Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 64,354 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I don't see it doing that by itself without the factors of the specific radiation he describes multiple times to warp the end results.

Protomorph

Finished it:

Spoiler
I enjoyed this overall.

Good Things:
- It used the Pathogen/Black Goo (I love the prequels so good for me)
- It used some other creatures
- Reminded me of John Carpenters The Thing in parts, especially the spider creature, reminded me of the Norris Thing
- I found the story engaging enough to want to finish it

Bad Things:
- Why didn't the Xenomorphs fight with the other creatures like the spider one or the Leon (I get the Leon might have ghosted past with the camouflage skin)
- Overuse of the word 'Xenomorph' (seems like a prominent bug bear with most)
- Some typo issues
- Shame they didnt expand on the alien artefacts or the engineers (assumed thats for the game though)
- Awful description of the Leon creature...still now I can't fathom how it's supposed to look
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I dug the
Spoiler
man spider rat thing.
[close]

bobby brown

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 20, 2021, 01:28:35 PM
Yeah I dug the
Spoiler
man spider rat thing.
[close]

Could you elaborate on it please? :)
Also what exactly is the Leon?

BlueMarsalis79

Like the
Spoiler
Fifield monster but with more spider and rat like features instead owing to the Pathogen infected creature it got infected by.
[close]

The Leon? I'm not entirely sure. It did not leave that big an impression. Apart from being in essence an oversized chameleon that I am not clear on the appearance of otherwise. 

Corporal Hicks

Just finished a second re-read in prep for podcast and review, and man this novel really frustrated me at the end of it. So many concepts I've been dying to see explored, just wasted crammed into this novel.  >:(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I did finally finish this book, but as a good representation of my general apathy towards it I forgot to drop a review or even mention the fact here.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2021, 08:51:05 AM
Just finished a second re-read in prep for podcast and review, and man this novel really frustrated me at the end of it. So many concepts I've been dying to see explored, just wasted crammed into this novel.  >:(

I'm guessing a lot of the dropped threads will be revealed in the game but i can agree that it makes for a frustrating read that makes the overall novel feel incomplete at times.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

To be a little more constructive than in my previous post:

I did think the novel picked up considerably once Aliens were actually running amok, and I even quite enjoyed the interplay between the hero group and their adversaries in the midst of an Alien outbreak, but none of this happened until really late in the game and then the book just kind of ended with no real climax. It's by no means the worst Alien novel I've ever read - I'm not sure anything about it was even especially bad - but it was thoroughly by-the-numbers and middle-of-the-road.

It felt every bit the media tie-in it was. Has there even been a good video game tie-in book?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 13, 2021, 09:56:52 AM
It felt every bit the media tie-in it was. Has there even been a good video game tie-in book?

As far as Titan's Alien and Predator video tie-ins go, they've all been 5/10s for me.

BlueMarsalis79

All the tie-ins ended up being average at best apart from Hunters and Hunted.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, unfortunately, the few tie-ins I have read I've found pretty unremarkable, Infiltrator included. :-\

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 13, 2021, 12:24:10 PM
All the tie-ins ended up being average at best apart from Hunters and Hunted.

Hunters and Hunted was great! And I really enjoyed ADF's Covenant novelization. Couldn't say the same about The Predator though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I wasn't so much referring to the novelisations, because I really enjoy most of those :)

I'd forgot about Hunters and Hunted. Definitely the best of the bunch but I still didn't think it was anything particularly special.

Nukiemorph

Q&A with Weston on the Aliens Fireteam Elite Discord channel happening right now.

Quote**Jake (Dutch) — Today at 9:48 AM
#myquestion
Hi Weston, I've got a few questions:
1) If given the opportunity, would you (and your wife) ever return to the Alien franchise to write another story?**

A: Yes. It might even be happening now.

I'm hoping that if he is writing another book, he isn't bogged down with restraints and mandates like he clearly was for Infiltrator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed