Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,739 times)

j0nesy

j0nesy

think i remember reading something on their site saying they manually approve and send out the ballots on specific days; i got mine on sunday, so maybe yours will come this sunday  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Didn't win :'(

Robbery!

Corporal Hicks

That's a shame. Though I am now wondering if any of the books have won any recognition?

Katanu

Katanu

Just got this book, and I plan to start reading it today.
Hope its good!

426Buddy

426Buddy

You sir... are in for a treat.

Corporal Hicks

Here, here!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 15, 2020, 08:56:51 PM
Just got this book, and I plan to start reading it today.
Hope its good!

Corporal Hicks

Out. Get out now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Like, whether you enjoy the genre or not (I'm not the biggest fan of sword-and-shield stuff), saying it's a bad book is just grossly inaccurate. It's very well-written.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2020, 10:15:24 AM
Out. Get out now.

Do I get banned for that ?

Corporal Hicks

I'm mighty tempted.  :P

The Cruentus

Should I beat him with my stick of re-education?  :laugh:

Katanu

Katanu

I'm 13 chapters in. Couldn't stop reading last night, and would have kept reading if I didn't have to work today.
So far I'm really enjoying it. I've always defended that Alien belongs in space, in ship corridors, in other planet's terraforming colonies. They look silly in a modern day small town (I'm looking at you, AvP-R), and Aliens in a medieval world could turn out to be something really corny. To me, Predator was always the one that had the potential to be moved around into different settings and time periods to give us some really cool stories.
Well, Aliens Phalanx so far is proving me wrong. Maybe because its really well written. Can't wait to go back to it after work.

Also, I started this book assuming it would take place on Earth, in the past. But now I know that's not the case, hope the book gives more details on that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 16, 2020, 12:28:15 PM
Should I beat him with my stick of re-education?  :laugh:

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 16, 2020, 01:45:30 PM
Also, I started this book assuming it would take place on Earth, in the past. But now I know that's not the case, hope the book gives more details on that.

You'll get the details. Don't worry.  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 16, 2020, 01:45:30 PM

You sir... are in for another treat :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed