brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,245 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 02, 2011, 10:07:34 PM
I also notice that the chestburster depicted is the old 'chicken' design that was thrown out, or very similar to it.

Yeees, the 'turkey-burster'... You'll also note the old facehugger design, too. Not sure if it was the cyclops one.

Quote from: Gash on Dec 03, 2011, 03:32:22 AM
Ok I get that, but it's an association that should be played down IMHO. It's an unhappy marriage that only tarnishes a classic film. I've never been able to see the 'Alien/Predator universe' as the same thing, anymore than I see the Abbott and Costello films being related to the classic Universal Horror flicks.

So, you want us to not only rename the site and get a completely different URL, but purge the entire site of all 'Predator' and AVP material in general - including exclusive interviews and articles?

Yeah, not gonna' happen... ;)

Should also point out the Alien skull in 'Predator 2'.

AVP, as a concept, isn't anything particularly wrong. It just hasn't been portrayed/executed right yet. If someone like Scott or Cameron had money thrown at them to do it, they'd probably make something terribly atmospheric most of us would applaud and the very first original comic was very much in the spirit of the 'Alien'-verse.

Downplaying one side of the equation, just because of two mediocre films? Meh... 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' weren't exactly classic masterpieces, either.

If you don't care for the Predator stuff, then just stick to the Alien-related sections. Best of both worlds! No pun intended. :)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 01, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
Anyone else notice the runes or hieroglyphs in the human face?

The character depicted in the Giger hieroglyph looks suspiciously like a Space Jockey to me.....and didn't Lindelof just tweet that image saying that it would be important in Prometheus? If you think about it, while looking at Gigers image.....it shows a man or something in a pyramid being impregnated by something from an egg..,.at this point that something doesn't have to automatically be a Xeno as we know them...it could be anything, and the modus aperandi is egg-facehugger-unknown creature.

The hieroglyphics originally had humanoid astronauts but then Giger did change the face of the astronauts to make them like the Space Jockey's race once it was to be placed aboard the derelict

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 03, 2011, 01:56:58 PM
So, you want us to not only rename the site and get a completely different URL, but purge the entire site of all 'Predator' and AVP material in general - including exclusive interviews and articles?

You can do what you like I'm just surprised there isn't an   A   L   I   E   N   forum that isn't lumbered with Predator.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 03, 2011, 01:56:58 PMShould also point out the Alien skull in 'Predator 2'.

Should I point out the chestburster in a Jar in Mindwarp, or the chestburster in Spaceballs?

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 03, 2011, 01:56:58 PMAVP, as a concept, isn't anything particularly wrong. It just hasn't been portrayed/executed right yet. If someone like Scott or Cameron had money thrown at them to do it, they'd probably make something terribly atmospheric most of us would applaud and the very first original comic was very much in the spirit of the 'Alien'-verse.

No idea, but Ridley wouldn't tie his classic to Predator.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 03, 2011, 01:56:58 PMDownplaying one side of the equation, just because of two mediocre films? Meh... 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' weren't exactly classic masterpieces, either.

You can add Aliens to that list, for the moment I'll accept Alien 3 as the best of a bad bunch. Prometheus is the best hope after a 32 year wait.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 03, 2011, 01:56:58 PMIf you don't care for the Predator stuff, then just stick to the Alien-related sections. Best of both worlds! No pun intended. :)

I do.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gash on Dec 03, 2011, 02:46:34 PM
You can do what you like I'm just surprised there isn't an   A   L   I   E   N   forum that isn't lumbered with Predator.
There are Alien specific boards, in case you hadn't noticed, cleverly hidden under the title "ALIEN Films."  There are also plenty of people on the site that prefer one or the other.  Everyone here doesn't come around strictly for the oh-so-awesome AvP franchise. [/sarcasm]

You can add Aliens to that list, for the moment I'll accept Alien 3 as the best of a bad bunch. Prometheus is the best hope after a 32 year wait.
All following comments from you will now be taken with the biggest grain of salt I can possibly imagine.

And I can imagine quite a big one.

Gash

Gash

Likewise.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

ALIEN 3 is brilliant with some major missteps. I'm a HUGE 3 fan. It's probably Sigourney's best performance of Ripley by the way. I love how desloate and hopeless it is. BUT......What ruins all of that for me is the actual execution of the creature effects which bring me out of the story right away....yeah yeah Clemens was killed way too soon and there's some poor editing, but by in large, it's entirely underrated.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

If you don't care for the Predator stuff, then just stick to the Alien-related sections. Best of both worlds! No pun intended. :)

You point to the Alien skull in Predator 2 but when has a proper Alien film made a reference to Predator?  The answer is never.

It pisses me off to no end that because some franchise that I have no interest in made a reference to a franchise that I adore; I'm now expected to accept that they're one and the same.  They're not and I don't.

Frankly, anyone who thinks that Predator is canonical to Alien is kidding themselves.  Let's take a look at the atmosphere of the original entry in both series...

Alien - Serious and highly believable with dialogue that could almost come from the mouth of a real person.

Predator - Arnie throws a knife at a guy, pinning him to a wall and quips "stick around".

...How do those two elments gel?  THEY DON'T.

Predator fanboys = the bane of my life.

Anyone who accepts the two series as being one whole are primarily (or certainly strong) fans of Predator.  Absolutely no people who are primarily fans of Alien support this idea and that's what annoys me; it's us Alien fans who get the short straw.

I know that my post is going to piss off a few people (and I dare say please a few more) and that's fine.  You keep your favoured franchise and I'll keep mine, let's just not confuse them as being one and the same.

I'm certainly not asking for this site to ignore the Predator or AVP films, I just want certain people to actually recognise that each series is kept in its own section within the forum.  I come here to talk about the Alien series, so it's incredibly irritating whenever the Predator uses his cloak and stealthily sneaks his way into this section of the forum.

I've managed to avoid discussing this issue ever since being a member but I guess that having a hangover today finally pushed me over the edge.

Rant over.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: RagingDragon on Dec 03, 2011, 03:00:18 PM
There are Alien specific boards, in case you hadn't noticed, cleverly hidden under the title "ALIEN Films."  There are also plenty of people on the site that prefer one or the other.  Everyone here doesn't come around strictly for the oh-so-awesome AvP franchise. [/sarcasm]

All following comments from you will now be taken with the biggest grain of salt I can possibly imagine.

And I can imagine quite a big one.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/SciFi%20Character%20Tourney/HanSolo.jpg

Exactly. I love both species but we don't have seperate boards just for shits and giggles.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

There needs to be a SERIOUS Prometheus/Alien site started up, just encapsulating the ALIEN saga itself, no mention or reference to Predators.

I actually enjoy the Predator films, but like so many, the marriage of the two is vomit-inducing mediocrity. But, here I am on the AvP Galaxy forum...because there's no other place to be right now. I'm waiting patiently however for a site as serious as this, devoted to the Alien Universe (with cool as shit design) to be born as we await the release of Prometheus.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 03, 2011, 03:42:38 PM

You point to the Alien skull in Predator 2 but when has a proper Alien film made a reference to Predator?  The answer is never.

It pisses me off to no end that because some franchise that I have no interest in made a reference to a franchise that I adore; I'm now expected to accept that they're one and the same.  They're not and I don't.

Frankly, anyone who thinks that Predator is canonical to Alien is kidding themselves.  Let's take a look at the atmosphere of the original entry in both series...

Alien - Serious and highly believable with dialogue that could almost come from the mouth of a real person.

Predator - Arnie throws a knife at a guy, pinning him to a wall and quips "stick around".

...How do those two elments gel?  THEY DON'T.

Predator fanboys = the bane of my life.

Anyone who accepts the two series as being one whole are primarily (or certainly strong) fans of Predator.  Absolutely no people who are primarily fans of Alien support this idea and that's what annoys me; it's us Alien fans who get the short straw.

I know that my post is going to piss off a few people (and I dare say please a few more) and that's fine.  You keep your favoured franchise and I'll keep mine, let's just not confuse them as being one and the same.

I'm certainly not asking for this site to ignore the Predator or AVP films, I just want certain people to actually recognise that each series is kept in its own section within the forum.  I come here to talk about the Alien series, so it's incredibly irritating whenever the Predator uses his cloak and stealthily sneaks his way into this section of the forum.

I've managed to avoid discussing this issue ever since being a member but I guess that having a hangover today finally pushed me over the edge.

Rant over.

I agree with you that it would be totally idiotic to have references to Predator in Prometheus. Only someone as tasteless as Paul WS Anderson would even think of doing that and I'm pretty certain Ridley wont stoop to that level of silliness.

Personally I'm one of the Predator fanboys that you say are the 'bane of your life'

I love Alien, yet I'm also a huge fan of Predator (the 1st instalment)

Alien is far more of a cerebral, 'arty', 'intelligent', innovative, thoughtful, multi layered movie and has 'masterpiece' written all over it. Massively influential and one of those genre defining pieces that are given the epithet 'important'. The stuff that Film degree dissertations are made of.

On the other side of the coin, Predator is an all out testosterone fest of explosive comic book violence and generic square jawed steroidal heroes

I appreciate both movies for what they are and am completely aware of how different they are yet both are well and truly in the top 5 of my all time favourite films list.

Like you I hope there is absolutely not even the vaguest or obscurest of references or 'nods' to Predator in Prometheus
Hell...I dont even think therell be any 'Giger' Aliens in Prometheus either, and I'm perfectly happy with that likelihood

From Ridleys public comments on AVP I dont think anything of the sort will happen, and I'm extremely happy for that

To all those hoping to see Predators in Prometheus, why stop there ?
Why not make it a Batman vs Predator vs The Joker vs Aliens vs Darth Maul vs Alf vs Robocop movie...........how 'cool' would that be ?!!!..............NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

If you see the word Predator in an Aliens only forum, close your eyes.
Actually, any topic about Predators in an Aliens forum would be moved to the correct forum. If you have to talk about both of them at the same time, you have the AvP forums and the general discussion forums.

I'm sure Prometheus will birth a new and separate franchise. I would accept the Prometheus franchise to be a part of the Alien franchise. I, personally, think that the Alien universe is bigger than the Predator universe. Events of both movie franchises have happened in the Alien universe, according to me.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 03, 2011, 03:42:38 PMI know that my post is going to piss off a few people (and I dare say please a few more) and that's fine.

Pleased!  ;)

Alien is Mozart. Predator is, I dunno, Motley Crue.

Also, rasslin' isn't real.  :D

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Please stop. This thread is turning into an Aliens vs Predator brawl.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Let's stick to the topic at hand. Alien versus Predator is all over the site already ;)

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 03, 2011, 06:05:55 PM
Let's stick to the topic at hand. Alien versus Predator is all over the site already ;)

To return to the topic's subject we need new pack of the brand new official pictures  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed