Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fair enough.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The flamethrowers were cool.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 31, 2023, 03:34:52 PMWasn't a massive fan of Episode 3, but not because of "woke shit". Bill and Frank were gay in the game, so it seems a bit of a weird thing to be up in arms about.

I just found it brought the momentum built up in the previous two episodes to a grinding halt, personally. It'll be their "Emmy Episode", but having virtually a whole episode centred around those characters seemed unnecessary to me.

Still, it was all really well acted again and reviews have been near universally positive for it, which is a very good thing for the show going forward.

I thought the episode was ok.
Spoiler
Was a weird choice to set the vast majority of an episode around two characters who then die at the end of the episode and presumably won't be a part of the story going forward. In the last two episode a likeable side character has died so that Joel can learn a lesson; this time the lesson was "we were put here to protect others", which is fine but I didn't think it necessary to spend around 50 minutes to make that point when those characters aren't the focus of the show.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Standalone episodes are fine, but that is kind of following TWD path.  You could have a well thought and put together episode when you do this, but you could also have a rushed 50 minute piece of dog shit like TWD frequently pumped out on their standalones with characters put into such hairbrained situations and having such goofy and silly responses that it kills the mojo of the show overall.

Just knowing TWD history on such things makes me wary of TLOU taking this direction. 
Spoiler
I can guess another standalone episode will be Ellie and Riley however this actually sets up nicely as a standalone
[close]

Ultimately I still like the game's story over the shows.  Again adaptations are having to adapt to the medium they are being told in, so changes themselves aren't bad.  But I miss the banter that Bill, Ellie, and Joel had in the town. 

As for season 2 of TLOU, I really hope they don't jump ahead again.  The MAIN problem with the second game is
Spoiler
the lack of time you get with both characters from the first game.  Actually having seasons between shows to fill in that time would help alleviate the feelings of the second game AS WELL as make you feel more attached when it does happen.
[close]

I personally don't think they will jump ahead because that will put them too far ahead of the third game (which hasn't even been announced yet) and they will run into the GOT problem. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

E3 was heart-breaking. Beautifully painful. I'm loving this series. Cannot wait for next Monday.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I would love to see a full episode (or even a  full series) based around the initial Jakarta outbreak scenes from
Ep. 2. 
That bit was intense.

ace3g

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Maybe the weakest episode so far, but still good.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't think the show is as good as the game.  It isn't terrible, it just isn't AS good.  My main problem so far is that Joel (and to a lesser degree Tess) just isn't the heads up situationally aware beast he was in the original game.  TV joel just feels like Joel lite.  He literally feels like they could've picked any down on their luck hardass in boston to play his role, as opposed to THE most badass smuggler in a QZ zone. 

And I realize it would be impossible for the action to be the same as the game because that would be an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, but some semblance of original Joel would've been nice.  This Joel feels like the kind of Joel that OG Joel killed by the dozens. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 06, 2023, 06:13:31 AMThis Joel feels like the kind of Joel that OG Joel killed by the dozens.

Is it like the difference between UK in real life and UK in one of your typical Dynasty Mode playthroughs?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Exactly. 

Dynasty UK wouldn't let people sneak up on him sleeping. 

Rankles75

Rankles75

Can't believe I didn't recognise "Kathleen" as Rose from Two and a Half Men...  ::)

Good episode, picked up the pace after last week's diversion. Got a feeling that the thing under the floor took several attempts and all of my ammo to kill in the game.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I couldn't tell if that was going to be one of the tendrils letting them know the infection was in the city or a
Spoiler
bloater.
[close]

I also think having them stop in Kansas City instead of Pittsburgh actually makes more sense narratively.  Going from KC to Wyoming is a whole lot easier losing a truck vs going from PITTSBURGH to Wyoming.  Pitt to Wyoming with no vehicle would essentially be a f**k this shit I'm out meme.

I also made that trip earlier in the year.  Except I went into SD (badlands) and then into Wyoming (devils tower) from Kansas City.  That is lots of land to cover. 

I did knock off about eight states in that road trip though. 

ralfy

ralfy

The fourth episode reminds me of Walking Dead, but the first season or so. The pacing's also much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed