PC Patch #3 Details (Read 15,026 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Yeah, way to go GBX!!!!!

/sarcasm off

Shai`tan

Shai`tan

"Patch by patch this game becomes a more complete product"

if you take a good honest look at what`s been patched so far, the actual patches are a joke.  We asked for a high rez texture pack. And animation/pathfinding tweaks for ALL A.I., not just Aliens.  And what did we get in the 1st supposed big update?

1:  Alien A.I. slightly tweaked, and made out of balance with our Marine A.I. Squadies. Aliens got tougher, making our Marine Squadies even more useless. Makes for REALLY unbalanced End Boss level completion.
2:  a Film Grain eye condom with no user toggle.

Next update, coming a bit more than 3 weeks later

1: finally a toggle for the Film Grain. Something a Modder had fixed a day or so after the 4 gig update patch
2: an ini tweak to thwart cheaters          Now, to REALLY thwart cheaters, you need a system, not an ini tweak. But whatever.

So really tbh, with every patch so farseemingly bringing us ahead, we are really stepping 4 feet back.

What we really need is what we asked for. We need an update that is gonna make everyone sit up and take notice.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Yep, I can already see the consoles being abandoned by these money-grabbing aftholes- another Rebellion cut and loss operation.

demonbane

demonbane

Funny thing is most PC gamers abandoned this game, so why pour effort there?

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 13, 2013, 04:23:58 AM

They still hold to the belief that, if they slap some dog collars on Aliens, and release game modes (that should've been in the game since it hit the shelves) as paid DLC, people will return. I see no logic there, just blatant attempts at milking a dead horse.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

"Flogging" Grey_Yautja... flogging a dead horse.  :laugh:

QuoteWe asked for a high rez texture pack. And animation/pathfinding tweaks for ALL A.I., not just Aliens.  And what did we get in the 1st supposed big update?

1:  Alien A.I. slightly tweaked, and made out of balance with our Marine A.I. Squadies. Aliens got tougher, making our Marine Squadies even more useless. Makes for REALLY unbalanced End Boss level completion.
2:  a Film Grain eye condom with no user toggle.
3:  High rez textures

FTFY

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Grey_Yautja on Apr 13, 2013, 06:21:30 AM

They still hold to the belief that, if they slap some dog collars on Aliens, and release game modes (that should've been in the game since it hit the shelves) as paid DLC, people will return. I see no logic there, just blatant attempts at milking a dead horse.

Well, I think any gamer who paid for the Season Pass is expecting them to do the 4 DLCs as publicised... GIven that the first one was not bad at all, only lacking in terms of logistics (dedicated servers and all), I can only hope for the next ones to at least be as good as the first one... I agree that the Bug Hunt mode is a mode that is supposed to come with the game, as the name being a no-brainer, but I am expetcing them to release, probably last, as I have hoped before, a series of insert FMVs to fill in the gaps of the Hicks problem, and other hiccups... It is late in the game, but it would show some effort from them... I am not holding my breath, but at the very least, I am expecting them to honor the Season Pass deal... New single player levels with FMV inserts...Granted they lack the time to do this in the two, three months left, but somehow, given that this game is dead online for PC gamers such as myself, at the very least, I am hoping the next DLCs can somehow show that Gearbox is indeed trying to redeem themselves, even if the game is and was mortally wounded from birth...  ;)

WinterActual

WinterActual

The funny thing is we actually abandoned the game because the lack of dedicated servers not because of the game itself. The game is abandoned on PC because its simply unplayable except in coop with friends.

Gren_86

Gren_86

The whole thing is just sad and pathetic.

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: Gren_86 on Apr 15, 2013, 06:52:54 AM
The whole thing is just sad and pathetic.

If Gearbox stopped supporting the game then THAT would be sad and pathetic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed