She Wont Go Quietly - New Alien: Covenant Marketing Video

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 03, 2017, 11:06:22 AM

Author
She Wont Go Quietly - New Alien: Covenant Marketing Video (Read 24,464 times)

cucuchu

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 04, 2017, 01:40:24 AM
I really don't think a lot of it's in the movie.

I could be wrong, but I did tell everyone that wasn't Sigourney Weaver...

As I stated above, I hope you are right about the first bit. The second bit you are right for sure because someone else has already been identified as the voice of MUTHER

Clowndog

I would wager none of it is in the film, it isn't shot like any other clip we have seen yet.

I mean I could go through it critiquing each and every part and why it's poor, much poorer than anything I have seen from Ridley Scott, if you want but to take one in particular. The card game has Tennessee sitting with his back to the camera for most of it and he is the main focus of Catherine Waterstone's characters show boating, so we would want to see how his character reacts to it and he then awkwardly half turns so we can see his face to make a joke.

That sort of shooting mistakes would not be in a Ridley Scott film.

motherfather

Maybe everyone can access Muthur, much like one computer e.g. with win 7/10, everyone might have an account and different logins, but there's only usually 1 device administrator for it.

Either that, or Muthur needing to be rebooted and taking on a different default voice seem to be the only possibilities in which Weaver could voice now that we know another actress is involved. Its not very likely, but at least logically thosr could be the only scenarios.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 04, 2017, 12:49:53 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2017, 10:50:31 PM
It may have just been because of how desperate she was but remember Ripley tries to talk to Muthur in engineering in Alien too.

She had access at that point as she explained to Ash.

Ah, you meant in terms of everyone being able to talk to the computer, not location? My bad.

Corporal Hicks

The video is now up on YouTube.

PierreVW

Quote from: Clowndog on May 04, 2017, 02:01:39 AM
I would wager none of it is in the film, it isn't shot like any other clip we have seen yet.

I mean I could go through it critiquing each and every part and why it's poor, much poorer than anything I have seen from Ridley Scott, if you want but to take one in particular. The card game has Tennessee sitting with his back to the camera for most of it and he is the main focus of Catherine Waterstone's characters show boating, so we would want to see how his character reacts to it and he then awkwardly half turns so we can see his face to make a joke.

That sort of shooting mistakes would not be in a Ridley Scott film.

It's Luke Scott.

This is another short directed by his son Luke Scott.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed