[Insider Gaming] A New AAA Alien Game is in Development

Started by Adam802, Nov 22, 2022, 05:08:25 PM

Author
[Insider Gaming] A New AAA Alien Game is in Development (Read 13,714 times)

Adam802

https://insider-gaming.com/new-alien-game-in-development/

QuoteSources, who have provided documents and information under the condition of anonymity have shown that a new AAA Alien game is in development with a tentative holiday 2023 release.

It's understood that the Alien title, currently believed to be under the codename "Marathon" is currently being developed for current-generation consoles with a AAA budget.

Unfortunately, Insider Gaming wasn't able to verify the developer behind the project but learned that the game is slated to be a survival horror that will take inspiration from franchises including Dead Space and Resident Evil.

The same source, who provided the documentation and concept art of the Alien title has also said that an Alien: Isolation sequel is either in development or is currently being pitched. The developer behind the game wasn't given, but presumably, Creative Assembly could be working on the project. For now, Insider Gaming would like to report this title heavily under the RUMOR category until more corroboration or reports are provided.

Insider Gaming tried to contact Creative Assembly for comment, but those contacted were unresponsive before the publication of this report.

As of March 2015, Alien: Isolation had sold over 2.1 million copies in Europe and the US. It was ported by Feral Interactive to Linux and OS X in late 2015, to Nintendo Switch on 5 December 2019, and to Android and iOS devices on 16 December 2021, and was added to the Amazon Luna service on 14 October 2021.

Sources have said that SEGA was "extremely happy" with the reception of the 2014 title, but Creative Assembly were busy with the Total War franchise and their new FPS Hyenas. However, the Creative Assembly Twitter page does state that the studio is currently working on two new unannounced projects.

These two games, plus Aliens: Dark Descent by Focus Entertainment puts the total number of alien games that we currently know of to three (quick math).

Great news if true, though every Alien game after Isolation has sucked imo so i'm pretty cynical lol. 

Nightlord

Adam802

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 22, 2022, 05:19:18 PMuh oh no

That looks like a fake rumor specifically designed to piss people off lol. Though I wouldn't be surprised after all the garbage we've gotten if they pulled some shit like that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Lots of stock imagery in that promo pic (Alien: Covenant's teaser poster, Prometheus' Deacon mural, etc.). Absolutely screams fake, so I don't buy that for a second.

But in concept/theory I'd be very down for a prequel-influenced game.

Kradan

RidgeTop

Pretty sure this is bunk. Already two Alien games coming next year, and Sega no longer has the license, Focus does.

Crazy Rich

Leggs.obj

This is so silly.

Even at narrative level, setting the game between Alien3/Resurrection with the intent to fill plot holes created by the prequel films seems silly.

Predators become canon?? Silly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The 4chan is a different claim from the looks of it. Different details, and the 4chan one looks very obviously fake. However, this one from Inside Gaming...I'm not familiar with the outlet, but it had been noticed - thanks to Kailem for pointing out - that Tom Henderson had been retweeting this and seems to imply some knowledge:

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1595168153516269568?s=20&t=Ls5CDi6OqOXhmagkX4vyEA

I don't know of him myself, but I'm told that he's a reliable leaker for video gaming with a proven record for COD and Battlefield.

Ah, looks like it was Tom Henderson actually writing that report. I missed that, the author credit image was so small to me.  :laugh: Looks like it's just his website full stop.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Adam802 on Nov 22, 2022, 05:08:25 PMhttps://insider-gaming.com/new-alien-game-in-development/

QuoteSources, who have provided documents and information under the condition of anonymity have shown that a new AAA Alien game is in development with a tentative holiday 2023 release.

It's understood that the Alien title, currently believed to be under the codename "Marathon" is currently being developed for current-generation consoles with a AAA budget.

Unfortunately, Insider Gaming wasn't able to verify the developer behind the project but learned that the game is slated to be a survival horror that will take inspiration from franchises including Dead Space and Resident Evil.

The same source, who provided the documentation and concept art of the Alien title has also said that an Alien: Isolation sequel is either in development or is currently being pitched. The developer behind the game wasn't given, but presumably, Creative Assembly could be working on the project. For now, Insider Gaming would like to report this title heavily under the RUMOR category until more corroboration or reports are provided.

Insider Gaming tried to contact Creative Assembly for comment, but those contacted were unresponsive before the publication of this report.

As of March 2015, Alien: Isolation had sold over 2.1 million copies in Europe and the US. It was ported by Feral Interactive to Linux and OS X in late 2015, to Nintendo Switch on 5 December 2019, and to Android and iOS devices on 16 December 2021, and was added to the Amazon Luna service on 14 October 2021.

Sources have said that SEGA was "extremely happy" with the reception of the 2014 title, but Creative Assembly were busy with the Total War franchise and their new FPS Hyenas. However, the Creative Assembly Twitter page does state that the studio is currently working on two new unannounced projects.

These two games, plus Aliens: Dark Descent by Focus Entertainment puts the total number of alien games that we currently know of to three (quick math).

Great news if true, though every Alien game after Isolation has sucked imo so i'm pretty cynical lol. 

Well Fireteam was decent in my opinion, it basically brought what it advertised. Just wish they add a first person mode to it.

Kailem

Yeah normally I'd say it was bs, especially the mention of "Alien Isolation 2." But Tom Henderson has a good track record when it comes to legit leaks, so if he's posting it then I'm inclined to believe there might actually be some truth to this.

The Shuriken

But I wanted a AAA Predator game.  :(

Still Collating...

Well, this is exciting! Now that we know that it's coming from a legit source, getting even one of those mentioned games would be awesome!

Ian

This is great news, especially if it is a sequel to Alien: Isolation. Better that than Space Marine shooter # 8,692.

Predatorium

:o Oh I love the og Resident Evil trilogy and Alien Isolation. I also love third person games. Could this be the game to finally take Isolation's place as the best game adaption of the franchise? I hope so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed