Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights

Started by Kailem, Apr 16, 2021, 12:46:54 AM

Author
Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights (Read 91,536 times)

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

June 3?! That is my birthday!! ouch.. :'(

Voodoo Magic

Maybe that's a good sign, Jonesy. You'll be our good luck charm!  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Ayy thanks! :) but still lol

:D

Voodoo Magic

Nathan Cryz

Predator isn't a child content

Jedi from Earth

Jedi from Earth

Please, please, please. The Predator franchise should not be run by Disney. Ever.  >:(

SiL

It isn't. It's run by Fox.

Immortan Jonesy

Just as Star Wars is run by Lucasfilm, I guess.

💭
🤔

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2021, 12:27:10 AM
It isn't. It's run by Fox.

Well we're not supposed to call it "Fox" anymore but rather "20th Century Studios"... ;)  but if you remember Disney sent over Alan Horn and Alan Bergman to oversee Emma Watts (when she was still in charge) to review and cut half of her 20th Century Studios projects in development, so in my eyes the buck doesn't quite stop at the 20th Century Studios' gate... but rather Disney's top brass.

SiL

What you've described is not the same as Disney running the Predator franchise. Obviously the parent company will oversee production slates; that doesn't mean the people responsible for bringing you Frozen 2 are planning the next Predator outing.

DarthBane

What does this mean for my Marvel Predator Omni? My alien omnis will look lonely on the shelf without it!

Voodoo Magic

I believe it can be legally released regardless how the judgment pans out, as long as it's pre-existing work.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

We Predator fans seem to get our bandages pulled off slowly and painfully...!  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed