The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 24,888 times)

The Shuriken

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2017, 11:53:20 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
Quote from: Keith on Apr 22, 2017, 10:55:06 PM
good. maybe they're reconsidering some of the nonsense in the current script.

Im working my ass off to get this result.This is the last chance for the fans.
How are you doing it outside of complaining in this forum, exactly?
I wish I could tell you more. But we have a large number of deep-cover operatives involved. You know how it is. We all have a job to do. Now, I'm sure we can respect each other's situation and act responsibly

:/ Wat?

DeWalega

DeWalega

Cast ... tragic!I'm not going to see it!

dallevalle

such a long wait what the hell.

whiterabbit

Oh so close yet so near death!

Jacku

Jacku

SpeedyMaxx

When the man's right he's right. They don't want to go head to head with Marvel.

BishopShouldGo

It was pushed from September/October to February for entirely different purposes anyway so I don't know what that joker is talking about.

Wow, pushed back twice! BFD

paperhearts

Quote from: Jacku on Apr 23, 2017, 09:27:40 PM
https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/856234884012093440

That sounds like Black wanted it pushed back not just because of Black Panther but other reasons, his reasons.  I'm hoping he's definitely fixing what he can in this movie. 

Cereal Killer

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 23, 2017, 09:55:33 PM

That sounds like Black wanted it pushed back not just because of Black Panther but other reasons, his reasons.  I'm hoping he's definitely fixing what he can in this movie. 
least Stephen Kings It is out soon that will keep me going. Isn't the predator set in Halloween?

newagescamartist

I don't think this delay has any impact on the actual shoot though. For everyone hoping that they fix the script just remember they're filming it right now. I can't tell you how much of a nightmare it would be if they just ditched the script mid-shoot. They'd essentially be filming action sets with no real direction. If that were to happen it could bury this franchise forever.

SpeedyMaxx

It's Black and Dekker's script - they're not changing it unless they have a problem with their own story. More likely the delay is a) avoiding Marvel and possibly b) more time for action/FX work or whatnot.

The Wolverine Predator

I've shared two articles on this thread explaining that the movie release was because of the other big movies coming out from Feb to July.. no I don't like having to wait 6 more months, but I agree that it will fair better from tickets sales in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black

"Big summer movie"that's what he said last year. So it turned out.

paperhearts

paperhearts

Quote from: Cereal Killer on Apr 23, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 23, 2017, 09:55:33 PM

least Stephen Kings It is out soon that will keep me going. Isn't the predator set in Halloween?

From what has been leaked yeah.  I'm looking forward to IT myself.  But it does sound like it fits a whole lot better if the kid is trick or treating and the movie is released near Halloween.

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 23, 2017, 10:14:03 PM
I don't think this delay has any impact on the actual shoot though. For everyone hoping that they fix the script just remember they're filming it right now. I can't tell you how much of a nightmare it would be if they just ditched the script mid-shoot. They'd essentially be filming action sets with no real direction. If that were to happen it could bury this franchise forever.

I know people who work in practical effects for tv and movies and they do change pieces, add things, etc... So it can happen if they decide to do it.  I don't think they are going to revamp the script or change it completely but it's still very possible to change or cut things.  That's what I said earlier and what I'm crossing my fingers for now.

I'm all for Shane Black getting extra time to do his thing to make a good movie from not just the script but everything else as well.  And from his tweet, he is all for it too.

SpeedyMaxx

The film is set on and around Halloween, and yes there is a trick or treat sequence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed