Mortal Kombat X (2015)

Started by RazorSlash, May 28, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Author
Mortal Kombat X (2015) (Read 175,954 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2016, 02:28:21 PM
We've kind of had one already. Granted it was more of an arcade game but...

SNES version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t7AXJu-_ic

Arcade version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOrKil9Lw_A

Wasn't there something called Mutagen or something like that which had them in?

The arcade game was fun, but I'm talking about a modern version of the concept in the vein of the 2010 AVP game but in the arcade fighter style. Something identical to Godzilla Save the Earth, Godzilla Destroy all Monster Melee, Godzilla Unleashed, something like those game but without the short comings. A modern AVP fighter game with the characters, Xenos and Yautja from the movies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't mind seeing one. Could be fun.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 13, 2016, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 13, 2016, 12:56:08 PM
Where do Triborg and Bo' Rai Cho come from originally
Triborg is a mix between Sektor and Cyrax from Mortal Kombat 3, while Bo'Rai Cho debuted in Mortal Kombat V: Deadly Alliance.

Ah cool. Thanks for that

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2016, 08:19:28 AM
Top or bottom right options.

Thank you but I can't seem to figure it out.  Could you perhaps IM me with a clearer explanation?  Thanks!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 13, 2016, 03:09:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2016, 08:19:28 AM
Top or bottom right options.

Thank you but I can't seem to figure it out.  Could you perhaps IM me with a clearer explanation?  Thanks!

PM sent. Let's take it to there now.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

I'm still not feeling the hate for this. The Predator seems to be a much better adaptation, a better fit for the series. Leatherface seems perfect for the proceedings. I think MKX team gets points for trying to add some Alien flavor to the mix. Might have been better to go with Pinhead, but this Alien is better than no Alien, I think.

predxeno

predxeno

I think the argument is that Alien for MKX is like AVPR for the movies.  Mind you, I LOVE AVPR but something both AVPR and the Alien costume in the game is that they both seem to be based on something that fans don't think belong in the genre; for AVPR, it was the teen horror trope and for MKX it's that the Alien's design (and move set?) is too much a reskin of another character in the game rather than its own thing.

Tim

Tim

Please, just give us another AvP game.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2016, 11:15:45 PM
I think the argument is that Alien for MKX is like AVPR for the movies.  Mind you, I LOVE AVPR but something both AVPR and the Alien costume in the game is that they both seem to be based on something that fans don't think belong in the genre; for AVPR, it was the teen horror trope and for MKX it's that the Alien's design (and move set?) is too much a reskin of another character in the game rather than its own thing.

Like XenoHunter99, I don't really get the hate but at the same time... I do. I do understand that the reason for the anger is that the design isn't really up to the high standards which the fandom has set up for itself, the fandom wanted something which was... essentially Big Chap. A lot of people wanted the original Giger Alien in the game, and clamored for it. But apparently, Ed Boon saw otherwise to create a new type of Alien which... was never even seen before, or potentially even so much as thought of. A Tarkatan Alien. And a lot of fans on both MK and Alien side, are not happy.

Though in the case of MK fans, they just simply hate guest characters in their game. Plain and simple, no other way of slicing it.

But in the case of Alien fans, well... their argument is more understandable. The design is something to be desired and while, I believe that the Tarkatan Alien is something bold on Boon's part, there could've been some changes in the design. At least lengthen the head.

But at the same time, I would've thought that they take solace that the character is not at all canon neither in the Mortal Kombat mythology or even so much as the Alien mythology. It would seem as if... I was wrong.

Then again, I suppose the same arguing would've applied to me concerning the Predator and the use of the Hish-qu'ten term.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Looks like a Queen gets a cameo in one of the fatalities.

47 seconds in.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 20, 2016, 03:47:59 PM
Looks like a Queen gets a cameo in one of the fatalities.

47 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivj1gKiiOJM
Cool Aliens reference

https://youtu.be/lCuqp2Vv8Xo

Swine

Swine

pc players can now stop ranting about the alien design but more about the fact that we can't play it

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As shared by RidgeTop on our Facebook last night. That Predator looks fantastic. I still don't like the Alien though.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The Alien's bio has been released. Apparently, their origin is implied to be different from the canon Xenomorphs given that in the MK lore, humanity wasn't created by Engineers but by splitting the consciousness of an entity known as "The One Being". Somehow, the Xenomorphs have been in Outworld for a VERY long time. I think I prefer these Aliens to the main canon ones now.

Also... we maybe getting new DLC costumes for Predator and Jason Voorhees. But so far this maybe just a rumor. Stranger things have happened though..

EDIT:

ALL ALIEN FATALITIES, BRUTALITIES AND ENDING REVEALED!! PREDALIEN CHESTBURSTER CONFIRMED!!

NEW XENOMORPH HYBRIDS!!

Predboy

Predboy

Can't get over how annoyingly short the head is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed