't speaking about finite answers... we all want to have something to really reinvigorate and amplify the mystery behind Xeno and behind Engineers because they introduced them poorly in Prometheus. Even the introduction of Engineers could serve as a great story tool for indirect introduction or perhaps hint of some far more sinister and incomprehensible force somewhere in the universe. Engineers and the current state of things in Alien universe do not add to the mystery of the Alien and Jockey, they  simply diminish that very mystery. Ridley spoke about that ultimate God/creative force  (I dont want the finite answer but I crave for some cool hints), so that reassured me he intends to introduce something completely new and mysterious. He cant make Alien scarier... he simply can not do that, but he can create far more sinister Universe... and with that, Xeno will automatically become far more creepier and mystery will be refreshed.

Ultramorph

Asked Sagardoa about the mortality/immortality theme. Interested to see what he says.

Samhain13

Quote"We're not just a random biological accident," he insisted. "For you and I to be sitting here right now [by accident] would take trillions of correct decisions to be made randomly by nature, which of course is ridiculous.
Damm Ridley is completely ignorant to how evolution works, he may know how to make movies but in regards for science he have the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

Ingwar

Sagardoa and 4chan haven't seen the final cut. Besides 4chan doesn't look like die-hard Alien fan so perhaps he didn't pay attention enough to the details.

Stolen

You should not worry about spoilers. Stay away from this. At worst it will influence your judgment.

There are tons of people who don't like Prometheus and find the story stupid ...
this is not the case of Enoch for example, you love the whole mystery surrounding Prometheus. Just to say that nobody feels the same in front of the pictures or the story.

Ingwar

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2016, 03:01:37 PM
Quote"We're not just a random biological accident," he insisted. "For you and I to be sitting here right now [by accident] would take trillions of correct decisions to be made randomly by nature, which of course is ridiculous.
Damm Ridley is completely ignorant to how evolution works, he may know how to make movies but in regards for science he have the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

Agree ;D. I like Ridley but sometimes he crosses the line.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

You know sometimes I think that you guys purposely want to depress yourselves!!

Example:

The planet has gray sky. GRAY SKY... OH MAN CHILDHOOD RUINED!!!! :laugh:

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2016, 03:01:37 PM

And how does the evolution work... enlighten us 12 year old guys?...

I always thought evolution is a PROCESS... and using analogy I deducted
that the process comes after the object upon that process takes effect... SO... explain how
Ridley is wrong... There needs to be a life in order to have evolution, not other way around. Evolution
is not a process of creating life but a process of changing and transforming that life form or object, sometimes for
the better and sometimes not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed