Looking for Transcriber for Interviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2019, 10:59:48 AM

Author
Looking for Transcriber for Interviews (Read 4,039 times)

Corporal Hicks

I have enough on listening to my voice over and over again while I edit the podcasts so I was hoping someone might be interested in helping out with transcribing the various interviews we've done on the podcasts? Not all of them, just some of the ones over the last couple of years. Any takers?

The Old One

The Old One

"It's not in my contract to do this kind of duty. Now what about the money? If you wanna give me some money to do it, I'll be happy to."

Spoiler

Seriously though, how many Podcasts we talking?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, it's just gonna depend on who wants to help out and what they can be arsed with. Primarily, it'd just be some of my favourite interviews to start with. So off the top of my head I'd say Cynthia Scott, Liam O'Donnell, Alex White & Brian Prince/Kyle Strauts for now.

Oh and Daniel Kash.

The Old One

The Old One

PM Interview Timestamps.
No guarantees though.

Corporal Hicks

I'm certainly in no rush but one a month would be nice. How does that sound?

The Cruentus

I would have offered to help but I don't get much time to myself these days, only have an hour or two before work and the same after since its midnight time I get back. I still got to get round to transcribing one of the versions of the Alien 3 script for the wiki. I got a vacation booked for sometime in early feburary, so that would be the only time I could do some of them. I will let you know about it when I can.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 29, 2019, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2019, 11:59:34 AM
I'm certainly in no rush but one a month would be nice. How does that sound?

Easily doable, I'd at least probably get two+ done next month.

Perfect! Thank you.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 29, 2019, 12:01:13 PM
I will let you know about it when I can.

Thank you for the offer.  :) I'm happy if different folk want to pick up an episode and run with it. It's pretty much just interviews from 2017 onwards that I'm interested in getting transcribed.

Voodoo Magic

Prepare for a lot of "nonsense!" additions intermittently inserted in those transcripts Hicks!  ;D

AhabPredator

How long are podcasts usually?

Corporal Hicks

Depends on the episode! Interviews are usually 30 minutes to 1 hour and a bit. The usual discussions are usually an hour to 2 hours.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2019, 03:08:16 PM
Depends on the episode! Interviews are usually 30 minutes to 1 hour and a bit. The usual discussions are usually an hour to 2 hours.
Oh boy. Well...at least it's easier typing with a mechanical keyboard. And you need these monthly?

Voodoo Magic

Transcribing old interviews.  Are you working on something Hicks? Adding the interviews to the site, or compiling for a book perhaps?

Wysps

I can take a shot at it too, I suppose. Could I work on a shorter one as a sort of test run? Wouldn't want to commit and then get overwhelmed lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

By all means. Seriously, just pick an episode and try it. Just post in here when you are so other people don't start to do the same episode.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 31, 2019, 11:25:06 PM
Transcribing old interviews.  Are you working on something Hicks? Adding the interviews to the site, or compiling for a book perhaps?

They're just going on the site. I've done a few in the past but I'd like to get most of them on as text and audio.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed