Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 72,685 times)

Predator_Spirit

He said he didn't like the script.

von

von

Arnold's quote:
QuoteThey asked me, and I read it, and I didn't like itwhatever they offered. So I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won't do that.

it = whatever they offered = Arnold's role as written in the current script & offered to him, NOT the script in its entirety

If English is your first language, it comes across pretty clearly.

Russ840

Russ840

Yeah. I would agree that he is referring to the part and not the script as a whole.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: von on Apr 13, 2017, 11:17:29 AM
Arnold's quote:
QuoteThey asked me, and I read it, and I didn't like itwhatever they offered. So I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won't do that.

it = whatever they offered = Arnold's role as written in the current script & offered to him, NOT the script in its entirety

If English is your first language, it comes across pretty clearly.

He is talking about the script in the first sentence.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 13, 2017, 01:59:10 PM
Yeah. I would agree that he is referring to the part and not the script as a whole.

Agreed, the first "it" is the script, and the second "it" (what he doesn't like) is the offer. Otherwise the last part of the sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Simple, really.

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Work on the script and give him a bigger role. :D

overthere

I bet he's lying and he actually is in the movie, just trying to make it a bigger surprise.

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Quote from: overthere on Apr 11, 2017, 03:48:43 PM
I think Arnold declining the movie is a sign that it's a good movie. Arnold cannot recognize a good sequel to save his life, except Terminator 2.
No. They have offered a Cameo to Arnold. This is wrong. I'm honestly very disapointed to hear Arnold wont be part of it  :'(

Quote from: overthere on Apr 17, 2017, 01:05:35 AM
I bet he's lying and he actually is in the movie, just trying to make it a bigger surprise.
I doubt it. :'(

overthere

Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on Apr 17, 2017, 01:09:06 AM
No. They have offered a Cameo to Arnold. This is wrong. I'm honestly very disapointed to hear Arnold wont be part of it  :'(

Why is it wrong? Cameo is all 70 year old Arnold should do in a Predator movie.

blood.

blood.

Arnold plays second fiddle to nobody!

He is right to reject this film.

I will still see it though because Predator.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: blood. on Apr 17, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
Arnold plays second fiddle to nobody!

He is right to reject this film.

I will still see it though because Predator.

He would've had no problem being in the Nebraska Williams role. I actually would've preferred that than a new character lol.

genocyber

Studios are idiots thinking a cast of nobodies is more important to showcase than Arnold. He made Predator what it is today. The movies were never as good without him.

Stealth_Hunter

The absence of Arnold isn't why certain sequels weren't well received.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Well the sequels' quality didn't suffer because of a lack of Arnold, but I do wish Arnold had been a part of Predator sequels. I don't mean plopping in him one of the current movies as is. His presence can't improve Predator 2 and Predators as they are. I mean crafting actual Dutch Schaefer stories. He should've led a team of scientists and military personnel in a Predator 2, and should've been abducted and taken to the Predator home planet in a Predator 3. Would've made a great sci-fi trilogy, the sequels could've and should've expanded on the lean and modest original much like Terminator 2 did with its predecessor.

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 17, 2017, 09:12:44 PM
Studios are idiots thinking a cast of nobodies is more important to showcase than Arnold. He made Predator what it is today. The movies were never as good without him.

What's frustrating is that all they needed is one A-lister, and the rest would've followed suit. You build your ensemble around the lead. If they had cast James Franco, I'm certain we wouldn't necessarily have Rhodes, Brown, Allen, etc.

If they had pushed filming to August of 2017, this would possible be not only a Predator, and not only a Shane Black movie, but also a Bradley Cooper movie.

Original Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 17, 2017, 09:27:59 PM
I mean crafting actual Dutch Schaefer stories.

Bingo.

Not sure why this is so hard.

Dutch kills a Pred...but "no big deal", let's move on.

Aliens got it right recognizing Ripley as the "lead" character vs. Alien(s) as the lead actor/character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed