New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 156,692 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 11:42:28 AM
Alien Game from FoxNext and Cold Iron Studios Confirmed to be "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

Alien Destiny

$60 US Dollars base game
$20 Expansion
$20 Expansion
$40 Expansion
$30 'Annual Pass'

Destiny's the worst.
"MMO-shooter" structure.
It's narrative is a joke.
"That Wizard came from the Moon."
When it has a narrative.
"I could tell you about the Traveller."

Gameplay grindfest that manipulates
it's customers into paying for in-game items.

Please, please no.
Not that.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not a fan of Destiny myself - got bored quite quickly - but as always, I'll give it a go before I make my mind up. Hopefully it'll avoid pitfalls of that genre.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

For me mmo shooter equate to grinding, repetitive gameplay and bulletsponge enemies coupled with mircotransactions.

But maybe Cold Iron put together something really great. Iam definitely looking forward to a new shooter in the Alien universe and will give it a shot anyway.

Agreed!

I agree but since I love the alien franchise I'll play it till I get bored. Just like I did with Destiny 👍

Nostromo

Untitled Alien game by Cold Iron Studios will be massive online shooter!

Right...right....illegal Aliens...

TheSailingRabbit

If this means I can play with some of you guys in the future, I'm in.

Vrastal

I hope you can play as an alien too  its been too long since a good playable alien perspective was done. Colonial marines multiplayer was ok i just hated not being able to play as just an alien.

Avp2010 was ok but i didnt like it as much as avp2.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 08, 2019, 01:20:01 PM
I hope you can play as an alien too  its been too long since a good playable alien perspective was done. Colonial marines multiplayer was ok i just hated not being able to play as just an alien.

Yeah, the ability to play as an Alien would be fantastic. I hope that's something they're taking on board.

razeak

I enjoyed Destiny as a single player experience to play through the crappy story. The missions were still fun if a bit repetitive. I never got into the raiding very much. My big take is I have literally played through Colonial Marines 3 or 4 dozen times because my 5 year old loved it so much even though I didn't like it. I spent a quite a bit of time playing the multiplayer modes and bug hunt which were good (all of this is post patches). At the very least I may have to give it a run, but not until I see some user reviews.

The same goes for Blackout. I have little hope it's going to be good, but it could surprise us and be at least decent.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Massively Multiplayer seems... off, for Alien. I like the genre, Destiny is fun, but Alien (in all of its various styles and incarnations) is about a sense of claustrophobia.

I'll remain open to info (we still don't know anything yet, so I can't really judge), but something with the makings of an MMO in this universe does have me a bit wary.

Vrastal

Id be fine if they brought back some of the old play styles, mainly evac, survivor, tdm,  capture the flag. But i reaaaaallly dont want to see battle royal as ths main game/selling point

Whiskeybrewer

JokersWarPig

I guess it could have big maps but also have a claustrophobic feeling. The Division did this pretty well when you'd get pursued by more and more enemies who wouldn't really give up unless they were killed. So just replace the bad guys shooting at you with various aliens perusing you.

Alienon

It can be like AvP, but without Predators. AvE. Alien vs Engineer. Three factions: marines, aliens, engineers.

Still Collating...

MMO? That's interesting. There's a lot of danger with that genre though, so they better make it good. If successful, it could be very good for the franchise and create a nice playerbase. I'd like to have playable aliens, good controls/performance/smooth online gameplay and no microtransactions, please... Some nice AI and no bullet sponges would be grate too.

I'd have never thought in a million years that Alien would be getting a MMO. I hope they learned from the mistakes of previous examples. I for one can't wait to see a trailer or screenshot. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed