2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then

Started by Slaine, Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:53 PM

Author
2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then (Read 10,134 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 12, 2013, 10:09:26 PM
Wonder if they can get in trouble for that, or if they can go 'alpha footage subject to change' and face no consequences.

They can't, Elicas! The footage I saw showed a work-in-progress and it was verbally said by RANDY himself that this was a GAMEPLAY demo, which means that the final game would have to look AS or BETTER than the demo! So, yes, he could be prosecuted for false advertising... Now, there is a catch: closer to the release date, we saw gameplay, story and other trailers that clearly showed how the final product would look like... We saw the robotic animation on the cutscenes, we saw some footage that was clearly not from the same game...! However, given the differences between graphics quality in consoles and PC, the console game buyers could argue that their version was far sub-par by comparison with the trailers...

So, I would first talk to a lawyer (a bunch of them, actually) and see whether we would have a case!

I think SEGA is probably the only one who could win, PROVIDED there were specific clauses regarding quality, deadlines and moneys...  :-\

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 20, 2013, 03:50:50 AM
Interesting news... There may have been yet another developer involved (still seeking some confirmation).

A trusted friend of mine says they've been in talks with someone who was involved in this title and he'll be pressing them for more details, but from what he can remember when speaking to them:

EDIT FOR UPDATE:

• The person in question was involved in beta testing and fault-finding. They mentioned that the version they were given had always been downright terrible and noted that the animations were especially quite poor. They were sending back long lists of various problems being encountered.
  • Gearbox ended up terminating the arrangement via stating they weren't getting "satisfactory reports" from them. This person claims that this was basically legal-speak and that the true reason was that Gearbox was getting so much negative feedback that they wanted an excuse not to fix the sheer volume of problems being reported back to them and steadily piling up.

Take from that what you will.

Again, right now, the above should be considered purely speculative, but is, nonetheless, interesting.

Nor surprised at all! All the news we have been getting clearly show Randy and crew as sole responsibles and even conspirators to make the game fail! All the decisions they made, the funds redirected, the beta-testers lists of faults being disregarded, it is clearly incredible derelict of duty and potentially commercial suicide committed by Randy and Gearbox! This guy is clearly leading this company to their doom! I mean, did he really believe he would make this fly?!  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed