20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,352 times)

HuDaFuK

Who knows, if these go down well there's always a chance they might do some more.

SiL

Probably still US only tho'.

Corporal Hicks

Wasn't there some workaround? I mean the guy who did Containment was from the UK.

SiL

I'm pretty sure the production needed to be US-based, but could be outsourced. So legally and financially it would be a US-wherever coproduction if it was made outside the US. The people who entered the competition needed to be US-based, so he might've had a producer pitch the project on his behalf.

As an educated guess -- I'm not sure. I know I wasn't eligible to pitch.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 03, 2019, 03:48:41 AM
I have one gripe and that is in the sets. I felt they were a bit flimsy looking but well designed. The space vistas were especially nice. I guess it could have delivered one quick "money shot" of the chestburster, but otherwise the acting was solid, the direction was good and the story was simple.

I hope they do this again so I can submit the short I wrote ALIEN: REUNION. I missed the deadline by like 5 fukin minutes because  I failed to consider time zones, like a moron.

Ouch. Sorry brother.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2019, 11:43:47 AM
Wasn't there some workaround? I mean the guy who did Containment was from the UK.

Just find a partner in the states who will submit it and do some work on it.  Plenty of Americans on here.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 03, 2019, 01:57:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2019, 11:43:47 AM

Just find a partner in the states who will submit it and do some work on it.  Plenty of Americans on here.

Bloody foreigners.  Jumping on the internet and being useful

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Turns out the final two films can be watched early if you use the digital code from the 4K release in iTunes.

I didn't realize this and put mine into Movies Anywhere, and I don't seem to have access to them through that service.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you for the info if nothing else.

Nightmare Asylum

Just a heads up, they have now been added to Movies Anywhere as well. I'm going to watch the last couple now. 8)

The Old One

The Old One

Awesome!

Nightmare Asylum

Now that I've seen them all, I really enjoyed Specimen, Ore, and Alone. Containment was... ok, I guess. Night Shift was bad, and Harvest was worse.

Huggs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2019, 02:44:55 AM
Now that I've seen them all, I really enjoyed Specimen, Ore, and Alone. Containment was... ok, I guess. Night Shift was bad, and Harvest was worse.

Harvest was worse?

Oh God.

Corporal Hicks

Surprised at that. I don't recall Harvest being worse at all. Curious to rewatch.

[cancerblack]

It's very taste dependent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed