New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022

Started by Engineer, Mar 29, 2022, 10:01:41 PM

Author
New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022 (Read 73,212 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Gimme dat last prequel.

Nukiemorph

Rise of Skywalker had lots of gaps that needed to be filled by reading their Star Wars encyclopedia.

Can't help but wonder if they'll throw some prequel-resolving answers into this before moving the franchise onto other things...

(Probably not though. I'll be surprised if David is ever mentioned in any medium again.)

Still Collating...

I'm thrilled with this news! I love all the in universe books about lore and stuff like that. WY report was nice, David's drawings are great and the RPG books are the Holy Grail of lore IMO. Please I hope Gaska is involved in this! And I hope the book is extra thick!

TheBATMAN

Very happy with this too.

Although curious considering there's a significant possibility that both the new tv series and film could be ignoring current established lore.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 30, 2022, 07:02:29 AM
Could this be an expansion upon, or based upon the lore the RPG uses? Here's hoping!

x2! With the excellent job the RPG has done in establishing a cohesive Alien universe from a lore standpoint, and things like Fireteam Elite and upcoming Titan books using that lore and only helping to make everything feel more tied-in and expansive, I really hope that this likewise uses and expands on that same lore.

And yeah, if it does (and does a really good job of it) it's only going to make me even more annoyed if the upcoming show just ignores and contradicts it completely. :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

It's the way of the world.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 31, 2022, 07:31:51 AMCan't help but wonder if they'll throw some prequel-resolving answers into this before moving the franchise onto other things...

(Probably not though. I'll be surprised if David is ever mentioned in any medium again.)

Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are explicitly mentioned in the description here, though with this being written from an in-universe POV, I'd imagine the 'author' of the in-universe text wouldn't be privy to knowledge of David creating the Alien, and thus the book likely won't take a firm stance on that, or on David's post-Covenant whereabouts, etc.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2022, 08:22:26 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. I really dig the in-universe style that WYR went for and I'm curious to see if this'll also take Titan's own contributions into account.
I;m betting it's movies-only again, like WYR.

WYR was a bit of a disappointment but I understand why they did it the way they did. It's a surface-level coffee table book, it's not a deep-cut franchise love letter like the RPG.

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 01, 2022, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2022, 08:22:26 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. I really dig the in-universe style that WYR went for and I'm curious to see if this'll also take Titan's own contributions into account.
I;m betting it's movies-only again, like WYR.

WYR was a bit of a disappointment but I understand why they did it the way they did. It's a surface-level coffee table book, it's not a deep-cut franchise love letter like the RPG.
The WYR had references to some EU. Not much, but a little. The timeline has isolation on it, for example...

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 01, 2022, 02:44:46 AM
Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are explicitly mentioned in the description here, though with this being written from an in-universe POV, I'd imagine the 'author' of the in-universe text wouldn't be privy to knowledge of David creating the Alien, and thus the book likely won't take a firm stance on that, or on David's post-Covenant whereabouts, etc.
True, but if they really wanted to take the opportunity, they could.

The writer could describe how & where David's defunct body was found and report what was in his memory banks.

Quick, cheap, & dirty way to wrap up the prequels before moving on.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Apr 02, 2022, 01:03:28 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 01, 2022, 02:44:46 AM
True, but if they really wanted to take the opportunity, they could.

The writer could describe how & where David's defunct body was found and report what was in his memory banks.

Quick, cheap, & dirty way to wrap up the prequels before moving on.

Memory banks? You're implying the LV-426 Space Jockey corpse has memory banks? ;)

Nukiemorph

Colonial Marshal

I am looking forward to this! I have bene enjoying the novels and comics recently but I keep looking for more inverse ''non-fiction'', and there really isn't much of it, which is a shame! I did manage to get a copy of 'The Colonial Marines Technical Manual' which I remember from when I was younger and it holds up. We need more books like these to really add to the diversity of ALIEN related literature.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Colonial Marshal on Apr 09, 2022, 09:59:22 PM
I am looking forward to this! I have bene enjoying the novels and comics recently but I keep looking for more inverse ''non-fiction'', and there really isn't much of it, which is a shame! I did manage to get a copy of 'The Colonial Marines Technical Manual' which I remember from when I was younger and it holds up. We need more books like these to really add to the diversity of ALIEN related literature.

As far as "in universe" pieces go, the David's Drawings art book compiling David's pieces from his work in his ten years on the Engineers' world is excellent.

Xenomrph

The Alien blueprints book is excellent too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed