20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 69,780 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 02:30:52 PM
Let's spoiler tag the NSFW stuff.

Sorry :)  I didn't know.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's fine mate. It was just a thought I had just now.

Another French journalist -

Quote@MaeL_do @CyHeisenberg You break the silence! The trailer for #AlienCovenant well planned on 26 December. We have seen, it will excite you.

https://twitter.com/juljouanneau/status/809410068936589312

Ingwar

12 days  >:(

Corporal Hicks

I'm pretty confident we'll get the English trailer in 10 days (depending on timezone). I believe it'll be early morning (GMT) time.

426Buddy

10 days has never seemed so far away lol.

BonesawT101

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 02:59:20 PM
I'm pretty confident we'll get the English trailer in 10 days (depending on timezone). I believe it'll be early morning (GMT) time.
What makes you think that, hicks?

Corporal Hicks

That's when the US embargo on the Preview event ends.

BonesawT101

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 03:18:40 PM
Perfect!

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 03:18:40 PM
Still *too* far away... :(

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 02:59:20 PM

You're killing me!!  :P anyways so there will be 2 trailers ( green, and red band)??

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like.

fiveways

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 15, 2016, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2016, 10:25:31 AM
Considering how Xeno Fifield looks I don't have high hopes for the execution, to be honest.

Are you a pessimist? If the rumour about 200 millions budget is true then A:C is 60-70 millions more expensive than Prometheus. It's more money to spend and make sure things will work. Prometheus was sometimes a bit cheesy in terms of designing department. But now they've got new production designer. New blood. Guys who worked on Mad Max as well. And regarding Xenos, it's not like we won't see practical effects. Yes we will. Everything will depend on the shots. Close ups will have non-CGI Aliens. I'm pretty sure.

The 200 million quote is the only think that makes me pessimistic.  That makes Covenant the most expensive R rated movie of all time, and if you add in advertising and all that, you have to figure around a 400 million break even point.  That's a huge uphill battle for this film.

I still think the 200 million is gonna come out as bullshit since Prometheus didn't even make that before Home video release.  It came close, but still, yeah, didn't quite make it.  That is a huge budget for a niche horror movie to recover, and it certainly won't have Deadpool crossover potential.  I am hopeful it makes that money back, but I think i would be even more hopeful if it has a Prometheus budget attached to it.

Corporal Hicks

Where did that even come from? Wikipedia?

Necronomicon II

I doubt it was 200 million.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 04:13:02 PM
Where did that even come from? Wikipedia?

According to this is (projected) 150: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alien:_Covenant. I'm sure it's gonna be more than Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed