PC Patch #3 Details

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Apr 09, 2013, 04:31:17 PM

Author
PC Patch #3 Details (Read 14,936 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

From the Gearbox forums...

QuoteA small update for Aliens: Colonial Marines PC should begin rolling out on Steam this afternoon, adding a toggle for the film grain filter and increased security to address cheats and exploits.

The team is continuing to work on updates for all platforms, including the hot fix support mentioned at PAX -- details will come as they're finalized.

Whoops, looks like the patch broke more stuff than it fixed!  :laugh:

QuoteThe update will be temporarily removed from Steam while the team investigates the corrupt DLC error and works to resolve that. More details as I have it.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=267628

WinterActual

WinterActual

Just saw the news in Steam - terrible patch. This stuff was supposed to be in the game at the launch. Lazy scumbag devs.

ikarop

ikarop

For those who missed it:

Quote from: Gearbox SoftwareToday's update contained some added protection to address cheats and exploits. We didn't intentionally go after / disable any non-exploitative user tweaks or mods, any changes there are an unfortunate side effect of the cheating protection.

Bounds34

Bounds34

I have a PS3 so this update doesn't affect me but I am curious to the "Hot fix support for all platforms." What does that mean exactly? I must have missed that one.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Bounds34 on Apr 09, 2013, 07:35:12 PM
I have a PS3 so this update doesn't affect me but I am curious to the "Hot fix support for all platforms." What does that mean exactly? I must have missed that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tYGEgCrjY#ws

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Are...
Are they literally making the game through patches at this point?

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: RazorSlash on Apr 09, 2013, 09:14:50 PM
Are...
Are they literally making the game through patches at this point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNGXsgLRkXU#ws

locusta

locusta

So, they have to patch the patches. LOL. Just stop it guys. Just stop.

Never say no to Panda!

Could someone pls contact me when the game is worth >5$ 'cause I'll buy the game then. Might take a few more patches... :D

WinterActual

WinterActual

This wont happen before GBX release all of the DLCs.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Redemption is way beyond Gearbox's filthy grasp. Let them rot for their sins.

Betcha' they gonna ditch the console patches- just like those flesh-slugs at Rebellion.  >:(

WinterActual

WinterActual

Why Reb should pay 30k $ per patch for the consoles for a dead game? They continued with the patches for PC because its free to release a patch there. You don't need to pay 30 grand to MS just to fix something... Every dev would do the same.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

It's funny, I've always been a console player, so I know that this is the issue (the huge cost to implement a patch because of the third party of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) but I've never really been that into PC. There's a few games on it I like but for the most part, the console version of anything is just fine for me. Personally, I think investing in a big powerful gaming PC is a waste of my money because I wouldn't enjoy it to the same extent that other people do. Now I hear about these supposed new consoles coming out with all these downsides like no backwards compatibility and always online to play and I gotta say those are both huge turn offs to me as a gamer.

I still give them credit for trying to fix this mess. I'd rather they try then up and quit and push the whole thing under the rug. But with the future consoles coming closer down the pike, I wonder how things will change with regard for console support, costs incurred to do so, etc.

WinterActual

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Patch by patch this game becomes a more complete product :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed