The Confession Thread

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 17, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

Author
The Confession Thread (Read 21,416 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I confess I need to check that film out.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 05:32:15 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 04:35:15 PM

What about Terence Hill/Bud Spencer movies? ;D

Ha! Ya got me there!  ;D

Heard of them? They're an excellent Italian (western) comedy duo. They're dubbed most of the time but not in an annoying way.
They have lots of movies, not all good but all have a unique charm to them.

I'd start with They Call Me Trinity. Then Watch Out We're Mad, Go For It, Double Trouble or Crime Busters.

During my travels I've noticed viewers not keen on 2001's artistic and psychedelic styles were thrilled with 2010 for it's straight-forward Alien-like approach.

Other people, who fell absolutely in love with 2001's artistry, i found ended up disappointed for 2010's straight-forward Alien-like approach.

It might end up where you fall on the original.

Check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyf8QWoL7T0

I'm interested but I have doubts on how it will affect my memory of the original  ;D
And I don't watch trailers.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 19, 2019, 02:30:41 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 04:35:15 PM

What about Terence Hill/Bud Spencer movies? ;D

Ha! Ya got me there!  ;D

Heard of them? They're an excellent Italian (western) comedy duo. They're dubbed most of the time but not in an annoying way.
They have lots of movies, not all good but all have a unique charm to them.

I'd start with They Call Me Trinity. Then Watch Out We're Mad, Go For It, Double Trouble or Crime Busters.

I've never seen any of their complete films to be honest. But I remember watching some highlights reel of some of their greatest stuff. It was funny that Bud's stomach was some impenetrable force. He could take an onslaught there and never feel a thing.  ;D. Maybe I'll try to check a full film out down the road.

QuoteI'm interested but I have doubts on how it will affect my memory of the original  ;D
And I don't watch trailers.

What madness is this?  :o You do not watch trailers? How do you develop your desire to see a movie?

There's only so much that can be ascertained through a synopsis, stills, posters or past work to get a feel for actor chemistry, performances, tone, directorial style, production quality, etc.to guage personal appeal towards a particular unknown film (imo).

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 19, 2019, 01:29:03 AM
I confess I need to check that film out.

2010. DO IT!  DO IT NOW!!

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Hey, Voodoo, link me a trailer for Terminator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Here you go Wabbit, the official trailer:

TheSailingRabbit

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 03:08:54 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2019, 03:03:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64P4l2Wmeg

Nice.

Remember, the success of The TERMINATOR got James Cameron the ALIENS job. No Terminator, there would be no Aliens, and Cameron wouldn't have brought along Paxton nor Biehn.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2019, 03:20:55 PM

Nice.

Remember, the success of The TERMINATOR got James Cameron the ALIENS job. No Terminator, there would be no Aliens, and Cameron wouldn't have brought along Paxton nor Biehn.

It's on my to-do list, bud. I still have a hundred other things to do, like getting my career rolling.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 03:24:12 PM

Nice.

It's on my to-do list, bud. I still have a hundred other things to do, like getting my career rolling.

And time to make more AVPG forum threads!   ;)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2019, 03:40:46 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 03:24:12 PM

Nice.

And time to make more AVPG forum threads!   ;)

That's true. I want to be able to travel, too.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2019, 01:42:26 PM
I've never seen any of their complete films to be honest. But I remember watching some highlights reel of some of their greatest stuff. It was funny that Bud's stomach was some impenetrable force. He could take an onslaught there and never feel a thing.  ;D. Maybe I'll try to check a full film out down the road.

If you can enjoy the highlights you should be able to enjoy some of their movies. Several are proper comedies.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2019, 01:42:26 PM
What madness is this?  :o You do not watch trailers? How do you develop your desire to see a movie?

There's only so much that can be ascertained through a synopsis, stills, posters or past work to get a feel for actor chemistry, performances, tone, directorial style, production quality, etc.to guage personal appeal towards a particular unknown film (imo).

Synopsis and stills are all I need. And the names of the writer, director and studio.
If there's enough to catch my interest, I'll give the movie a chance.

Example:
Bone Tomahawk, solid movie. I watched it because of Kurt Russell + western + R-Rating. That's enough for me.
Because of Bone Tomahawk, I saw Brawl In Cell Block 99, which was great. Same writer/director + Vince Vaugh and Don Johnson + prison + R-Rating.
Because of those two, I'm looking forward to his next one: Dragged Across Concrete. Same writer/director + Vince Vaugh and Mel Gibson + corrupt cops + R-Rating.

If I'm gonna watch a movie for sure, why would I ruin it by watching bits before? It degrades the viewing experience.
I'd already know some cool action scenes or funny bits. I'd know certain stuff will still come up because they showed it in the trailer.
And more often than not, trailers give a false impression and/or spoils things.

I like to be surprised. I admit it's not always good, but sometimes it's just great and it makes it all worth.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 02:23:18 PM

I was gonna say no, don't but it's too late.
Never watch a trailer if you're gonna watch a movie anyway.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 20, 2019, 11:02:37 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 02:23:18 PM

I was gonna say no, don't but it's too late.

It's likely going to be awhile before I can actually sit down and watch the movie. For me, a trailer won't hurt.

Hypothetically, if things go good for me, I might be able to pick up the DVD before Christmas.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 20, 2019, 11:02:37 PM

Trailers are a helpful thing.
Time and money are important commodities.
It's good to know something's worth it before you part with either.

The Old One

The Old One

Trailers rarely indicate
if something's worth your time.

But often do
indicate that it isn't.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 21, 2019, 01:40:38 AM
Trailers rarely indicate
if something's worth your time.

But often do
indicate that it isn't.

Exactly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed