Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 35,909 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Feb 20, 2019, 09:16:41 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 03, 2018, 07:48:52 AM
I wonder if the figures are the same scale as the ones from AvP: The Hunt Begins. This looks great.

I've looked for a size reference and haven't found anything yet, if they are would be a great way to boot the marine and Xenomorph factions.

-TJ88

Very well, according to the playtest people.

My issue is that the Aliens have huge heads and tiny legs, hard pass for me.

Corporal Hicks

Will hunt down the announcement after I wake up.

The Kurgan

Nice. Curious how they scale up with the prodos stuff.

SiL

*sigh*

*unzips wallet*

Komenja

This looks really cool! Reminds me a lot of Prodos' Doom board game.

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

Aliens still look goofy and top heavy. Let's see if the expansions are any good.

TheSailingRabbit

When I saw this on Twitter yesterday, I immediately thought of someone photographing their NECA Hudson holding the board game piece Hudson, staring at his mini-me and questioning his existence.

It would work with Burke, too, because the expression is on point.

Corporal Hicks

Machiko Naguchi

Well I was too late to sign up for the playable demo at GenCon this weekend but I will stop by the Gale Force Nine booth and see if I can find anything out  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Man that Aliens logo is still bad-ass after 30 years.  They      just      nailed      it!

Corporal Hicks

Some feedback from GenCon:

QuoteSo I've got mixed feelings.

The board itself, which may be replaced with tiles down the road, and the miniatures are very nice!

Allot of the dice and actions remind me of the Leading Edge aliens game. you can move, shoot and roll d10s and all that.
The endless respawns are a bit like both the Leading edge game and like Last Stand.

They stress this is VERY EARLY ALPHA, and that a big announcement is gonna drop in a month. the game is set to "hopefully" drop sometime late 2020. Possible licensing issues with Disney.

New tho is this card system which is were Im not too sure.

So there are two decks.

The first is a shared deck. you draw from it to fill your hand. And you can use a card to either put it in the exhaust pile, which will shuffle back into the deck when it runs out, or into the discard, which is gone for good. once both the main deck and exhaust deck are empty its game over for everyone.

You all got that right? good lets keep going.

Every card has actions on it. when you use a card you exhaust a card form the top of the deck and compare its symbol to see what action the card takes. you also need to sometime exhaust or discard cards from your hand to do actions.
No one understood how to play, and Im not sure the demo'r did either.

out of all the "dungeon crawler" games I played at Gencon this year this was the weirdest. Every thing that was not those cards FELT like Aliens. The card bit was just weird and made no sense.

PS, compare this to the MGS game which played and felt like the ps1 MSG game with stealth and intentionally exploitable AI. Great game if you get the chance to check it out!

Via Michael Frusti on the AVP Wargamer FB group.

razeak

Late 2020. Ugh. Hopefully that correlates with quality.

[cancerblack]

QuoteThey stress this is VERY EARLY ALPHA, and that a big announcement is gonna drop in a month. the game is set to "hopefully" drop sometime late 2020

What the f**k have they been doing for four years then?

Corporal Hicks

Fighting license-holders from the sounds of it. Prodos used to be quite open with how much of a nightmare they found working with Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed