OWLF Recordings

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

Author
OWLF Recordings (Read 12,207 times)

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I'm so bummed! I finally found one after God knows how many matches but the predator killed me and I didn't get to keep it!

If I do a private match as the Predator and find one and just let the time run out, would I still get to keep it? Anyone try this successfully?

molasar

molasar

all owlf recordings

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nice!!!!

I wish he muted the music though...  :-\

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Apr 29, 2020, 05:14:21 AM
I'm so bummed! I finally found one after God knows how many matches but the predator killed me and I didn't get to keep it!

Same thing happened to me!  >:(

QuoteIf I do a private match as the Predator and find one and just let the time run out, would I still get to keep it? Anyone try this successfully?

Yes. Ridgetop has collected several this way. You keep the XP and the recording. I have run several private matches myself but still have yet to find one though.  :-\

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 29, 2020, 12:34:39 PM
Nice!!!!

The question is if we "will be hearing from him soon"?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

well that proves the Busey kid did them all. Yes, how about HIM? Where is he in all dis?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I have trouble believing they'd pay Ah-nuld some big bucks to reprise Dutch after 33 years for just recordings that most players won't actively collect or listen to more than once.

#DUTCHwillRETURN

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 29, 2020, 01:01:31 PM
Yeah, I have trouble believing they'd pay Ah-nuld some big bucks to reprise Dutch after 33 years for just recordings that most players won't actively collect or listen to more than once.

#DUTCHwillRETURN

https://media.giphy.com/media/WRCu97eqbcM4U/giphy.gif

While I never played F13 they did have a special character to come out right? Maybe the Fireteam calls in Dutch? We know he recorded for something and this is the only thing out. So maybe someone calls in and then gets to play as him? A content update is due in about a month and outside some cosmetics I could see this happening.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yep, he probably will be the Tommy Jarvis of Predator: Hunting Grounds! :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could be a part of a content drop down the line.

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 29, 2020, 12:34:39 PM
Nice!!!!

I wish he muted the music though...  :-\

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Apr 29, 2020, 05:14:21 AM

Same thing happened to me!  >:(

QuoteIf I do a private match as the Predator and find one and just let the time run out, would I still get to keep it? Anyone try this successfully?

Yes. Ridgetop has collected several this way. You keep the XP and the recording. I have run several private matches myself but still have yet to find one though.  :-\

Appreciate you, my good sir!

And on the topic of Dutch! I love the slow build up to his return!!!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Happy to help. :)

Recovered my first OWLF recording. It was super tense. I seriously considered hiding in the corner of the map and waiting it out so the Predator didn't kill me and risk losing it for another time. But I completed the mission and got to the chopper.

NOTE: I was playing with Kailem and he and the other fireteam had died. At the resurrection point, the OWLF recording sat next to it. Once Kailem resurrected, he was able to grab the OWLF recording too, but didn't keep it at the end - assuming because  1) it's a bug, should have disappeared and only goes to the first person who takes it... or my bet..  2) Kailem had died in game, and only living players (not reinforcements) can finish the match with recordings. So just a 'heads up'.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it was weird. I was watching Voodoo running for the reinforcement station and we both saw the red glowing OWLF recording sitting on the table right next to it. He picked it up, then a few seconds later I spawned in and it was still there, so I grabbed it too.

Then after a very sweaty match we both managed to make it out, only I got no trophy pop and the game froze for a good few seconds when I went to the collectibles menu to see if I had it. When it eventually loaded, everything was still locked.

I thought it was weird that I was able to pick it up too since RidgeTop had said they weren't like the veritanium and could only be picked up by one person, so like Voodoo said it was likely a glitch to do with the respawning.

But on the plus side at least now I know what to look for!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 01, 2020, 03:21:45 PM
Then after a very sweaty match we both managed to make it out

My secret to long life is hide behind you!  ;D

Kailem

Kailem

This would have been me had I been downed that match:

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I'm so torn between playing until I find all the recordings or just listening to them on YouTube! I haven't found one yet but constantly on the look out!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed