Possible suggestion

Started by Nyarlathotep, Oct 15, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

Author
Possible suggestion (Read 1,825 times)

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

I've just been wondering, but have you guys ever considered possibility of adding an up vote and down vote option to the forums? Personally it's just a feature that I think would be cool.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We did Karma at one point I think but it's not something we particularly care for.

Darkness

Darkness

I do like the upvote and downvote on other sites actually - it'd definitely be useful for the homepage comments. If a comment gets too many downvotes, it gets hidden. But unfortunately, everything is tied to the forum and because the majority of comments are from members, I don't think it'd work well as it would for anonymous guest comments. We already have an ignore function which many members use.

The Old One

The Old One

No thank you, discussion stagnates and cliques form.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That wouldn't be something I care for personally. I think features like that counter an environment for equal opinions and always seem to become an unhealthy barometer for who's right and who's wrong.

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 15, 2018, 07:08:39 PM
We already have an ignore function which many members use.

Quite grateful for that function myself. :)

D88M

D88M

No way jose, sites like Reddit are completely broken because of stuff like that, is pretty unfair unlike actual Karma, you can get downvoted a lot for no reason and that restricts you as a user.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed