Alien Paradise - an Alien: Covenant Watercolor Painting Time Lapse Crew Log

Started by ldangler, May 19, 2017, 04:48:49 PM

Author
Alien Paradise - an Alien: Covenant Watercolor Painting Time Lapse Crew Log (Read 1,675 times)

ldangler

Hey guys, In honor of the film I made my own Alien: Covenant inspired artwork and time lapse video log based on the crew messages. I think you might enjoy:

Mike’s Monsters

This is incredible! I love this piece!

ldangler

Thanks so much! I made it before seeing the film and it actually turned out to be pretty relevant given the story. I got lucky there.

Deadmeat

Breathtaking. What I adore most about this is both the clever use of negative space and the fact that you didn't use masking tape to paint in the background elements and achieve the illusion of transparency. And absolute shame this doesn't have more views! ;)

How long have you been doing watercolors by the way?

The Alien Predator

Breathtaking talent you got there! I really enjoyed watching this artwork progress and become an amazing picture.

ldangler

Thanks guys! I'm going to be making more of these to go along with each new artwork I produce, not sure if I'll enter the realm of Alien again though - it was kind of an experiment. The crew log stuff from the film kind of inspired it.   

Quote from: Deadmeat on Jun 05, 2017, 06:29:47 AM
And absolute shame this doesn't have more views! ;)

I agree! I've been looking for ways to promote the videos but nothing has really caught on so far. Open to suggestions.

Thanks for the positive feedback - masking it up just would have looked so ugly on camera :) I only just started experimenting with watercolor a few months ago - been painting in oil and acrylic for forever though.

Corporal Hicks

I'll share this via our social media channels shortly. And thanks for posting! Fantastic work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed